Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

(Around the 2:30 mark I think)

See how they’re letting the bar come down and almost catching it with their traps? They have control on the way down, but they aren’t necessarily “controlling” the weight on the way down.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a shot next week. I never even considered letting it drop that fast. Thanks!

2 Likes

Uh yeah pain isnt good man

Just make sure you’re hitting the right spot. I hit too high the other week and the bone was sore for about a week. Shit sucks.

1 Like

That’s why I’d consider using the p pad. No one’s a tough guy if you chip off a piece of your vertebrae because of your ego.

1 Like

Be very aware of shoulder impingement when BTN press.
Pain is not good. Some people has no proplem with BTN and some totally destroys their shoulders.
So if the pains continue especially the days after. Ditch the damn thing. You already has a bad hip don’t let the shoulder follow :slight_smile:

I know. I’ve been having pain in my shoulder anyway but I think it’s biceps tendinitis. I feel great on the press. It’s just the eccentric phase that’s uncomfortable. I’m going to try it again next week and let the weight drop faster. That should help.

I went for a massage the other day and she asked if I have a barbell across my upper back much; “Yep”

She then suggested I use the p-pad because it was really affecting my muscles that she was trying to work; “Haha, yeah, I won’t be doing that; thanks for the suggestion though…”

5 Likes

Lol! What if she told you it was hindering your trap development?

1 Like

I think I would have under-developed traps, lol.

1 Like

Woke at 228.6 lbs

Yesterday’s Nutrition
2976 calories, 399g carbs, 90g fat, 158g protein.

Evening Training

Deadlift
135 x 10
185 x 5
235 x 5
275 x 3
325 x 3
365 x 3 x 5 sets

2.25" Deficit Deadlift
235 x 8 x 4

Underhand Bent-Over Row
135 x 8
145 x 8
155 x 8
165 x 8

I’m going to have to rearrange my schedule. This workout is too noisy to do at 5:30am while the kids are sleeping. I was actually awake this morning but decided it’d be best not to disturb our sleeping 1 year old. He seems to squeal every Thursday when I Deadlift before work. I’m only going to get louder because triples at this weight were rough. I imagine the following weeks are only going to get worse.

There will be no nutrition info tomorrow because I had all you can eat BBQ for lunch today. That was my last meal. I had a protein shake after my workout and now I’m drinking some tasty Octoberfest beer.

2 Likes

In case your stumbled across my conversation in BOTSLAYER’s thread, here are the facts:

The Color of Crime, 2016 Revised Edition - American Renaissance

This seems to be a compilation of the FBI or DOJ stats, which are much harder to sort through.

1 Like

You’ve got to move that bar a lonnngg way.

1 Like

I’m well aware!

With the deadlift? I was thinking the same thing. JMaier’s deficit of 2.25" is probably equivalent to my 8 inch dead :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s amazing how much that small distance changes things.

1 Like

Woke at 229.6 lbs. I was 230.8 lbs yesterday.

Yesterday’s Nutrition
3542 calories, 386g carbs, 98g fat, 211g protein.

Training

Ab Wheel
4 x 10

Bench
135 x 10
155 x 8
185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 3 x 5 sets

Band Face Pulls
3 x 15

Full ROM DB Bench
65 x 8 x 4 sets

Band Rev Fly
3 x 15

Close Grip Incline
115 x 8 x 4 sets

Straight Bar Curl
95 x 5F/3T/5B x 2 sets

My wife had a 5K this morning and her mom screwed us once again. This is the second time (out of two chances) that my wife has asked her well in advance to watch the kids only to bail the week of the race. She thinks running and exercising is stupid and doesn’t care if she hurts my wife. My brother-in-law is a 37 year old degenerate so she has to drive him around and handle all of his daily tasks…including raising his son.

On the plus side I didn’t have to go in to work til 11 so I got to work out at home without being rushed. And the wifey took first place overall in the women’s division with a time of 20:29. She hasn’t been training specifically for a 5K but that’s still her fastest 5K time. :running_woman::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Congrats to the wifey, that’s a very solid time for women.

1 Like

No workout today. Diet was OK. I’m drinking Sam Adam’s Harvest Hefe and the wife and I are about to watch King Arthur. BTW, this beer is quite tasty. I’ve never had it before but it was a good choice.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I used the bio-impedence thing to check my body fat first thing this morning. I was dehydrated and it said I was just a shade under 16%. I hate that thing… Or myself if that’s accurate.

2 Likes

Woke at 229.6 lbs.

Yesterday’s Nutrition
3696 calories, 358g carbs, 89g fat, 222g protein

Complete Power Look Week 2

Warm-up
3 lap dynamic warm-up with a few build-up runs

Neutral Pull-ups
10, 10, 8-2 (rest/pause)

Deadlift
225 x 5 x 2
275 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 4 x 5 sets

Deficit Deadlift
245 x 8 x 2
265 x 6 x 2
Stood on the 35 lb bumper plates. I looked up the dimensions and they were 2.36" thick.

Underhand Bent-Over Row
185 x 8 x 2
205 x 6 x 2

This was a waste of time. I felt no MMC. My low back was too tired to do anything other than just going through the motions.

Plate Loaded Hammer Row
140 x 10F/10T/10B
140 x 10B/10T/10F

Rope Cable Curl
130 x 10
130 x 8
90 x 8B/8T/8F

Recumbent Bike
15 minutes on level 7 while I read on my phone. 3.83 miles.

I switched my deadlift and squat days so I don’t have to worry about waking everyone up on Thursday mornings at 5am by dropping the weight. Deadlifts are significantly easier at the Y using their Texas Deadlift bar compared to my Rogue Echo 2.0.