Just Another Log

I have so much respect for you bodybuilders. You guys have nutrition down to a science!

Nutrition (eating well and within parameters) is the hardest fucking thing when it comes to training.

Going to the gym and busting ass when you don’t want to is the easy part lol.

So
download

3 Likes

Things don’t work otherwise -lol.

Knowing what variables to push, pull or press when an individual client is x many weeks out, with a so and so insulin sensitivity, and a recovery that allows you to do so much cardio before training and muscle retention is hampered,… well, that’s why you see people hiring the same few name coaches repeatedly (and I’ll gladly toot my own horn for a change because there’s a reason why so many trainers and especially competitors from this very site always Come to me :yum:)

S

3 Likes

You gotta keep in mind this advice is basically “if you eat high fat and high carbs with high protein, you’ll get fat”, which boiled down even further is “if you eat too much food, you’ll get fat”.

It’s why I eat a high fat/low carb diet, because the alternative is simply called “obesity”

Beyond that, I have nothing to contribute to the topic, but just thought I’d share some perspective.

5 Likes

You know a thing or two @T3hPwnisher :slight_smile: (this is said with a blink in the eye)

When peeps asks me how to train to lose fat, I say eat less.

2 Likes

Damn, I’ve never thought about it like that. Have you noticed anything with your health (good or bad) eating high fat/low carbs for all these years?

I got my fasted bloodwork back a few weeks ago, and I’m essentially a mutant.

My HDL is 86, Total is 256, LDL is like 160, Triglycerides were 51 (going off memory. I remember the HDL and Triglycerides for sure, but little fuzzy on the LDL). Total is high, but that’s expected because my HDL is over double the high range, and as a result my doc says I’m at no risk for heart disease. However, a lot of that is genetic. My mom has triple digit HDL and had her blood studied by Princeton, and she doesn’t eat like I do.

I feel good with a high fat diet though. I feel “lighter”, if that makes sense. When I eat carbs, I tend to feel bogged down. But I’m in a weird place foodwise. I can eat a 1.5lb steak or a dozen eggs and still be hungry, but if I eat half a potato I’ll feel full. I have fried rice once a week as part of a cheat meal, and I spend the next 12 hours feeling pretty bloated.

1 Like

I’m the exact opposite.

3 Likes

My wife is that way too. It’s weird how it all shakes out. I imagine there is some genetic/biogical mechanism at play, but god help me if I could explain it.

1 Like

It has been suggested (but not yet settled upon) that insulin metabolism may play a role in such very-short-term post-prandial responses. Briefly, it has been speculated that individuals like me (and your wife) may have a too-robust insulin response to a high-carb meal. Too much insulin means blood sugar drops lower than it should, which may result in the release of counterregulatory hormones signaling hunger. Just a (disputed) theory at this juncture.

2 Likes

POWER CLEAN
245x3
245x3
245x3
245x3
245x3

BACK SQUAT
315x10
335x8
365x6
385x4
405x2
135x50

Fire alarm went off in the gym building so had to leave. Oh well life happens.

5 Likes

Good lord

1 Like

What he said…

1 Like

Yates wrote that he had experienced something similar, a drop in blood sugar after a marked rise, and that it was something he needed to be aware of around his training.

S

1 Like

50 rep squatting is that the new trend.
You crazy man

1 Like

My legs are SOOOOOOO sore today. I had to stand to take a shit today because it hurt so bad to try to sit down.

8 Likes

CONDITIONING

45 minutes of sparring (Muay Thai)

1 Like

It’s crazy how fast the body normalizes to high rep squatting. I’ve been doing it for about 3 weeks, and had no soreness after my last 50 repper. Just general leg fatigue.

You’re a much stronger squatter than me currently. How long do you think the set took you? Mine was about 3:50.

1 Like

I’ve unfortunately seen how that goes too (in Boulder of all places!) and… ew. :laughing:

1 Like

Do you live in CO? I’m in Denver! Love Boulder though, just wayyyy too expensive to live there lol.

DEADLIFT (Hanging Leg Raises, Curls, Calves - 350)
405x6
405x6
405x6
405x6
405x6

BENCH PRESS (DB Rows, Split Squats, Ab Wheel - 350)
225x10
225x10
225x8
225x8
225x8

Went to place called Linger where they serve a dish with Crickets in it. It was soooo good. Crazy because JUST today I read an article about how insects are the protein of the future.

I’m thinking of buying a insect protein powder to see how it makes me feel. What if I turn into spider man haha!

On a side note I think I’m going to build volume up before intensity. Run this for a bit to see how it feels especially since I want to take some Macro jumps (@T3hPwnisher). I’m thinking It would look something like this:

Week 1 - 5x5
Week 2 - 5x6
Week 3 - 5x7
Week 4 - 5x8
Add 20lbs and repeat cycle again or until all 5x8 is done for a lift. I think it would be fun and very easy to program at least through the end of this year.

1 Like

Nah I was just visiting during that excursion. I did live in Westminster for 4 months during college though. Love it out there! Need to get back out sometime.