Just Another Log

Point of clarification; are you wanting to BE bigger or APPEAR bigger?

In the instance of the latter, an emphasis on fat loss would most likely be beneficial.

1 Like

I want to be bigger I’m thinking. Whether it’s in my suit or clothes off lol. My fiancé said she doesn’t care if I have a 6 pack for the wedding, but just doesn’t want me to get unreasonable fat for the wedding. I think In all honesty she wants me to have some bigger arms for the pictures lol

My tux was sleeveless too.

3 Likes

Haha! That gave me a good laugh! Just talked to her, she wants me to not look super skinny in our wedding photos. So maybe just losing fat and keep doing what I’m doing and I’ll APPEAR bigger.

1 Like

Week 3 - Day 1 - Cycle 3

FRONT SQUAT
135x5
145x3
165x7 PR Set
135x12 (Back Squat)

OVERHEAD PRESS
95x5
110x3
120x6 PR Set
115x3
95x8

DEADLIFT
190x5
205x3
235x8 PR Set
225x5
225x5
135x15 (RDL)

NG CHIN UPS
50 total reps

DECLINE SITUPS

SAUNA
12 min

In my own personal experience-- if you eat pretty clean, you can eat a ton of food without getting fat as long as your training has a good deal of intensity.

I only gain appreciable amounts of fat when I start adding in the pastas, breads, dairy and stuff like that. If you stick with leans meats, vegetables, rice, potatoes, oats, quinoa, etcetera and healthy oils-- it is about impossible to get fat as long as you’re active.

2 Likes

Yo for sure man! So your telling me if I stick to:

Lean meats
Rice/potatoes
Veggies
Fruits
Olive oil
And maybe some peanut butter/almonds

If I eat around 3000 cals the chances of me getting fat as long as I’m bustin ass and being active I should be all good?

1 Like

Yeah man, pretty much. If you get fat eating those things, that is a sign that you need to train harder.

1 Like

Sounds good man, that’s a change I can implement starting right now! That’s what I’ll start doing. I appreciate the input/guidance man!

sadpanda…I can get fat on rice and fruit.

1 Like

3 Likes

THOUGHTS

-My body feels it today. It hurts all over lol. I think the past 3 weeks I’ve finally learned what pushing up the intensity means. I haven’t been this locked in when actually at the gym training in my life.

-I think keeping my exercise selection small is helping me really hammer away instead of thinking. And the mix of ranges honestly has been really refreshing. It’s like everyday there is a challenge.

-Gives me the feeling that most beginners such as myself try to fit too many exercises in a program instead of just giving a few 150% focus. Makes me think all I need when I get a home gym is:
a barbell, bumper plates, a platform, pull up bar, tractor tire. If I had to only focus on using that as my equipment for life, I guarantee I would be strong as fuck.

-If I have 15-20 min to really warm up then: Limber 11 + Shoulder Dislocates +Overhead Squats with a Broomstick + Hanging From the bar + stretching wrists + broad jumps does the job very well. VERY primed to workout.

-If I have 5-10 min to warm up: Tumbling with cartwheels and leg swings and some body weight squats does the job as well. Plus I add in a few reps in my warm ups sets. Tumbling is highly underrated.

-Does anyone else feel super tired the day of/after deadlifts? I swear they wear me the fuck out. Yesterday after the gym, I ate and then went to sleep for 2 hours.

Anyway…

Conditioning - Week 3
60 Min Walk - Taking it easy today.

2 Likes

Day of, sometimes to the point of feeling ill if I’ve really pushed it.

1 Like

Before I turned 30 I could away with this. Now I have to watch portion control.

2 Likes

For me it depends on if I’ve hit a new rep PR or hit a new 1 Rep Max

Rep PR’s I usually feel pretty tired and sore the next day regardless of how well I slept and ate. I typically Bench Press the day after Deadlifts and the best part about that day is laying down on the bench itself.

On a day where I hit a new 1 rep max I normally feel pretty tired as the day goes progresses. The day I deadlifted 550 I was really excited and felt very happy about hitting that goal I had set for myself. As the day moved along, the excitement started to wear off and started to feel a bit lethargic. The next day I felt great. I’m not an “emotional” lifter which means I don’t hype myself up at all but on that 550 day I put a little more emotion and hype into the lift. It may just be a personality trait but I can easily wear myself out mentally way before I can wear myself out physically!

1 Like

So my team finished our project 4 weeks ahead of schedule and will be returning to Denver on Wednesday. So my fiance wants to hit the gym everyday (she’s just focusing on cardio and diet because she has to lose 30lbs).

But she wants me to go with her everyday to the gym.

How should I manage my schedule to be at the gym everyday? Should I just alternate between lifting and conditioning?

DAY 1 - Lift
DAY 2 - Condition
DAY 3 - Lift
DAY 4 - Condition
DAY 5 - Lift
DAY 6 - Condition
DAY 7 - Lift
and keep going back and forth.

After a DL or Squat PR my adrenaline gets going and my hands even get shaky. It usually carries me through the day but sometimes I crash and need a nap.

Rep days give me “runners high”.

Lower Pull Push Repeat

Add in conditioning days as desired.

Personally I think PPL is the best split for any level over beginner all the way to the top 99.999%.

2 Likes

Thanks man! See I don’t want to mess with 5/3/1 too much though. I’m thinking if my intensity is high there’s no way I could lift 5+ days a week at the stage I’m at right now. Maybe it’s better to stick to 3-4 days lifting intense and just condition/yoga on my off days.

Fuck it, I’m thinking too much. I’ll just continue doing that I’m doing with the FB setup. Working out well so far, so why stop right?

1 Like

Either stick to two 531 days and have one hard conditioning day and the rest incline walk on the treadmill for a half hour or start doing four 531 days per week and one hard and two easy conditioning sessions.

2 Likes

Week 3 - Day 2 - Cycle 1

BACK SQUAT
135x5
155x3
170x10 PR Set
170x5
170x5
155x15 (This set probably took me 3-4 minutes. Literally willed myself to get to 15).

DB BENCH (Bench Press is always taken! I might start just focusing on OHP and do bench when it’s convenient)
50x10
50x10
50x10
50x10
50x10

DB ROW
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10

NG CHIN UPS
50 total reps

AB WHEEL

Notes: Got in got out. If things are being taken I either have to wait or just go get some heavy DBs and use those instead.

2 Likes