Intramuscular vs SubQutaneous Injections for Testosterone

Yes, about 75 mg/week (twice a week) using parameters for IM in above post. So you are spot on given the variability in the PK parameters.

2 Likes

I started with subq after being on cream. My dosage had my test high on my first testing so I reduced dosage but decided to try shallow IM to see if I noticed a difference. Feeling wise, did not notice a difference but next test with IM, even with a dose reduction, my levels went even higher than they were with subq. Possibly did not stick with subq long enough for a good comparison but do believe I was on for 3 months before testing. I saw the dosage reduction go higher with shallow IM and stuck with it as I saw it as a way to save money by not needing as much test versus subq. Personally I did not like subq either I found it more painful versus shallow IM.

For what it’s worth, the late Dr. John Crisler, who ran a TRT clinic in Lansing, Mi., ran his own informal experiments on his patients comparing sub-q to IM and found the former to result in higher total test. and less estradiol.

2 Likes

Do you know if he released any articles or data about this? I found some videos, but nothing that would be considered ‘scientific literature’. No worries if not, just curious.

Yeah I had heard of his experiments and that is why I started sub-q versus IM. Like I said, I only ran sub-q for 3 months which was right after switching to injections over cream so maybe not a good comparison but my experience showed the opposite in both test levels and E2. Just my experience.

I am curious if he changed their protocol as well when he ran these experiments. Say a 2-3 times weekly IM, versus a daily sub-q? I personally did not change a thing and have been daily from day 1.

Doc told me to inject twice weekly or something similar when I was first moving to injections. Then I saw the harpoons he wanted me to do IM with and told him I wanted to try sub-q instead. If I was going to do that, he wanted me injecting daily. Made no sense to me why different injection methods I needed to do different injection protocols. Well except for, I sure as hell wouldn’t want to inject those harpoons daily. But saw no reason as to why sub-q couldn’t have been 2-3 times weekly over daily and now wondering if that is just how he read it works the best from these other experiments.

27/28g 0.5 inch insulin pin for IM/SQ/shallow IM/deep SQ :slight_smile:. DG or shoulder. Works for me.

3 Likes

Same here. Delts is my usual go to, but occasionally throw in glute, lat, tri and quads. Got to mix things up a little :wink:

3 Likes

Anyone know if there’s evidence to support increased effectiveness with more varied injection sites? Or perhaps the corollary with decreased effectiveness with lack of injection site variation?
IM or SubQ, doesn’t matter.

I don’t believe there is increased/decreased effectiveness personally. I just do it for minimizing potential scar tissue. Not real worried about it with small gauge needles, but just in case.

1 Like

Use for 10 min over site of injection. 256% effectiveness boost.

2nd device looks perfect for VG/DG.

3 Likes

Higher trough and lower peak, almost like splitting your dose up during the week. Maybe just going SQ once a week is a way to mimic that?

I wonder if a certain amount of oil at a time will make a difference though due to muscle size and vascularity. Guessing that won’t really matter in the TRT range. Probably more when you start injecting 3 ml at a time.

What do you think of lats? Imo super underrated. Haven’t got pip once in a year of pinning EOD, sometimes 1mL at a time with a slin pin.

Pretty painless. I personally never have had to deal with PIP though, only pain during. Probably due to never injecting very large amounts being on a daily protocol, I would guess. I think the largest I have injected wasn’t even 1cc when I went hunting last year. I took a larger injection prior to going up so I didn’t have to worry about my test freezing and just left it at home.

1 Like