Inside LA Fitness :

I am very pleased with my LA Fitness, for many of the reasons above, but Ill reiterate:

• DBs up to 125, which is good for a commercial gym
  • 2 squat racks and a cage
  • Gym management do not bust balls about DLing and chalk
  • Plenty of eye candy
  • Full court basketball (agreed it does get packed)
  • Nice Pool
  • Relatively clean
  • The regulars arent bad guys and girls.
  • Huge Parking lot, never an issue.
  • $30 a month not bad

Hey Op, where in WA are you? I’ve been to several in our state and they have all been terrible. The managers at the one in Bellevue told me that ‘They don’t allow powerlifting, and don’t cater to that type of lifting’.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:

[quote]comus3 wrote:
Also, greatest gym of all time for the visuals has got to be Sports Club LA in Beverly Hills. I worked out there for a week while on a temporary job in LA. I worked out during the day and couldn’t believe the quality of the indolent class that shared that schedule. [/quote]

Haven’t been there, but Las Vegas Athletic Club is like a free nudie bar. All the working girls go there to maintain. Sucks to work out there since it’s so packed, but damn if there isn’t some motivation.[/quote]

The Alaska Athletic Club in Fairbanks is my gym when I’m home. Hot chicks, not so much. I will have to remember LVAC, usually I’m in some random hotel gym with the douchebags working off hangovers.

Im on LA Fitness’s paid in full program (2 years- $300). I can use any club in the state. I just wish they’re dumbbells went higher, had reverse hypers and safety squat bar.
There is this hardcore gym really close to me, I want to check out, Lance’s Gym. Just waiting on my ISTW funds to come in from ROTC, so at least I could start going back to LA or check out Lance’s

[quote]Razamataz wrote:
Hey Op, where in WA are you? I’ve been to several in our state and they have all been terrible. The managers at the one in Bellevue told me that ‘They don’t allow powerlifting, and don’t cater to that type of lifting’. [/quote]

Right up by the border.

Yeah that one in bellvue was the one i looked at. Lol i dont know wtf the difference is between powerlifting and regular lifting other than using more weight and training srs . Lol.

[quote]VlocoG wrote:
Im on LA Fitness’s paid in full program (2 years- $300). I can use any club in the state. I just wish they’re dumbbells went higher, had reverse hypers and safety squat bar.
There is this hardcore gym really close to me, I want to check out, Lance’s Gym. Just waiting on my ISTW funds to come in from ROTC, so at least I could start going back to LA or check out Lance’s[/quote]

I know where that’s at. A few of my training partners had a power meet there about two weeks ago. I currently lift at Quads in Calumet City. If you can, definitely come and check it out. They have DBs up to 200, a monolift, tons of weight, hammer strength machines up the ass, and just about anything you could want. Plus, Ed Coan trains there and there’s a ton of other strong dudes to talk to and get on board with. Everybody there is killer nice and welcoming.

CS

[quote]Razamataz wrote:
Hey Op, where in WA are you? I’ve been to several in our state and they have all been terrible. The managers at the one in Bellevue told me that ‘They don’t allow powerlifting, and don’t cater to that type of lifting’. [/quote]

Try the LA Fitness in downtown Renton, I haven’t seen any problems with management or the like for lifting. I can imagine that in Bellevue they might be scared of any heavy weights that can make a loud sound, because it is Bellevue. At least they probably have some hot girls there though.

Yea, I cant afford the time to go up there, Im living downtown now on my UPASS to get to school(school gym), my groceries, ROTC training,etc. I used to live really close to there and went up there once with my friend who was starting to seriously get in the powerlifting game and was even trained by Ed Coan and had physical therapy done or paid by him, I believe.But I guess he lost motivation/energy when he recently got a kid on his hands. Shit, I don’t remember seeing the monolift though, but then again it was sensory overload when I walked in, so much equipment and knowing the place was fukn legendary!

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]VlocoG wrote:
There is this hardcore gym really close to me, I want to check out, Lance’s Gym. Just waiting on my ISTW funds to come in from ROTC, so at least I could start going back to LA or check out Lance’s[/quote]

I know where that’s at. A few of my training partners had a power meet there about two weeks ago. I currently lift at Quads in Calumet City. If you can, definitely come and check it out. They have DBs up to 200, a monolift, tons of weight, hammer strength machines up the ass, and just about anything you could want. Plus, Ed Coan trains there and there’s a ton of other strong dudes to talk to and get on board with. Everybody there is killer nice and welcoming.

CS[/quote]

[quote]juaneastcreek wrote:

[quote]Razamataz wrote:

Try the LA Fitness in downtown Renton, I haven’t seen any problems with management or the like for lifting. I can imagine that in Bellevue they might be scared of any heavy weights that can make a loud sound, because it is Bellevue. At least they probably have some hot girls there though.[/quote]

Same thing there. At least they let me finish my work before telling me I wouldn’t be able to deadlift after guarenteeing me that it would be alright. The manager that sold us the membership even lied about the refund policy and kept our money. Overall, I’ve been very disappointed with every expirence with LAFitness and when they bought out the Bally’s I was training at I left.

[quote]Field wrote:

[quote]Razamataz wrote:

Right up by the border.

Yeah that one in bellvue was the one i looked at. Lol i dont know wtf the difference is between powerlifting and regular lifting other than using more weight and training srs . Lol.[/quote]

I’m not sure what they really meant by ‘powerlifting’. I don’t think they even knew what that word means. Especially since we were standing between a squat rack and a bench press. It’s not like I was maxing out either. I did one warm-up set of 135 before they stopped me.

Pros: It’s not Planet Fitness
Cons: Typical commercial gym

Heh… I just got done viewing the site of a German powerlifting gym which belongs to an actual PL club (or whatever you call that, team or some such).

They spent the entire “equipment” page showing pictures of various crappy machines, not a single power rack (though they have a squat rack or two)… Their “history/bio” page is them talking about how they finally got enough money to buy more machines, machines this, machines that, self-made machines, blah-blah.

Seriously. Nothing against machines but… Come on, can I at least know if you have a competition bench and what your heaviest DB’s are? What sort of bars you have? Powerlifting gym and all that?