Homemade Torture Chamber

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
True and I should not post quickly and actually read what you posted.
[/quote]

No problem, I know you old folk get a lil uppity from time to time :wink:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
[/quote]

No problem, I know you old folk get a lil uppity from time to time :wink: [/quote]

0_o

If you had 5 kids from 18-23 you would be grumpy to

I built my power rack, and I get a warm fuzzy when I look at it. There is something awesome about making your own equipment.

Just browsing racks at Elite and the base model e-series is $699.00 plus $245.00 shipping, so $944.00 vs. $330.00 and some time well spent, Iā€™d say Carbiduis won.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
[/quote]

No problem, I know you old folk get a lil uppity from time to time :wink: [/quote]

0_o

If you had 5 kids from 18-23 you would be grumpy to[/quote]

Lol, Iā€™m grumpy anywayā€¦

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

I am guessing that it will be about 10mo before my home gym is paid for by the savings. ($330/rack + $210/weights + $280/Barbell + $140/bench)

Iā€™m really happy with how it turned out. This morning I was doing top-half squats with 455 and the safety rails had barely any detectable flex to them which made me happy.
[/quote]

The opportunity cost of how much time I read T-Nation would probably have a substantive impact on the national deficitā€¦

Let me say that after having my home setup for about a year, I firmly believe that you will not regret your decision to invest.

Well done man. Looks good.

For the before mentioned posts: $329.99 from New York Barbell.

Awesome project though man, nice work.

[quote]Evolv wrote:
For the before mentioned posts: $329.99 from New York Barbell.

Awesome project though man, nice work.[/quote]

Thanks.

The first thing I would ask is what are the shipping costs? what is the weight capacity? It drives me fucking nuts when they donā€™t list the weight capacity, itā€™s like one of THE most important criteria.

I did take a hard look at cheaper racks like this before embarking on making my own rack. The only model I found for $300 had a weight capacity of 300lbs (now the same model comes up with a 500lb capacityĆ¢?Ā¦wtf). For what I saw when I was doing my research, I came to the conclusion to make my own. However, I beefed up a few things so the cost went up. I saw a 1" safety rail bent at my gym, so I went to 1-3/16", you may not think that the extra 3/16" makes a big difference, but it does. and the dual 1" bolts on each j-hook is just overkill, but I want to feel completely safe.

Iā€™d say that in the end I did save money, but not an astronomical amount, maybe $100-$200.

^^^Absolutely, I didnā€™t see weight capacity on their website. Also, a huge thing when I was looking at racks was the space inside the rack. Which is another thing worth considering too.

Nice job

great job OP. That totally shits on my homemade cage.