Hipsters: Yay or Nay?

[quote]Onslaught2099 wrote:

It’s good to have a solid reference before making judgement. lol. [/quote]

Who the fuck is Jack Keraw and how did he write Kerouac’s book?

that girl from 500 days of summer was pretty hot

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
As long as they don’t infringe on my enjoyment of life, I’m fine with them. Wiccans, Goths, Emos, hipsters, whatever. Live and let live. The more male hipsters there are, the bigger my guns, pecs and genitals look.

Some of the female hipsters are pretty cute. [/quote]

Wrong, hipster girls are not-cute they are cute…I don’t know what the fuck I’m saying. Either way, I still want to punch them in the face.

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:
that girl from 500 days of summer was pretty hot[/quote]

x2

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
Wrong, hipster girls are not-cute they are cute…I don’t know what the fuck I’m saying. Either way, I still want to punch them in the face.[/quote]

At least hit her in the liver or spleen. I have other plans for the face…

whats a hipster nowadays?

I thought it was a term connected to jazz or hippies or something like that.

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:

I thought it was a term connected to jazz or hippies or something like that.[/quote]

http://www.cracked.com/funny-259-hipsters/

become enlightened MIM

I thought the thread was about going to be about these. These I like.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
As long as they don’t infringe on my enjoyment of life, I’m fine with them. Wiccans, Goths, Emos, hipsters, whatever. Live and let live. The more male hipsters there are, the bigger my guns, pecs and genitals look.

Some of the female hipsters are pretty cute. [/quote]

Wrong, hipster girls are not-cute they are cute…I don’t know what the fuck I’m saying. Either way, I still want to punch them in the face.[/quote]

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
dude, you need to relax, you’re wound up too tight
chill out bro
are you gonna have that positive thinking assignment done by monday?

yea thats right…all I’m looking for is a quick “touche sir” and I’ll be on my merry way…and I won’t even call you a hypocrite
[/quote]

EDIT:
FUCK-DAMMIT…I mistakenly took you as imhungry, he has tigers in his avatar I guess thats where I got confused “hahhaa, classic mixup” (ala zack galifiniakis in the hangover)

peace

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:

I thought it was a term connected to jazz or hippies or something like that.[/quote]

http://www.cracked.com/funny-259-hipsters/

become enlightened MIM[/quote]

Favorite part:

Are you willing to put more effort into looking like you don’t care than most people put into looking like they do care?

Shouldn’t the title be Hipsters: Yay or Gay?

Im friends with hipsters. I actually don’t mind them at times but sometimes they act so pretentious and snobby that it annoys the hell out of me. My friend for example,The other day we were behind a coffee shop talking about his girlfriend shaving her legs. He says he hates it because its a “social norm”. He also hates her wearing make up. This is all so ironic because he loves wearing tight cut offs,he loves listening to Teagan & Sara,and hes an art major. Wouldnt all this be a social norm,at the very least,in his niche or group? Its all very hypocritical and stupid. He also hates “being judged” but is quick to call someone else a douche bag and criticize and mock me for lifting weights for a hobby.

Hipster Women are Not To Be Trusted because they fuck sexless, self-emasculated body. If you’re sporting a decent amount of muscle, don’t expect for Hipster Women to give a shit. Furthermore, since these Hipster Chicks allow themselves to sleep with skinny bitch boys, it’s clear that these women don’t have a healthy sexual appetite.

“Hipsters” also bug the shit out of me because they’re simply bad at what they do. If you’re trying to be hip by turning to American Apparel or Urban Outfitters then you’ve already lost sight of the entire point of your endeavor to be different and cutting edge. Most of the time I talk to these tools I end up knowing more about whatever the latest books, music, or indie films are. In my experience if you’re actually someone whose hip to new and exciting shit, then you’re not a hipster or a goth or an anything. You’re probably a maniac whose scouring the world for cool shit.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Im friends with hipsters. I actually don’t mind them at times but sometimes they act so pretentious and snobby that it annoys the hell out of me. My friend for example,The other day we were behind a coffee shop talking about his girlfriend shaving her legs. He says he hates it because its a “social norm”. He also hates her wearing make up. This is all so ironic because he loves wearing tight cut offs,he loves listening to Teagan & Sara,and hes an art major. Wouldnt all this be a social norm,at the very least,in his niche or group? Its all very hypocritical and stupid. He also hates “being judged” but is quick to call someone else a douche bag and criticize and mock me for lifting weights for a hobby.[/quote]

This. one of my best friends people would consider a “hipster” personally id say hes more of a “hippy.” But one time we were talking about it and he said the thing he hates about thse “hipsters” is that he said they judge people worse than anyone he knows and it really doesnt make sense seeing as what they say they believe in.

hipster girls can be cute,but they always look malnurished and unathletic…still cute but not living up to their potential hotness IMO

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Im friends with hipsters. I actually don’t mind them at times but sometimes they act so pretentious and snobby that it annoys the hell out of me. My friend for example,The other day we were behind a coffee shop talking about his girlfriend shaving her legs. He says he hates it because its a “social norm”. He also hates her wearing make up. This is all so ironic because he loves wearing tight cut offs,he loves listening to Teagan & Sara,and hes an art major. Wouldnt all this be a social norm,at the very least,in his niche or group? Its all very hypocritical and stupid. He also hates “being judged” but is quick to call someone else a douche bag and criticize and mock me for lifting weights for a hobby.[/quote]

That’s a friend?

Hipster girls look like I can break them, which could be fun.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:
that girl from 500 days of summer was pretty hot[/quote]

x2[/quote]
(left is Zooey Deschanel, right is Katy Perry)
If you didn’t want to take her because of the Hipster thing, you could just say you think Katy Perry is cute…they are identical.

Holy crap!!!

Guys! Guys!

Lifting weights and training hard is a niche thing and goes against the social norm…

Oh crap-

nay