High Test + High SHBG (Improved over 2 years with no TRT)

I wouldn’t add anything else on top of what you are taking now. If you think you can’t do a Proviron mono-therapy for a prolonged time, then there’s no point of adding it for a brief period. You will be back at square one when you will come off of it.

Keep a protocol for 6-8 weeks and see how you feel.

@appassionato I thought that was the general thing with proviron, is it’s short term only due to the blood lipids? Are people using it long term?

Some people are adding it to TRT to improve the androgen index in the body and they swear by it, especially the ones that don’t convert very well to DHT.

Problem is that Proviron is mildly suppressive and will probably shut down your HPTA on the long run.
But that doesn’t matter if you’re on TRT.

Biotin supplementation screws with hormone labs, you’ll never get a clear picture while taking biotin.

The problem is that many common blood tests employ a biotin-streptavidin reaction as part of the test procedure. While the amount of usual dietary biotin intake is not expected to be high enough to affect these tests, biotin supplementation at doses greater than 1 mg per day can cause either falsely low or falsely high test results, depending on the analyte and platform used for testing.

Couldn’t agree with you more!!! I stated the same thing about both Proviron and Danazol; although low-dose Proviron is better at not shutting down normal T when used to control SHBG.

Proviron did NOT work for me and I had multiple trials. Danazol has been the only thing that works but I must remain on TRT.

People here suggest you keep at it for 2 months and then take blood work again. After that, when you see that your SHBG has not decreased, it will be time to try something else.

@traveling-man I very much heard you about Proviron, and have a box in my kitchen. I’m just not at the stage yet where I’m going to risk shutting anything down.

In fact, I’m going to come off TRT. I’m convinced high SHBG is a required state for something in the body. It feels like it protective against something, as whatever I do or take my body tries to re-regulate the levels of free test and SHBG.

Also forcing the SHBG down with TRT increased some other issues I was having before, and after missing 2 shots on purpose those have started to subside.

I’m going to try and find out what it’s actually doing, and see if fixing that fixes the issue. Remove all possible unknowns and knowns, and try every natural approach first.

I know TRT works well enough and isn’t just a simple shot and forget about it, and have Danzol and Proviron to test as last resorts.

But I’m only 36, it’s too early for that yet. I accepted testosterone and HCG as they are produced by the body and have positive impacts on health, lower mortality rates etc etc. The only negative I could find was some increased rates of cardio events, but that is supposed to be caused by increased unnatural energy (compared to the state of some peoples bodies), and pushing them selfs too fast in the gym and bedroom etc before they vascular system has caught up. These events only happen in the first 2 years of treatment so the logic makes sense.

The others mentioned are pharmaceuticals and all pharmaceuticals are always last resorts (for me, in my life). I’m not adverse to using them, if literally there are no other options.

Thanks

@systemlord Thanks, that’s very useful info.

Yes you can stay on trt at those levels. it won’t kill you. you are probably also seeing a peak and the levels will fluctuate a little depending on how you are taking the injections.

Keeping your levels a little higher ensures your body gets what I needs fast. Later *couple or few months, you can try to find a smaller dose to save money and etc

until then dont change a thing and dont be fearful. t does not kill. those body builders take 1,000 mg a week and add many other products on top of it. they get unhealthy because of that, the T is considered so safe they take a huge amount weekly and never think twice about it.

So a little more advice would be appreciated. I went back on TRT while I’m trying a protocol I’m developing to get the SHBG down, but will take some time. Will post results if it works.

In the mean time, I’m on 200mg a week of Test E, and things go really great for the first few weeks / month, then my body just seems to adjust to the T and I’m back where I started.

(Also ignore the bit about the high reading before, I pined two doses by mistake as I thought I’d wrecked a bottle in the fridge but must have worked)

What is the highest dose I can go to?
Would one bigger dose weekly help?
How long can you take proviron before it shuts anything down? How long to things ‘re start’ naturally?

check this out:

Did you try proviron?

@johnson332 Yes Proviron works, but many sides. Good to know it’s there, but still trying to dial in T only if possible.

@trevor_5 Wow thanks, I have been on MTHFR supplements for a year which have improved a lot but SHBG is the last annoying thing left.

Also found this interesting study, which I’m going to test out of anyone is also interested to test

TL:DR Red wine acts as a natural AI, SHBG suppressor, LH booster and free T booster (in women but still)

You was tryied provi solo?

@johnson332 No, but it’s a possible solution if I can’t dial in T / find the underlying problem.

can the feeling of lack of desire and excitement, poor erection, be a cause of shbg? SHBG: 43.70 (18-54) testosterone total: 700ng dl (249-839)

2022 update @youthful55guy @systemlord @traveling-man

T 895
SHBG 69.40
Free: 1.4%

Feelings: Way improved, can bang whenever I want, 1-2 random erections per day, can basically rely on my D most of the time now. Morning wood totally solid every morning for months. Somedays when everything is running perfect, I’m super anabolic and bulk up really fast (few days). Not where I was when I was 22, and some weeks better/worse than others, but every week and month is a very small improvement, and over time this is working and has been an upward improvement.

I would say free T isn’t the complete picture, as I was at 1.3% before but with over range T and SHBG. But I feel probably 7-8x better all around, not just D related.

I will do a full protocol write up shortly, but basically doing what I said I would. Detoxing mercury, being way more healthy, working out, eating clean, organic only, no stress, fixing vitamin and mineral imbalances (reducing iron, increasing B12 and many others), sleeping properly, working on latent infections, meditation, proper hydration, endless stuff to get on the right side of healthy. At least 1-2 hours a day of working on my health, learning about my body and biochemistry (which is totally individual to me).

Just want to update everyone, that improvement is possible to near normal. And I’m hoping past normal into excellent range, over the next 2 or more years.

This was all done with no meds, only vitamins, minerals and natural protocols.

There were somethings I ran into that can really help also for the short term, like pycenegol + L cituraline, DHEA + Preg, gaining weight (fat), but these are still in the same class as TRT, will boost you for a bit, but as underlying causes are not delt with, your body re-compensates after a number of weeks, and any effect is lost (for me anyway).

Protocols to follow shortly when I get time, have to distill a 50 tab spreadsheet.

I will also not rule out TRT in the future once I feel I have recovered fully. But using libido and erection quality is an extremely good bio marker when you are testing natural protocols. If you’re on TRT you lose this bit of navigation equipment. So once I feel like I don’t need it I may choose to go back on it, as it does have a lot of nice benefits. Maybe.

Thanks for everyones help so far. If anyone else has learned anything in the last 2 years, would be great to hear also.

I still feel like I’m only 50% done with removing mercury, and still have excess iron (recently discovered), it’s a long process and I still have a lot left in me. I’ll show you how you can test mercury at home in the write up later.

2 Likes

@tension22 Do you have any updates? What did you did that worked?

I guess I’m not a part of the ‘everyone’ group, nor is my original TRT doc (a widely respected expert). I have high SHBG and started TRT over 10 years ago. My doc prescribe smaller (~40 mg T-Cyp E3D) because I had low Free T as a result of my high SHBG. Like you, it was a fricken miracle, I felt the effect within days. Currently I maintain a frequent (either E3D or E2D) schedule with total weekly dosages in the 100-140 mg range. Mostly my weekly dosage is closer to 100 mg and I reserve the higher end during times of extreme activity (like during a 500 mile backpacking experience a year ago).

From what I’ve read, SHBG levels are genetically linked with some individuals adding extra sugar molecules to the protein (glycosylation) which extends the half life of the protein in the body. I wish I could find that paper to post here, I seemed to have lost it.

I’ve not read about heavy metals affecting SHBG production, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. I’m just not informed on the subject. Anyway, my approach to handling high SHBG levels, is to titrate your TRT dosage with periodic lab tests for Free T. Basically start at the low end of what you think might be an appropriate dosage and retest after reaching stable T levels (after 6-8 weeks). Then adjust the dose based on the results and repeat testing. Do this until your Free T is where you want it to be. For me, that’s about the 75th percentile of a healthy 30 year old man. Unfortunately, the labs usually don’t provide ranges outside of your age group, so I shoot for the 100th percentile of my 65 year old age group.

I’ll have to do some research on the heavy meatal theory of high SHBG. It intrigues me.

@ShitFuckDickSuck So basically for me this was a clearance issue. The critical ingredient to flush the liver of all excess sex hormones was epsom salt.

You can do a one time test, just take 4 table spoons of pharma grade (critically important) epsom salt, and see if you get improved temporary libido after. It will cause your liver to ‘flush’ which involves, well a powerful toilet experience after a few hours.

If you do experience increased libido, you can do this on a more regular basis which will give you a more permanent results (while you take the epsom salt) but you HAVE to take the co factors, your body needs these to clear the toxic metabolites generated. You will cause your self major issues if you take epsom salt long term with out these cofactors. Like your renal system shutting down.

And always take breaks, find what works best and listen to your body. An example might be, 5 days on 2 days off, 3 weeks on, 1 week off etc. It usually takes about 3 days after taking a break for the effects of higher libido to come back at the 1-5 tea spoon doses.

The less you can take to be effective the better, start with 5 tea spoons and work down until you find the minimum effective dose. Hopefully it’s less than 3, but 4-5 is okay or more, just take more breaks the more you use.

Magnesium
400mg –

Magnesium Sulfate
1 to 5 teaspoons a day, depending on your needs (best to take before sleep, so when you ‘flush’ the toxins, it won’t disturb your day)

Potassium
2000mg – This is the equivalent of 4 teaspoons of Cream of Tartar, or one teaspoon of Potassium Citrate.

SALT
1 to 3 teaspoons a day. Not table salt, sea salt or pink salt

Vitamin C
1 to 6 teaspoons a day. Only use L-Ascorbate

Selenium – 100-300mcg
Boron – 5 mg to 70mg a day. It may keep you awake if you take it late in the day.
Molybdenum - 100-300mcg – I take is separately from Magnesium Sulfate.
Zinc - 30 mg a day
B Vitamins – A good multivitamin is fine
A multi-vitamin

Cod Liver Oil 1 tablespoon a day
Sardines and Anchovies – Your body needs these
Ghee – Clarified butter - USA only- The cow stood in the sun and ate grass so you don’t have to.
1oz of beed liver per day (this will give you many of the minerals you need, like copper, iron etc)
2 fresh oysters per day, or oyster pills. Again for minerals and micros.
Regular consumption of broccoli for more natural suplhur
3 organic eggs per day for micros

Flush out kidney toxins regularly with Cranberry Juice and Tart Cherry Juice mixed with soda water.

You will be kicking up a lot of stored toxins, like heavy metals and plastics. You need everything above to clear those out without causing too many issues.

Clearance–the life of your liver

The situation: The liver is the organ responsible for converting waste into a form that can be excreted from your body. Many people are lacking the nutrients needed by the liver to function properly, including vitamins A, C, E, B and sulphur containing compounds. Without a well-functioning detoxification system, estrogen (and Test and SHBG) isn’t cleared properly from your body. (Remember why this is important? See the part about man boobs above.)

How it is detected: Urinary organic acids and blood testing.

The solution: Supplementation can temporarily support the liver and address nutrient deficiencies while diet modification solidifies the change. Avoiding exposure to environmental toxicity helps.

Consult your physician before attempting this, this is not medical advice and just for entertainment purposes only. When I say you, I mean me, this is my story and what I did. Copy at your own risk.

@youthful55guy Glad you are doing well. So I think for me it’s a liver clearance issue in general. This means metals, plastics, sex hormones, toxic metabolites, histamines etc.

Dealing with metals, by proxy deals with SHBG and test. I outlined a protocol above, but you can also try adding a small amount of cilantro to soup, and taking BioPure (lab grade brand - extrmely important) chlorella 20 mins before. This will wash out some metals from your liver, and give it a mini break to clear some test and SHBG. If this works temporarily, you know it’s a liver, metals, clearance issue. But the epsom salt method is more effective, I use both.

But it doesn’t fix it, once you stop, libido goes down again. Or at least doesn’t fix quickly, my general libido level is higher even when not using, but not like before or when using. So basically pick your poison, injections or waking up every morning to ‘flush’ out everything.

And I also think people have different issues, high SHBG can be caused by many things. So just have to figure it out for yourself as well.

1 Like

Oh boy here come some weird hippie natural medicine rituals and practices.

1 Like