Heavy, Light, Medium: Feedback on Program

Here’s a good thread about DUP on our very own T-nation.

I’ve found a few templates just from google.

Sorry I can’t find any specific recommendations, but it’s really more of a training philosophy than anything.

I can tell you that what you plan for your strength days is extremely aggressive and unsustainable. I think using Prilepin’s table would help a lot there. If you really don’t think it’s enough even at the higher rep ranges of it, work up to something heavy but not max is my recommendation.

But it’s a lot easier to start too light and work up than to start too heavy and try to work back down.

I usually see DUP split up into a 3 week accumulation phase (aka volume) and a 3 week intensification phase (aka heavy).

In the accumulation phase I would do something like 4x6-10 @70% hyp, 8-6x3@60-70% resectively wave for power, and 4x3@85%. If I felt f’ing fantastic, I might go for more reps on the last set. In that phase, I would up total # of reps per week rather than weight.

In the intensity phase something like 3x5@80% hyp, 8-6x2@70-80% power, and start with 8 singles @90%, then 2x2@93-95%, then ramp up 97% for a single then 2x2 around 90% for back off work the last week. For hyp work, I’d make very modest weight jump per week.

Depending on the individual, this will be tailored to the specific ways they respond.