GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

Mane you are a manwhore. First me mum and now this ho…

1 Like

What do you guys think of these tights from 2XU. They are pretty much the same as mine except more black

http://www.2xu.com/au/p/mcs-cross-training-comp-tights/MA4219b.html?dwvar_MA4219b_color=BLK_NRO&lang=en_AU#lang=en_AU&start=1

Can get them for $100 bucks so is pretty much 50% off. Sorry bank account no cost is too high for sexiness

1 Like

Sexy af… give us the link to where to buy them for $100. Don’t hog all the sexiness ffs.

@duketheslaya nvm that belt bullshit time to get sexy

2 Likes

Lol but how sexy would i like with an sbd belt as well :relieved:

2 Likes

Let’s go. All you need is a credit card and a dream

And @guineapig’s link for cheap tights

2 Likes

Looks like ima have to put my gainz to good use and become a stripper. That shits expensive😑

2 Likes

It’s off wiggle.com.au.

1 Like

Brb going to the bank to change out some 1s. Time to make it rain

2 Likes

A little late to the party, but I compete in both strongman and powerlifting. Gotta say I enjoy strongman training/competitions alot more. just sayin, dont mind me, passing through.

1 Like

@painter27 looking at mid July at Burley Strength right now.

1 Like

That is the sexiest gym I’ve seen in awhile!

Not sure if this comment will be too serious for the shenanigans in this log, but I would slow down your dancing pre-pull. All the foot placement adjustment and re-strapping the bar made those pulls look rushed. Just settle down, sit into it, chest up, brace hard, and pull like a mutha-fucka.

Look at me go, pulls sumo for one week, hits a PR, thinks he can be a coach now. I should probably just let myself out.

6 Likes

It’s all good here whether it’s about training, guinea pigs, looking sexy or whatever you fancy.

Yeah I think you’re spot on though with the advice. I’m gonna make excuses that yesterday the competition plates were bouncing around differently to the bumpers I usually use and I forgot how to use straps lol

5 Likes

@joerywesselingg

@duketheslaya this is how the SBD looks on me.

3 Likes

Tbh I’m used to the G but wouldn’t this make a decent profile pic?

3 Likes

Spam Musubi #RoadtoSHW

2 Likes

All fat and carbs makes piggies go up a weight class

3 Likes

11/12/17

Late post because I was tired as fuck after lifting and losing track of time chilling with mates at a nice Argentinian restaurant afterwards

Doherty’s Gym Brunswick today/yesterday with the boys. Have been told this is the best commercial gym in Victoria so am looking forward to all the sexy equipment gains.

According to @strongmangoals there’s some chrome Ivanko plates and a deadlift bar around so may hit a fuck around single or may not.

Let’s gooooooo

Squat
135kg x 4,4,4,4,4,4

Had to wait a bit to start today because there were a couple doing a couples workout (very high box squat) with the Eleiko. The disrespect lol. Not a good start

Nothing special today for squat with no top sets. Just volume work with 135kg. Bar felt heavy out the mono probs fucked surface and rack height. First set felt slow so wasn’t anticipating doing the sets/reps/weights planned.

Form still a bit iffy too and inconsistent but probably got as much out of form checking on the forum as I could already so moving onto improving bench.

Felt heavy enough but surprising got in all the volume as planned with 6 sets of 4 at 135kg without dropping weight or total sets.

The Big Boy

Bench
95kg x 3,3
90kg x 4,6,4

Poverty bench volume today felt bad which was a bit disappointing after hitting rep PRs last session. Not even a volume PR today gg

Am finding super short pausing feels really good and may even be stronger than my bounce and go bench. Maybe I get tighter cos of it I dunno.

Time to do a formcheck on bench and start getting more ideas and applying them before I end up like like the lord of poverty bench @MarkKO

Deadlift
Here’s some motivation to switch to sumo @duketheslaya, @joerywesselingg and @anyonewhodoesntsumo

Sumo Deadlift
180kg x 8 Rep PR
185kg x 4,4

Moving up in weight next session so Not-Exactly-Amrap with 180kg. Sloppy form but just wanted the reps and got them. Looks fucking sick with the chrome plates and camera shake. Instagram worthy if I was into that stuff

Didn’t feel like some more high reps (relatively) sets on 180kg so went for two ez sets with the next working weight 185kg x 4 reps.

Sumo still on the way up so looking forward to more new rep PRs from here on

Conventional Deadlift
160kg x 10 Rep PR

Running out of time so did one set of conventional. True lifetime rep PR right here 160kg x 10 with back rounding out hard. the most weight I did for reps ever before was 160kg x 7 so gains lol. Been a long time coming and now to up the weight next session.

Played around on the deadlift bar a bit and it pretty much feels like a different lift entirely. Sloppiest rep I’ve done in the past few months with a 215 single with soft knees probs.

I can see how with consistent training on the deadlift bar you could end up pulling much more and why Yury Belkin loves it but personally not a fan right now to be honest

Overall great long gruelling sesh with the boys and am happy with the work put in. Feeling like doing a deload soon maybe to get some piggy rest before hopping back on the gain train.

Post workout just a shake to hit protein, a shower and to bed. Am all about that cutting life now you’ll see a shredded piggy in a few months.

Thanks guys for helping me push myself. Gnite or morning or whatever

6 Likes

Hmmm. Those plates sexy as fuck and will try to learn sumo. Pls switch gyms with me man. My gym sucks.

3 Likes

I have many gyms. Any one could be yours for only $10 casual + 1,000,000 shipping and handling each

2 Likes

I think your main issue with bench is technical, although you also need more mass up top to move it. Same as me, only you’re behind in the mass department. Possibly something worth thinking about for your squat too, because it’s looking like your DL is way ahead of your squat.

I’d probably say drop the focus on DL for a few months and work on your squat and bench. Add some mass. TL;DR do what you suck at.

For bench, lock your shoulders in tighter, arch your upper back (those two go hand in hand), make sure your wrists are stacked over your elbows, make sure your forearms are perpendicular to the floor at all times and in all planes, and above all create a buttload of tension from your heels to your traps.

2 Likes