GuineaPig’s Training Log - Hunt 300 Deadlift

16/2/18

Hamstrings are feeling bit better today but still pretty fucked dunno what’s going on exactly. Thanks for the optimistic recovery vibes @duketheslaya @khangles @Pinkylifting @losthog and others.

So mostly upper body today with Bench, Press + Chins. Probably need the upper body work

Squats

Hamstrings feel less sore as soon as I step into the gym lol but unfortunately squats bother the hammies so they’re out but I probably need the time off for my hip anyways

Been too long away from squats now so I’ll have to go through the learning he movement again phase so I may as well try some form tweaks when I get back to squatting.

Program’s pretty much fucked now cos of the niggles so gonna go in and go by feel like an active recovery thing for the next week and a bit.

Mentioned it in the other post but in two weeks am going to move to Bendigo.

Bye bye to Iron Revolution (probably come back every now and then). No more sexy gym but at the cheaper Bendigo gym am going to go 3x per week up from 2x right now.

Benching 3x per week for sure and more time to do accessory work. If I combine this upper body volume with a surplus I might bench two plates *gasp

Pause Bench
90kg x 4,4,4,4,4,4,3,3,3

Benchy bench. Technique is feeling more solid now pauses still a bit iffy at times. Low rep high sets is where the gains are at for my bench I think. I try to make every set vid the best looking set I can for the log so it makes for good technique training

Bit more volume today just trying to get in clean reps.

One thing I notice is I’m unracking with slightly bent elbows. Also unracking feels terrible heavy and slow. Other lift offs I hit the rack so I dunno where my head is meant to go. Maybe I’ll start to get lift offs.

Other tweaks fit the future might be moving my width out a finger or two and having a consistent descent speed, touch point and bar speed. For now I’m still working on getting together all of chest to bar, pausing long enough and leg drive.

Dips these past weeks have been kinda meh (mostly cos I always skipped them lol) but I think I’ll ask for something closer to the comp bench movement like close grip bench thrown in after comp bench.

My comp bench is already close ish grip so dunno if CGB is good or not but if I arch bit less and do it with a lot bigger range of motion is it some good shit? Or would like another exercises be more appropriate like DB Press. I think I’ll keep OHP in so incline is probably out for now.

Sumo Deadlifts
170kg x 2,2

Deloading with sumo deadlift and tried it out and it felt alright on the hamstrings. I guess Conventional stretches the part of hamstring more or something.

The awkward bit was picking up the bar conventional and moving it to the platform had to do like a one leg stiff leg deadlift lol

Deload barefoot sumo anyways cos of all the volume from last session so played around on the deadlift bar and gripping on the smooth like @Vincepac1500 (I don’t likey cos it crushes my thumbs more). Also balance was fucked and I wasn’t confident lowering the bar under any kind of control cos of being barefoot and the hamstring.

Noodle bar / cheat bar seems like fun or at least more cheating on top of sumo. The knurling is pretty scary and the bars thinner so I needed to hook grip a bit different. To restore my IPF approval I’ll go home and look at SBD and Eleiko products all night.

OHP
45kg x 10,10,10,10 Rep PR

Last reps a bit slower and I find myself resting the bar on my chest sometimes. Time to up the weight I guess.

Supaset PullUp
BW x 12,12,12,12,10

5 Likes