Guidance with Program and Pharma

Sunday to Wednesday is pretty much the same
Wake up around 6:00/6:30 - prepare breakfast for my wife and myself
My breakfast is usually 1 teaspoon if black seed with 1 teaspoon of hobey, 1 teaspoon of brown apple cider vinegar, one fistful of meusli, 250 gm of yoghurt mixed with honey, and a fuit or fruit juice. Amino acid, fish oil, biotin, L-Arginine, Tribulus
Leave for office when the wife’s nurse comes in, around 7:30. Reach office by 8:30
8:30 to 16:30/17:00 is never the same…but usually am able to get a protein shake and Amino Acid, Fish oil around 12:00-14:00.
Leave office 17:00 ish…in the gym by 17:30…workout…in the gym for 2 hours or so…have my protein shake…then leave for home…at home by 20:30/21:00…nurse leaves…feed the wife…have my own dinner - boiled chicken balls OR sausages, Protein smoothie with banana and milk…22:30 take the wife for her night walk/exercise - 20 mins…here I take a cup of tea with 1.5 teaspoons of sugar, as my wife loves tonhave this tea sold ina shop nearby our home…home by 23:00/23:30 help my wife to sleep…am asleep by 00:30/01:00. Take my amino acid, calcium, magnesium, zinc suopkement, fish oil before sleeping

Thursday
Morning same as above…but in the gym by 14:00
Workout…protein shake…get home by 18:00 (after maybe hannging out or catxhing up with some friends).
Dinner is usually the same, but on Thursday drink a couple of glasses of fruit juice too. The evening and night are the same…the nurse leaves, I feed and help my wife exercise, and then sleep.

Weekend - Friday…
Get up around 7 am balck seed oil, honey, cider…
Take my wife for a walk…here I drink some extra cups of tea with her…she has hwr breakfast outside the home…I don’t…i either have my usual breakfast or bake some breads of whole grain flour, and have them with omelettes, and some oil cooked potatoes/meat/other stuff…
Lunch…usually don’t take it had thr cooked meal in the morning…
Evening…take wife to my parents and/or her parents…
Saturday …
Sleep in late…wake up around 10/11 am…breakfast similar to Friday…lunch …some days I take it, but usually it comprises of the protein banana smoothie…16:00 my students come and I conduct classes fior about three hours…then the evening is soent with friends or parents house…where I usually eat fruits and the tea with sugar…
On Thurs, Fri and Sat…the amino acids, fish oil, arginine, biotin ,cal/mag/zinc, all supplements are taken as per the schedule of the other days of the week.

This is basically my week, exceot for the occassional out of town tour for office work…there food etc. Nothing follows any routine whatsoever…but this hapoens may be once in six months for about a week or so…

Pick a program that fits my goal…here is where I get confused…because…all the programs that I came across online for getting lean…claimed that they will work…a tried different versions too…but my confusion is how do I know that this program is for me…at least for the next three to six months…

Thanks…will check it out…

Thanks…thank you very much

Man, your diet is like 80% sugar. Your liver hates you so much. I could cut your calories by half without even really trying. Your problem is becoming obvious here and once you fix it you’ll see better results.

1 Like

So, you mean cutting the tea with sugar…okay…anthing else I need to cut or include?

Btw, I forgot to mention one more thing…sorry…I smoke…finish a pack of 20 in 2 to 3 days…

Not just the tea dude. You’ve got a good amount of fruit and shakes, and very little food of actual substance.

1 Like

Taking care of the wife and work…takes up much of my time for food preparation…but will work and change that stuff…just point me to the right direction…

One queation though, isn’t a protein shake…like whey protein and banana whey protein smoothie good stuff?

No, whey is essentially junk. Decent for post workout, but not suitable for meal replacement.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I would highly recommend trying to find an hour on Sunday to do “meal prep” for the week. Cook 6 chicken breasts, a couple pounds of turkey meat, broccoli, and brown rice. It takes less than an hour, and you’ve got meals for the week.

Breakfast… oatmeal (not the crap you add sugar and junk to, just straight oatmeal and water, I add a bit of cinnamon). Add a couple of eggs with a bit of that turkey meat you cooked up on Sunday. My wife likes a little spinach with her eggs, not my favorite.

Lunch and dinner just eat the prepared food you made. Chicken or turkey, brown rice or yams, and a vegetable of your choice.

2 Likes

@aaronca summed it up well. Between the fruit, fruit juice, and protein powder your diet is all kinds of bad.

Add: green vegetables, fish, nuts, tomatoes, avocados, more water, more chicken, and probably cut out the processed stuff. If you cut out the fruit juice then the spoonful of sugar in your tea won’t be an issue.

Okay…preparing food for the week…roger…not in Sunday. Saturday for me…work week here Sunday to Thursday…

Lot on my plate…yeah…wife has been suffering from Pontine cerebral atrophy…Yeah taking care of her takes up some time, but it has proven to be the best part of my week…:slight_smile:

One more question…the food I prepare…I just take the breakfast, lunch and dinner … ? Anythibg in between or NO?

Depends on how many calories you’re getting from those three meals and how many you need for the day. Eat for that number first and everything else will fall into place.

As an aside, it sounds like you’re a good man and a devoted husband. That’s your first and most important role. So if you’re having a hard time keeping the diet perfect don’t worry about it. It takes time. Tend to your wife and do the best you can with the diet. Don’t expect to be able to get it perfect right away. Work towards the goal but don’t get too down on yourself if some days your family comes first.

1 Like

Like Iron said, sounds like you have your priorities in order, and family comes first for sure. Eating better will ultimately help you help your wife better as well.

I wasn’t much of a cook before I met my wife, I’m still not for that matter. But I there’s some super easy ways to make meal prep easy. I use a pressure cooker, I clean / defat / then cut up 12 chicken breasts into small cubes and throw it in the pressure cooker. Add just a splash of water, and whatever seasoning (no sodium), and bam, 15 minutes later it’s cooked. Put it in a glass container in the fridge. Then I use a food scale to measure portions so I stay consistent.

I admittedly have the opposite problem. I have to force myself to eat enough calories to grow. But the dedication and the way to ensure you’re doing it correctly is the same.

$100 pressure cooker and a $30 food scale will go a long way with consistency.

Wish you the best of luck man.

Hey… I’d like to look like this too (in terms of how lean he is, would want bigger shoulders, arms, lats and chest). With my genetics (heavily skewing endomorph) I can’t see me getting that lean unless I seriously put in some effort with regard to very strict dieting.

Honestly I don’t think there’s anyone (aside from super buff dudes) that wouldn’t want to look like this… the dude looks great, athletic and sporty, healthy, vibrant, tall (fuck I wish I was taller than 5’4 and 3/4)

@iron_yuppie And @aaronca…guys thank you very much…food portion measuring gadget is my top priority…

Am searching a workout plan in the T Nation website…

Will surely start working to get all on track…will update you guys…everyone who contributed to the discussion…intermittently…and ask questiobs if have them…hope you guys will be there…

Thus, although there may not be as frequent posts in this thread for the next several days as have been in thr last two, I am keeping this thread open…

Thank you all guys…may you all reach all your goals…in bodybuilding/workout, and in life…

Simon