Geek S**T 8.061

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Damn it…the first post by Nards that made me giggle.

[/quote]

Ghey.[/quote]

I know…8000+ posts of inanity and he picks that one.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Fishdog70 wrote:
“The Hobbit” is now a trilogy:

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/30/13037034-hobbit-movie-adaptation-to-be-a-trilogy?lite

Not sure what to think about this one. The story says they will spend more time explaining what Gandalf was doing when he wasn’t with Bilbo (working with the White Council, fighting the Necromancer, ect.) which could be really cool. However, splitting the story into 3 parts sounds like a cash grab to me. [/quote]

Peter Jackson had already expanded on the book with the addition of a brand new character, Tauriel, played by Evangeline Lilly, and scenes involving Frodo. That was before they decided to make a third:

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/evangeline-lilly-talks-the-hobbit-1

That said, I’m not a fan of making a trilogy for the sake of it. It’s almost as if they think “trilogy” makes a franchise more respectable. [/quote]

I have faith he will do it right, as a guy who loved all of the books and thought they did an outstanding job sticking to the story line for the movies. [/quote]

Yeah. Jackson and his wife are basically Tolkien experts now and there is a lot of Tolkien-penned material to draw from (Forgotten Tales had a lot that could be included). The main thing I’m worried about is over-prequelizing the new movies.

Lucas tried to foreshadow every thing that happened in the OT, and instead of giving the sense of a vast, epic saga, it became this tiny place where everybody knew everyone else. That’s the main pitfall of every prequel, I feel, but he is the prime example of overdoing it.

I’d personally like to see more of the Istari, especially Saruman’s relationship with Gandalf before Saruman was corrupted by the ring, and Radagast, who never appeared in the previous movies.[/quote]

Well it does worry with the Frodo comment. When I read the Hobbit that was one of my nit picking complaints not enough back story, which I had thought would have been introduced in LOTR. So if they can do that in the movies I will be very happy[/quote]

I’ve heard talk of a possible appearance by a young Aragorn as well. [/quote]

Damnit Roy you know as well as I do to work well they need to make this stand alone. You need to talk to someone to get them straight.

If you do not know The Hobbit and LOTR then you have been in a coma.

I thought The Hobbit was still required reading in HS.[/quote]

Assume Peter Jackson’s bosses haven’t read The Hobbit. That’s why Legolas is returning as well.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[/quote]

Ghey.[/quote]

I know…8000+ posts of inanity and he picks that one.[/quote]

I’m sure X guffawed at your Bridge to Terabithia post.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[/quote]

Ghey.[/quote]

I’m sure X guffawed at your Bridge to Terabithia post.[/quote]
What was that one?

I love that movie.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[/quote]

Ghey.[/quote]

What was that one?

I love that movie.
[/quote]

http://www.journeys.com/product.aspx?id=204526&c=1131,990

I’m calling dibs on the Thundercats model, but The Riddler’s is pretty cool too.

^ new lifting shoes Chris

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
^ new lifting shoes Chris[/quote]
Ha, that’s what I’m thinking.

Above are actually my current training shoes, a birthday gift from my gal. :wink: I’ll probably drop a hint for the new pair in a month or so.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]CC wrote:
Casting was announced today of Anthony Mackie as Falcon in Captain America: Winter Soldier.[/quote]

I wonder who’ll be the villain? ;)…talking of villains, Mads Mikkelsen is the as-yet-unnamed main antagonist in the Thor sequel (Mikkelsen will also play Hannibal Lecter in a TV miniseries based around Red Dragon) and Iron Man 3 will have Guy Pearce as geneticist Aldrich Killian and Ben Kingsley, who was recently confirmed to be playing The Mandarin, after all.[/quote]

Mads dropped out of the Thor sequel. That bitch.
[/quote]

Christopher Eccleston has signed on to replace double M. It’s just been revealed that he’ll be playing Malekith the Accursed.

Some Avengers ones would be nice or maybe just Hulk or something.

[quote]Grimlorn wrote:
Some Avengers ones would be nice or maybe just Hulk or something.[/quote]

Bought the t-shirt on thzt. I would expect a Guardians tie-in with Thor 2 and a Black Panther cameo in IM3 or possibly Cap 2 if they follow the creation of the shield.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[/quote]

Ghey.[/quote]

What was that one?

I love that movie.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Professor liked that? I don’t even like it now that I look back at it.
I think he and I are on a different wavelength…humor-wise.

PS: Thanks for linking to it and remembering it. That’s kind.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Grimlorn wrote:
Some Avengers ones would be nice or maybe just Hulk or something.[/quote]

Bought the t-shirt on that. I would expect a Guardians tie-in with Thor 2 and a Black Panther cameo in IM3 or possibly Cap 2 if they follow the creation of the shield. [/quote]

Just realized you were talking about the Chucks, not Thor 2. D’oh!

The Dead

Possibly one of the most realistic zombie movies made so far. [/quote]

I’ve seen this movie, totally boring, horrible B-movie. Seriously, I know that X likes black stuff which is just fine, but he needs to find something better to reccomend.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[/quote]

Ghey.[/quote]

What was that one?

I love that movie.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Professor liked that? I don’t even like it now that I look back at it.
I think he and I are on a different wavelength…humor-wise.

PS: Thanks for linking to it and remembering it. That’s kind.
[/quote]

Usually, I can only remember things through association. As I get older, though, I’m finding that I remember things I either normally wouldn’t or just randomly facts pop into my head… and my door keys are getting more and more neglected as the years go by.

Bryan Singer has confirmed that the X Men: First Class sequel - due to start filming at the end of the year- will be subtitled 'Days of Futures Past’and based on the comic story of the same name.

In safer hands, this could be great, but Fox have serious continuity issues of their own making to contend with.

[quote]lumbernac wrote:

The Dead

I’ve seen this movie, totally boring, horrible B-movie. Seriously, I know that X likes black stuff which is just fine, but he needs to find something better to reccomend.[/quote]

LOL. The main character who lives is white so what are you talking about?

[quote]lumbernac wrote:

The Dead

I’ve seen this movie, totally boring, horrible B-movie. Seriously, I know that X likes black stuff which is just fine, but he needs to find something better to reccomend.[/quote]

What’s wrong with b-movies?

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]lumbernac wrote:

The Dead

What’s wrong with b-movies?[/quote]

B movies in my Opinion have to be either so bad that they are good, or otherwise have something, anything else that brings the viewer in such as offbeat characters or humor. This movie is straight up boring and about 2.5 or 3 hours long. Waste of money.

[quote]lumbernac wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]lumbernac wrote:

The Dead

What’s wrong with b-movies?[/quote]

B movies in my Opinion have to be either so bad that they are good, or otherwise have something, anything else that brings the viewer in such as offbeat characters or humor. This movie is straight up boring and about 2.5 or 3 hours long. Waste of money.[/quote]

So it’s not a b-movie then. What alternatives would you recommend?