Furo's Comeback Log

Week 23: Run

Run
2 miles
Time: 19:21

Bodyweight: 96.0kg

I have brutal quad DOMS today, but the run loosened things up a bit. The last time I ran was on the 7th so it’s been a while! I’ve messed up my diet today, probably around 3500kcal, oops.

1 Like

Week 23: Summary

Bodyweight: 96.1kg

Training: 3 gym, 1 run, 3 bodyweight

Nutrition: Not great

This has been a good week for training: 1 upper body, 1 lower body, 1 full body and a run (as well as all the pistol squats). My nutrition isn’t where it should be, but I’m having fun.

2 Likes

This… for the win. Now that the T-Ransformation is complete you chasing anything in particular (I may have missed it) or you simply trying to make training fun again?

1 Like

Definitely the most important part! My main goal right now is to deadlift 220kg without straps (I’ve done it a few times with them). I’d also like to deadlift 200kg without a belt and 230kg with straps and a belt. My other big goal is to run 10k in under 60min. Physique wise I want to get a little leaner, but I’m not hugely fussed. So I’m looking to make small improvements in all areas really.

2 Likes

Week 24: Lower Body

Deadlifts
165kg: 1 - belt, mixed grip
185kg: 1
200kg: 1
185kg: 1
140kg: 12 - straps on

Front Squats
60kg: 5
80kg: 3
100kg: F, F, F (clean)

Bodyweight: 96.5kg

A good deadlift session today, but I kept failing to clean 100kg for the front squats which was frustrating. This was my 3rd deadlift session in 5 days, so I need to back off a bit.

3 Likes

Week 24: Cycle/Pistols

Cycle
9 miles

Pistol Squats
BW: 25x2
EMOM

I decided to do some pistol squats as yesterday’s lower body session lacked quad work. This was a very significant volume PR, I’m not actually certain I’ve done more than 20 total reps at a time before. These felt very smooth and controlled. Tomorrow I’ll take a rest day.

2 Likes

Week 24: Upper Body

Pull-Ups
BW: 3x8

Dips
BW: 3x8

Dumbbell Curls
14kg: 3x10

Bodyweight: 97.0kg

Majorly couldn’t be assed today, so I just did the minimum, but I got a pretty sweet arm pump. I overate horribly yesterday, so today I’ve only eaten a touch over 2000kcal to make up for it. Not much to report.

1 Like

Week 24: Run

Run
5 miles
Time: 51:42

This was a pretty good run. It was a bit slower than I have been going recently (over 10min/mile) but it is a distance PR for the hilly trail as I’ve never gone over 4 miles. It’s been a while since I did a long run so I imagine I’ll be feeling it in my calves tomorrow!

1 Like

Week 24: Deadlifts

Deadlifts
140kg: 1
160kg: 1 - belt on, mixed grip
180kg: 1
200kg: 1
220kg: 1 - PR

Bodyweight: 95.4kg

Boom! I am unbelievably happy with that - 220kg (485lbs) with just a belt has always been my primary goal, and I’m absolutely delighted to have achieved it. It was less than a year ago that I hit 180kg (397lbs) for the first time - I got that on the first of July. I did this as a quick lunchtime session and didn’t think to film it - I’ll have to do that the next time. It came off the floor fast and slowed right down at lockout, but I ground it out smoothly enough. I have deadlifted 220kg twice before, but both times with straps, which seem to make a pretty big difference for me.

5 Likes

Awesome job my friend!!! So I take it you will be lifting at lunchtime from now on?!?!? Ha!

1 Like

Week 24: Summary

Bodyweight: 96.2kg

Training: great

Nutrition: not so great

This week turned out pretty awesome! The obvious highlight was the 220kg (485lb) deadlift without straps, which is a huge landmark for me. The 5 mile run and the high volume pistol squats were also decent successes.

@jblues85 - Thank you very much! Haha yes only rushed lunchtime sessions from now on!

1 Like

Awesome! OK, so 260 in a year…

3 Likes

Haha that would be nice!

Race ya

2 Likes

Week 25: Upper Body

Bench Press
100kg: 5x3

T-Bar Row
60kg: 5x5

Press
60kg: 3
70kg: 1
80kg: F - belt, wrist wraps on
60kg: 3x3

Machine Row (Plate-Loaded)
120kg: 5x8

Dumbbell Curls
15kg: 3x12

This was a good upper body session. I was a bit conservative with the benching as I haven’t done it in a while. Not sure why I went for a press PR, that was never going to work out lol.

@MaazerSmiit: Haha I think I’d do even worse than in the race to 92kg bodyweight lol.

1 Like

Week 25: Lower Body

Front Squats
100kg: 1
110kg: 1 - PR (243lbs)
105kg: 1
100kg: 1
80kg: 5
All sets belted

Trapbar Deadlifts (Low Handles)
160kg: 3x3
All sets belted

Pistol Squat/Back Extension - Superset
BW: 2x3/50

That’s a pretty significant front squat PR - my previous best was 100kg. The low handles on the trap bar are tough! My lower back has felt a little dodgy since the 220kg deadlift, but it held up well today.

5 Likes

Appreciate you making this readable … :joy:

3 Likes

What’s a lbs?

3 Likes

@Despade: Haha yeah I tend to translate my PRs but I’m never sure it’s a good idea. Sometimes I think if I leave it in kilos people will assume I’m stronger than I am lol.

@MaazerSmiit: Pronounced “lihpbs” (silent p, loud h), it’s an archaic unit of measurement similar to the more modern RPE. 243lbs equates to approximately 9/10 RPE.

3 Likes

Week 25: Run

Run
5 miles
Time: 48:25

Bodyweight: 96.1kg

This was a bit of a weird run today. I was shooting for a sub 60min 10k, but my calves were really giving me bother and I developed a stitch at around 2.5 miles. I walked for about 30 seconds and then finished the run and ended up getting 5 miles the quickest I’ve ever done it, thanks in part to a sprint finish listening to Sultans of Swing. My calves are wrecked just now though, I’m going to have to have an ice bath. A good run overall.

4 Likes