Film Fights

Anton Chigurh vs. Angel Eyes (Lee Van Cleef in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly)

Keyzer Soze vs. Michael Corleone

Jack Torrance vs. Reverend Harry Powell (Night of the Hunter starring Robert Mitchum as Powell)

Mr. Blonde vs. Max Cady

John Doe (7even) vs. Hannibal Lecter

Dirty Harry vs. Frank Bullitt

George in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? vs. Martha in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]MythchBucanan wrote:
Animal Mother (FMJ) vs. Sergeant Barnes (Platoon) [/quote]
The only thing that can kill Barnes, is Barnes. So, yeah.

But the coked up one from 2 and a half men wasted him!

Walt Kowalski vs. Harry Browne

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:

Terminator vs. Predator ?

[/quote]

Terminator, easily.

Predators’ laser wouldn’t do much to a Terminator, and it’s not very adept at setting traps. It is good at eviscerating and inflicting soft tissue damage, so it might get the Terminator down to its endoskeleton, but overall it doesn’t stand a chance.

I don’t even think its self-destruct mode would stop a Terminator. We also don’t know what kind of a heat signature a T-800 would give off.

</complete geek>[/quote]

I’ve got to disagree here. A homeless dude from the future and some untrained chick bested a T-800. The Predator bested most of a top tier mercenary group and fights Aliens for sport. I’m not even sure the T-1000 beats the Predator. If the Predators wrist claw thingy doesn’t melt from the Aliens blood my guess is it would cut a T-800 like butter.

*John McClaine vs. John Smith (Last man standing)
*Judge Dredd vs. Judge Dredd (reboot)
*Thor vs. Jean Grey (Phoenix Force)
*The Rock (Faster) vs. John Cena (The Marine)

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:

[/quote]

Terminator, easily.

Predators’ laser wouldn’t do much to a Terminator, and it’s not very adept at setting traps. It is good at eviscerating and inflicting soft tissue damage, so it might get the Terminator down to its endoskeleton, but overall it doesn’t stand a chance.

I don’t even think its self-destruct mode would stop a Terminator. We also don’t know what kind of a heat signature a T-800 would give off.

</complete geek>[/quote]

I’ve got to disagree here. A homeless dude from the future and some untrained chick bested a T-800. The Predator bested most of a top tier mercenary group and fights Aliens for sport. I’m not even sure the T-1000 beats the Predator. If the Predators wrist claw thingy doesn’t melt from the Aliens blood my guess is it would cut a T-800 like butter. [/quote]

Seconded, although aforementioned “Skynet Survivors” have all done so with guidance from people or re-programmed T-800’s that have a reasonable knowledge of the Terminators and their operational protocol, I would suggest the fundamentals are rather basic and that The Predator, having a race predisposed to technological advancements above ours, should be able to uncover the extent of their programming quickly enough to not be fatally affected before they can come up with a game plan.

As for The Predator’s cloaking system, it is not impossible for the Terminator models to have a processing system that would render the cloak obsolete, but as we cannot know this until combat, I would render this argument futile for now.

I would make the claim that the Terminator’s (at least the T-800, to an increasingly lesser extent with successive models.) basic programming does not leave too much room for improvisation, and is almost fully only focused on the termination task. We can assume that it would thus be rather easy for the Predator to lure The Terminator into a trap, and if we were to assume that the original timelines of either character are existent, and we are not starting completely from scratch, the Predator, with all his analytical resources and predisposition to studying his prey, would take into account how the previous models had been destroyed and adapt to replicate that.

Thus I conclude, that the Predator, given time to escape from confrontation and formulate a plan, should easily be able to formulate a plan of attack, and execute it with some accuracy, dependent on the model he’s facing, before the Terminator can re-appear and take away his breathing space.

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]dirtman wrote:
Luke Skywalker VS Darth Maul (powers allowed cause they both have them) Maul is fav to win IMO.

Riddick vs Mr Christmas[Expendables]

Jason Voorhees vs Micheal Myers

Indiana Jones(in his prime) vs Lara Croft

Thats it for now[/quote]

Luke would own Maul. Luke is equal to the Emperor and the Emperor whooped up on Maul and his brother in the Clone Wars.[/quote]

Luke never fought anyone cept his father. And since there was good in Vader he would not destroy his own kid. All Luke did was manipulate a vergence in the force to destroy a Sith Master. That is not fighting skill.

One on one. Its obvious that Luke would not know what hit him. Luke showed a basic understanding in saber and force techniques in EP 6. Not compared to the skill we seen with Maul.

[quote]dirtman wrote:

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]dirtman wrote:
Luke Skywalker VS Darth Maul (powers allowed cause they both have them) Maul is fav to win IMO.

Thats it for now[/quote]

Luke would own Maul. Luke is equal to the Emperor and the Emperor whooped up on Maul and his brother in the Clone Wars.[/quote]

Luke never fought anyone cept his father. And since there was good in Vader he would not destroy his own kid. All Luke did was manipulate a vergence in the force to destroy a Sith Master. That is not fighting skill.

One on one. Its obvious that Luke would not know what hit him. Luke showed a basic understanding in saber and force techniques in EP 6. Not compared to the skill we seen with Maul.
[/quote]

I don’t know. Luke is tested more so in the books that follow ep. 6. He was trained by Yoda after all and he is likely as powerful as pre-Vader Anakin (sp?). Episode 5 Luke loses, but post ep. 6 Luke wins I think.

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:

[/quote]

Terminator, easily.

</complete geek>[/quote]

I’ve got to disagree here. A homeless dude from the future and some untrained chick bested a T-800. The Predator bested most of a top tier mercenary group and fights Aliens for sport. I’m not even sure the T-1000 beats the Predator. If the Predators wrist claw thingy doesn’t melt from the Aliens blood my guess is it would cut a T-800 like butter. [/quote]

Seconded, although aforementioned “Skynet Survivors” have all done so with guidance from people or re-programmed T-800’s that have a reasonable knowledge of the Terminators and their operational protocol, I would suggest the fundamentals are rather basic and that The Predator, having a race predisposed to technological advancements above ours, should be able to uncover the extent of their programming quickly enough to not be fatally affected before they can come up with a game plan.

As for The Predator’s cloaking system, it is not impossible for the Terminator models to have a processing system that would render the cloak obsolete, but as we cannot know this until combat, I would render this argument futile for now.

I would make the claim that the Terminator’s (at least the T-800, to an increasingly lesser extent with successive models.) basic programming does not leave too much room for improvisation, and is almost fully only focused on the termination task. We can assume that it would thus be rather easy for the Predator to lure The Terminator into a trap, and if we were to assume that the original timelines of either character are existent, and we are not starting completely from scratch, the Predator, with all his analytical resources and predisposition to studying his prey, would take into account how the previous models had been destroyed and adapt to replicate that.

Thus I conclude, that the Predator, given time to escape from confrontation and formulate a plan, should easily be able to formulate a plan of attack, and execute it with some accuracy, dependent on the model he’s facing, before the Terminator can re-appear and take away his breathing space.[/quote]

Ya, I think the terminators have a distinct advantage over humans because of their vast knowledge of our race. They wouldn’t have that advantage over the Predator. They may not even recognize a cloaked Predator. If the Predator is anything like the video games he would likely have a vision mode specifically for robots/androids/etc…

Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) vs Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives)

Winner: everyone that is watching

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
Interested to hear people’s thoughts on TV/movie characters fights against one another.

UFC rules and they can have one weapon they are synonymous with. No super powers allowed.

For example Dalton from Roadhouse with a broken pool cue versus Maximus from Gladiator with a sword.

I could see Maximus getting gassed quite easily and having his throat ripped out in round 2.

[/quote]

This is GENIUS!

Nobody beats Maximus though. Nobody.

The Bride (kill bill) Vs. Michonne
Taskmaster Vs. Batman
Dr. Brown (back to the future) Vs. Dr. who
Vincent Vega Vs. Seth Gecko
Daryl Dixon Vs. John Rambo

Ben Kingsley’s Gandhi Vs. Morgan Freeman’s Nelson Mandela.

[quote]dirtman wrote:

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]dirtman wrote:

Thats it for now[/quote]

[/quote]
He’s far more experienced and proficient in the books that follow, however, we are discussing movie characters, therefore the books are invalid in any relevant argument.

Roger Waters vs David Gilmour. ( I know its not film related, but just had to put this up )

[quote]florelius wrote:
Dexter Morgan/Moser vs Hannibal Lector.

[/quote]

This. I would pay to see this go down.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
Interested to hear people’s thoughts on TV/movie characters fights against one another.

UFC rules and they can have one weapon they are synonymous with. No super powers allowed.

For example Dalton from Roadhouse with a broken pool cue versus Maximus from Gladiator with a sword.

I could see Maximus getting gassed quite easily and having his throat ripped out in round 2.

[/quote]

This is GENIUS!

Nobody beats Maximus though. Nobody. [/quote]

No, there is no Maximus.

There is Maximus Decimus Meridius (Sir!), Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And he will have his vengeance, in this life or the next…

Matthew McConaughey’s character in Dazed And Confused Vs. Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times.

Jerry Renault vs. Jerry Mitchell.