Dog Lovers - Supps?

try subbing the regular fish oil for krill oil(2g max), its expensive but fekin awesome

sucks about your girl. welcome to the wonderful world of veterinary medicince…and the bills.

I’m a vet tech myself and don’t work general practice, but do emergency and icu stuff for pets. for heart worm its WORTH IT. depending on where you live --the south heartworm is rampant, places like Denver not so much–its just so much easier to do it and get it over with. It snot that expensive really for the peace of mind.

You can get some meds that cover heartworm, tapeworms, fleas and ticks too which would help prevent the contraction of lyme disease. but if she has it already then that could be part of her pain issues.

that and being an old big dog. it looks like you already went and got her checked out so that’s good. I would have assumed they would put her on an NSAID for the pain if you hadn’t have had all the other results come back. Rimadyl or maybe Tramadol for flare ups.

S for the eggs–BE CAREFUL. Dogs can certainly have eggs, yolk and all but not too much. Often people think they can just eat anything and its not the case. Pancreatitis is life threatening in cases and extremely painful. it can happen when dogs get into too much fatty stuff or just table scraps etc. limit the eggs, the trimmings, the fat from stuff…its hard to not want to give them crap but its best to stick to plain ol dog food. unless you don’t mind the flare up of diarrhea that can happen.

For the siberian husky guy–first off all i can say is props to you for taking on a freakin husky. Make sure you give him or her LOTS of exercise because they are very athelic and energized dogs. I’d recommend just getting him on a good quality food, you can certainly supplement but if you just get a decent food he should be fine. fish oil i’d go with a capsule a feeding.

for food brands and depending on who you ask that could be a variety of brands. You can get good food from Costco–costco brand, Iams, whatever. Just like with humans everyone will have a favorite but I DON’T DO OLD ROY. I myself would avoid pedigree, kibbles and bits type kitchy stuff, but really I’ve known dogs who’ve eaten ol roy an entire lifetime and been totally healthy their entire lives. just be mindful of how your pup responds.

make sure you socialize the crap out of him or her too–they are a very social breed. very into being with their pack more so then other breeds i have found and very dramatic when they are separated.

absolutely absolutely get ALL of the vaccines need as a puppy. You can decide if you want a lepto or lyme vaccine but as for the regular parvo distemper etc ones just get them. they are like ten bucks and completely priceless.

AND THANK GOD someone knows about preventative gastropexys. if you have a big chested dog just get it done when you get them neutered or spayed. AND get them spayed or neutered, its so much better on the dog and the owner and the world.