DJ: Prime Time Thursday

I covered this last week, but I am a little contrarian on fat loss programs…I think you should do “less” than usual, not more. I learned this from Arthur DeVany years ago and it makes sense. The 8-6-4 twice a week would be…well, watch modesty here…perfect. One other day a week, do a loaded walk…Heavy Hands, or with a backpack for a fairly long stroll. Get in a game of some kind, flag football, hoops, soccer, tag is great, whatever, one other day and then be sure to walk some/a little/a bit each day.

I tell people to focus on weaknesses during a fat loss push and practically ignore everything else. Let the body try to figure out what you are doing…trick it into dropping a little fat. I have a buddy who works for a major drug company and he told me that true fat loss pills might never happen because just when you artificially stop one thing, the body immediately figures it out and supercompensates something else.

Another deVanyism: don’t get fat in the first place.

Thanks Dan, I’ll let you know how it goes, won’t be trying this until about Sep-Oct (Aussie springtime).

[quote]Danny John wrote:

Another deVanyism: don’t get fat in the first place. [/quote]

If only more people would follow this advice…

Maybe just try to do squat OR deadlift, snatch OR pullups and switch it around next time you give it a go. You need to do maybe one/two big moves and three “little” ones, if you get the point.

[quote]deshawn wrote:
Hello:

I am doing Pavel’s 5x5x5 program
and I am doing snatch, squats, deadlifts,incline bench and weighted pullups. Is this too much? Thanks[/quote]

Sic, I am always here for you. In a kilt. Dancing on a bar.

[quote]Danny John wrote:
shorinryu wrote:
About “specificity works, but at a price” ask a marathon runner to help you move a couch up a flight of stairs.

Well said, I just added this to my favorite quotes!

I am known as a wise man. Or a wise ass…

[/quote]

I’ve often found that they are one and the same. Just gotta catch them at the right time.