Dchris's Grappling with Age

Saturday
KB Swings
20x40lb
20x60lb
2x30x80lb

30 pushups in between sets.

Will try to hit legs tonight. I have to move my sister and her husband today, then work later tonight. Can’t think of a worse way to spend a Saturday.

This last week was in an Airbnb, but brought the 60lber along and swung it every morning and night.

Sunday Morning

100 KB Swings with 60lb

Sunday Afternoon
41x80lb KB

I’ve been trying to work up to 50 reps with the 80lber. I hit the 41st rep and my back tweak a bit. I definitely had 50 in me, but figured I’d rather lift tomorrow then have another back issue. I’d like to work up to 5x50 with the 80lb before I buy a 100lber.

Back to traveling tomorrow, will be back on Thursday.

1 Like

Not sure what’s going on with my back, my left hip is constantly in pain. Continuing to do the three yoga poses, stretch and just started ab rollouts. I suspect my abs are week and my hips are tight. My diet has been good this past week.

In other news, next week I’ll have enough to buy my plane tickets to Thailand. So… I gotta get my shit together so I’m looking good at the beach.

2 Likes

Foam rolling has worked wonders for my hips, you trying that?

1 Like

Chiropractor worked wonders for me. Good luck with the hip.

1 Like

Yea, I foam roll everyday. It might be because of how I sit in my truck. I’ve been driving 20 hours a week, with my chair angled so my legs tilt up and my back reclined a bit. Think it might be putting my hips in an odd angle. I’ve tilted the seat forward with the back more upright. Also working on core strength and stretching constantly

I’ve spent so much time in a chiro chair. That’s my last resort, but it’s not painful to conduct daily life. Just super tight and prevents me from squatting.

I’m gonna try a light leg day today.

1 Like

Sunday

45 minute walk

Lunges
BW 100/leg

Pushups

Ab rollouts

Hips are doing better, trying not to add load to my spine… yet still get work done.

1 Like

Tuesday
Bunch of KB Rows, pull-ups and lat raises.

Back doesn’t hurt as much. Tho, it hurt when I was rowing. Continuing to try and stretch, yoga and ab exercises.

1 Like

So… I will be buying plane tickets to Thailand this week. With that in mind, I need to get my semi-chunky ass in shape and stick to it. I’ll be gone in mid January, which means I have 3 months to get abs. If I don’t log my food every day, you all need to ban me from this site.

@robstein do you still take clients?

2 Likes

Did ya read that?! @Chris_Colucci

2 Likes

@dchris thanks for the tag brother! Yes indeed, please feel free to send me an email anytime to talk details. My username at Verizon dot net.

1 Like

I shot you an email.

Cheeky bastard. I have wanted to change my username.

Today’s food
Breakfast -Protein bar
Lunch - breakfast burrito (only had 1!!) I normally have two or add some other deliciousness.
Snack - protein bar
Dinner - two chicken strips and half a corn dog from a grocery store.

I worked all day today, then drove two hours for a board meeting, then drove two more hours to my AirBnB. Have meetings all day tomorrow and will get home around midnight. Gotta love two 16 hour days in a row.

1 Like

Best way to keep accountable :rofl:

1 Like

Today’s food
Blueberry Costco muffin. Courtesy of my AirBnB.

Mod pizza

Panda Express - Rice, Orange chicken and String bean chicken.

Drove 7 hours today, work 8. Long freaking week already.

1 Like

Today’s food
Breakfast - skipped
Lunch - 1/2lb of brussel spouts and two chicken thighs
Dinner - Shrimp and lobster ravioli

Workout
Pullups and Pushups
25/100

1 Like

Just booked flights… 89 days until Thailand. Got some work to do.

1 Like

Less

and more

:joy:

Are you going to track cals or just eye it?

1 Like

I got myself a coach. I start the plan mid next week. Currently making cabbage and bacon for lunch. Trying very hard not to do a last hoorah with my friends Ben and Jerry.

2 Likes

you’ll have so much fun, man.

1 Like