CT: I Love You & Your Fatbar Support

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
I like to use the Fat grip on the early (lighter) sets of a pulling or curling exercise (I always gradually build up to my max weight) then switch to a regular grip for the heavy sets. There is a neurological phenomenon happening which makes you stronger once you switch to a regular bar.[/quote]

That’s exactly how I have added 15lbs to my max curl in the last 6 weeks[/quote]

Monster biceps :)[/quote]

Ha :slight_smile:

I deserve that. Should have mentioned that it got me from 160lbs to 175lbs strict and my arms went from 18 1/4 to a little over 18 1/2. Nothing spectacular but with my long arms and short biceps this exercise sucks for me so to be able to do 175 was a good feeling.

I have since used them also for hammer curls and reverse curls as well as military presses and have been very satisfied with the result.

I’m a poor student, haven’t got money for a fat bar or fat gripz, but I can use towels. With a pair of them, I can make the bars diameter to be around 4 cm-s. Not as thick as a fat bar, but when I’m close-grip benching, they’re real wrist-savers.

Not to mention that hammer curls with thick-handle dumbbells is the best thing what happened to my forearms-biceps in the last 2 years :wink:

Generally use 'em on arm day for all my curling movements, excluding reverse curls.