Critique please!

[quote]-sie- wrote:
Stormthebeach,

I just read your post over here:

“…Once your feet turn out past about 10 degrees, your arch collapses. This makes the posterior tibialis stretch to almost max tension. The post tib attaches to the knee. Once it it stretched, it completely inhibits external rotation in your hips (which is what a good squat is) …”

I am currently waiting on an appointment (Sept) for a podiatrist as I have found out I have flat feet and as such little to no arch. Do you have any tips how to remedy this? Anything that may help?

I have been working on form already, spending an hour and half squatting last night, think I have found some things but wondered if you know anything biomechanical wise?

Thanks[/quote]

First off, yes, wall squats are awesome.

Second off, I am definitely not a doctor, I am just kind of a nerd when it comes to human movement and lifting heavy things. With that being said, do whatever your doctore tells you. If I were you though, I would be rolling my arches on a LAX ball pretty much every spare second you have every day. Since your posterior tibialis is pretty much what creates your arch, I would be hammering that as well. It’s kinda tough to get to. You have sit with your leg crossed in front of you and jam a lax ball into your lower leg, right were the medial part of your tibialis ends. Just move the ball up and down (not actually on the bone but right behind it) making circles with your foot and spending extra time on painful places… which you will probably have a lot of.