Coolnatedawg's TRT Log

Yea, I’ve thought about just using a quick bout of antibiotics to clear things out. When I eat the soured milk products, I find that my stomach gets crazy active rumbling and such. I am not sure what that means really hahaha. I’ll look at that probiotic compared to PB8 that I am trying now.

I’m going to bump up the iodine again and make sure to include salt loading to help through the detox. I’ve read too much good stuff and also read about guys crashing hard who didn’t help themselves with the salt to clear. I figure, I feel so bad right now anyway (energy, profuse sweating with a fan blowing on me, headaches, etc) that, shy of dying, there really is no reason for me not to try. A lot of the supps recommended to take alongside iodine are synonomous with the ones for AF, so maybe I can help both systems out simultaneously.

Currently on:
my TRT protocol outlined earlier
12,000iu vit D3 (liquid drops)
multi
b100 complex
sublingual B-12 2500mcg
Selenium 200mcg
Vit C 4000mg-6000mg
TMG 500mg BID
grape bitters

I had most of this stuff on hand anyway from a long time ago. I’ll add the iodine back in. The only other supps I may need are magnesium to help with some of the heart palpitation feelings and maybe an adaptogen dependent upon how I do.

CoolNateDawg → “Iodorol” (eye-oh-dor-ol) is magic.

Sup Steely- you are using iodine as well? I’ll take a look at Iodoral. I’ve been using cheaper versions as money got tight there for a little bit and I really didn’t seem to have a problem with them.

What benefits did you get from iodine?

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
Sup Steely- you are using iodine as well? I’ll take a look at Iodoral. I’ve been using cheaper versions as money got tight there for a little bit and I really didn’t seem to have a problem with them.

What benefits did you get from iodine?[/quote]

Increased energy, better thyroid numbers, and almost 100 point T jump (IIRC).

I don’t know if it was just coincidence, but for years I never put salt on anything (I still don’t use much salt). I didn’t necessarily avoid salty food, but I never added any, either. I just happens that after doing a blood panel there was an obvious deficiency.

Collecting ASI salivary cortisol today.

I’ve noticed in the mornings I am still kind of out of it but I end up picking up a lot of steam later in the day. By bed time last night I was actually pretty wide awake which is abnormal for me. I fall asleep fast but unfortunately I have been waking up in the middle of the night and struggling to fall back asleep. This has all started in the last 3-4 days. Other than that, the salt seems to be helping any other issues I may be having although right now I’m not feeling so hot (dizzy spell, headache).

Anyone see anything standing out that would lead to all this insomnia? I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night routinely and struggling to get back to sleep. Is this adrenal stuff? Am I getting worse or getting better and just going through a stage? Last night was the worst and I’m struggling today because of it.

I’ve also caught a cold that is tacked on so I feel like a bag of ass.

EDIT- seems to be yet another symptom of adrenals not being able to handle increased thyroid output. grrrr. very frustrating. I am giong to try to bump up some of the cofactor supplements to see if that helps (selenium needs to be upped and I just started Mg). If I don’t see some improvement in a few days time I will cut back down to 25mg iodine and possibly off again until the adrenals get squared away.

Taken 5/23, results 6/3:
Coritsol/DHEA-s results
DHEA-S 11.9ng/mL (2-23)
Cortisol AM 6.4ng/mL (3.7-9.5)
Cortisol Noon 1.9ng/mL (1.2-3.0)
Cortisol Evening 1.1ng/mL (.6-1.9)
Cortisol Night .4 ng/mL (.4-1.0)

Thoughts? I’ve read a few things regarding AM cortisol should be tip-top of range and night time should be very bottom. I’ve got the night time down and I’m trending correctly but my AM cortisol is off. That was a bad sleep the night before (battling the insomnia I mentioned above) the test. My aldosterone was low last time it was checked so I’m wondering what to do here. Do I try a glandular? Add in some adaptogenics? I could try to throw something like licorice root in 1st thing in the AM or even Enzymatic Therapy Adrenergize? I also read on STTM about using T3 in their circadian method will benefit both aldosterone and cortisol (T3CM if you google it). I have some cytomel laying around- is it worth a try? What’s the negative if I run out and can’t resupply.

I do believe based on how I felt for those few short euphoric days that there is something here- just need to figure out how to fix! I eat salt like it’s going out of style to counteract the salt wasting but I’d rahter fix the issue than band-aid.

Anyone?

bromine clearance at play with IR?

I do not really know what to do with the saliva results. Your interpretation seems reasonable.

rT3 might be at play as part of weak adrenal function.

I should have clarified that for the most part the insomnia is better now that I bumped selenium to 400mcg and magnesium citrate to 400mg. I’m going to hold at 50mg iodine for now. I woke up a few times throughout the night last night but I’m hoping it was just a fluke.

My plan based on my saliva results is to try and boost the AM cortisol up while not really screwing around with the tail end. I’m going to start with licorice root and then if that doesn’t begin to work while not changing anything else I’ll either target the T3CM method I mentioned or a adrenal cortical extract supplement.

I started with licorice root as of this morning. 450mg 1st thing upon waking. I’ll try this for 1 week and then bump it up to 900mg and evaluate.

Last night was difficult to fall asleep so I’m hoping that wasn’t the licorice root tackling the tail end of my day. I didn’t have much energy this AM for the gym but I seem to be doing pretty good right now. I don’t know if that is an indication that I need to change the time I take my licorice root or what but I’ll play it out for now.

Again, I seem to get a bunch of energy at night. It sucks that I literally just got my cortisol levels checked b/c now they seem out of whack at the tail end again! Mornings are still sluggish but I do feel like I’m getting a little bit of improvement.

I’m considering either treating the licorice root like I would the T3CM protocol and waking up 2hrs early to take it OR just taking it right before bed so hopefully it will help in the AM and not distort the evening. Thoughts? The only complication with right before bed is that is when I ingest lots of pills- selenium, Mg, C, KI…