Cooked Rice?

Drago and MusclRob are right on. We ARE doing something about terrorists AND the liberals do want it both ways! bunch of loosers…it must SUCK to be a liberal these days.

I do think that something could be done to limit both US military and Iraqi civilian casualties. I’ve often thought that the men sent in there aren’t the ones that should be. There should be an entirely different MOS for peacekeepers. I’m not quite sure about soldiers, but I know that Marine grunts are trained to wage war, not to keep the peace. We do not receive training on how to do that and our mindset is entirely different from that of a peacekeeper.

I think with specifically trained peacekeepers you would have men more apt to handle the local populace. The bulk of the men there SHOULD be peacekeepers, with a smaller react force in place in case things get really violent or any offensive operations are necessary.

mikeyali

Right side up: why do people join the military to protect the their country so if they a have to die across sea in order for them to protect us well hate to say it they knew what they signed up for.

I at one point when I was young wanted to join the military also. But, they wouldn’t take me I had a heart condition. So, I failed MEPS.

the daily show last night ripped her a new asshole.

“i was not aware of terrorists trying to strike inside of the united states”

do you remember the name of the report?

“yes i believe it was called bin laden trying to strike within the united states”

haaa

Rice is more anabolic if taken raw.

Lumpy,

Why the hell would that even matter? You think that the president and his staff don’t care about the security of this nation? Is that what you’re getting at? Then please Lumpy, explain to me as if I’m a gooey eyed eight year old why the administration reacted the way they did immediately after 9/11? For votes? You have to be kidding me dude. The Administration reacted how any good, responsible person would have reacted when shit got out of hand and things got fucked up… They sought out the problem, devised a solution and executed the remedy, just like we all would if we were accountable for making things right.

The spinning that the liberals are doing these last few weeks is driving me insane!

“Oh he didn’t go to DC when he got the August 6th report, he doesn’t care about us!!!”

The guy was probably told to fucking stay there for his own safety. Because he’s in Texas doesn’t mean he’s chilling out with some col’beer and BBQ, the whole administration is still just as busy, nothing goes on “pause” because the CIC is at the Ranch. We all know this by now don’t we?

Lumpy I’m still scratching my head as to what you’re trying to imply, the thing that sucks the worst is that you won’t ever be able to provide a clear answer either…

B.

Fitone, your first sentence doesn’t make any sense to me.

“Right side up: why do people join the military to protect the their country so if they a have to die across sea in order for them to protect us well hate to say it they knew what they signed up for.”

–>Punctuation helps. But, imagining where periods and commas are supposed to be, your point is taken - and I’m shocked you’d say something like that in defense of your previous statement.
…People also sign up in the military for increased opportunities, for a career, money for school, benefits, etc. (you know, all the things the commercials talk about).

“Then please Lumpy, explain to me as if I’m a gooey eyed eight year old why the administration reacted the way they did immediately after 9/11?”

–>'Cause GWB is a gooey eyed eight year old!

“Lumpy I’m still scratching my head as to what you’re trying to imply, the thing that sucks the worst is that you won’t ever be able to provide a clear answer either…”

–>His post is completely clear and concise. Should a President of the most powerful country in the world vacation as much as GWB does? Especially in the beginning of his term? What’s not to get?

Just saw the Daily Show…classic!

“If any more were needed to discredit Richard Clarke’s partisan attacks, consider this from the Washington Times”

BB, I’m surprised seemingly buy so strongly into the WH attempts to personally attack and discredit Clarke. You don’t think he raises any important questions about our current Administration’s handling of terrorism before and after 9/11?

RSU,

Please lay off with the “handling of terrorism before and after 9/11”.

You would have shit your pants and screamed bloody murder if Bush started preemptive attacks against Al Qiada 2 months into office. So STOP saying that there is question.

How many terrorist attacks happened under Clinton to which he did NOTHING about. How about the act of WAR against us to which he did nothing about? You remember the USS Cole?

Face it, Bush is the only president to actually do anything about terrorists.

Please tell me what Bush should be doing to handle this better. If you can’t, stop saying crap about it.

RSU–Yeah, a lot of people DO sign up for all those other things like college. But going into the military isn’t a free ticket to just reap a bunch of benefits. If you’re going to the military to go to college, but you aren’t willing to uphold the other part of the deal, (i.e. rolling the dice over going to fight a war) then you’re nothing but a leech trying to get a free ride through school. Where is the honor in that?

mikeyali

Mikey, I understand and agree. I never meant to imply that those were the only reasons people join the military. I mentioned those things in response to what another said about why folks sign up…to fight for your country just ISN’T the only reason.

"RSU,

Please lay off with the “handling of terrorism before and after 9/11”."

–>Why?

“You would have shit your pants and screamed bloody murder if Bush started preemptive attacks against Al Qiada 2 months into office. So STOP saying that there is question.”

–>Maybe. But it probably wouldn’t have been handled publicly and on the glamour and glitz scale that the “War on Terror,” Operation Action Movie, was on.

“How many terrorist attacks happened under Clinton to which he did NOTHING about. How about the act of WAR against us to which he did nothing about? You remember the USS Cole?”

–>I believe someone just posted something about this. They said Clinton sent investigators over to, well, investigate, only to be brought back by GeeDub upon becoming the head honcho. Look it up, maybe there’s something to it.

“Face it, Bush is the only president to actually do anything about terrorists.”

–>Nope, can’t face it. There’s a long US history before GWB. All presidents would have responded somehow to 9/11. Bush is a revolutionary…ass(him, not you).

“Please tell me what Bush should be doing to handle this better. If you can’t, stop saying crap about it.”

–>No, I don’t have to develop these ideas. It isn’t my job. And I would never approach a task such as that on the Tmag forums. And no, I won’t “stop saying crap about it” because I CAN SAY WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE! And fortunate for you and those like you, it’s not loaded with the crap of things you have to say, such as “Please tell me what Bush should be doing to handle this better. If you can’t, stop saying crap about it.”

–>Maybe. But it probably wouldn’t have been handled publicly and on the glamour and glitz scale that the “War on Terror,” Operation Action Movie, was on.

???

Ahem. You would NOT have wanted Bush to preemptively attack Al Qiade (s??). So don’t complain that he didn’t.

–>I believe someone just posted something about this. They said Clinton sent investigators over to, well, investigate, only to be brought back by GeeDub upon becoming the head honcho. Look it up, maybe there’s something to it.

You think dealing with terrorists is some sort of legal matter? The terrorists will laugh at law enforcement agencies…they won’t laugh at smart bombs being dropped on their asses.

–>Nope, can’t face it. There’s a long US history before GWB. All presidents would have responded somehow to 9/11. Bush is a revolutionary…ass(him, not you).

Again, Clinton didn’t even respond to an act of WAR. Bush is the only one to actually do something substantial against the terrorists.

So you’re bitching about it being done wrong, yet you won’t say what’s wrong and offer the better option? Perhaps you just don’t know and hate Bush?

Sure, you can say whatever you want, but it’s annoying as hell when you just whine about things and won’t offer better solutions. You sound like an old house wife. An off-base old house wife.

RSU,

Why wasn’t Clarke sqwaking about these transgressions sooner? Why is all this coming out right now?

Because he is trying to tarnish the current administration right before the election.

That’s what this is all about. Strategic placement on a timeline to light a fire in the American Consciousness, to get the Parents of Troops (who demographically are blue collar, my parents included)to start wondering in the right guy is in charge of this war on terror and if the war on terror is still worth persuing. It’s absolutely obscene, I’m so turned off by this tactic, it’s low browed dirty pool. Meanwhile, the fighting abroad escalates and we only get snippets of whats really going on because the “liberal media” is attempting to sell the Bush Administration Defamation story to Jack and Jill Blue Collar. The heroism of our Military doesn’t sell papers I guess, but mudslinging certainly does. This war is necessary, speak your mind all you wish but this has to be done. RSU you’re in FL yeah? Tell me you weren’t experienceing some sort of pucker-factor when the Anthrax hit Palm Beach in Oct '01. Now imagine if Gore was the guy driving the bus. Do you sincerely think you would have had more confidence in his administration to handle your interstate domestic issue?

The only thing Bush did that Gore wouldn’t have done was let the bulls out of the gate immediately, I’m afraid that Gore would have stammered and halfstepped through that important period of time not allowing the proper people to do thier jobs, including the CDC and FDA.

It’s terrific that everyone can speak thier mind. But it’s frustrating to those of us who have to deal with the mudslinging spinning of the wheels while we try to offer solutions and protect our way of life rather than just flap our gums simply “because we can…”

B.

Mr. Buffpants – It is your kind I cannot compete with. It is your intelligence, or lack thereof, that I cannot comprehend. Sorry. I guess I digress. Fair well, Buffy.

"Because he is trying to tarnish the current administration right before the election. "

–>Maybe, but so? He is also trying to sell a book, so? His central case, I think, should not be ignored.

"Strategic placement on a timeline to light a fire in the American Consciousness, to get the Parents of Troops (who demographically are blue collar, my parents included)to start wondering in the right guy is in charge of this war on terror and if the war on terror is still worth persuing. "

–>Right. I forgot, blind acceptance is the ony patriotic act. Those who question our admins intentions or actions are rotten and dirty.

"RSU you’re in FL yeah? Tell me you weren’t experienceing some sort of pucker-factor when the Anthrax hit Palm Beach in Oct '01. Now imagine if Gore was the guy driving the bus. Do you sincerely think you would have had more confidence in his administration to handle your interstate domestic issue? "

–>Are you asking me if I felt safer having Bush in office than Gore regarding the Anthrax attacks? Silly question, I think. What does GWB have to do with the anthrax attacks? I can’t understand these ideas–what are you aiming at? I opened my mail just like every other day.

"But it’s frustrating to those of us who have to deal with the mudslinging spinning of the wheels while we try to offer solutions and protect our way of life rather than just flap our gums simply “because we can…” "

–>It’s true. Only republicans have the “No Spin Zone”…and I, my friends, am a master spin artist!

Which solutions have YOU offered about anything? According to you, there is no problem with the way things are going and the way things have went, so what solutions would you even need to propose?

I can’t take this! Where is BS, BB, even Moisture, and EVEN Zeb? Well maybe not Zeb! kidding bud…I should just run away…

–>Right. I forgot, blind acceptance is the ony patriotic act. Those who question our admins intentions or actions are rotten and dirty.

You think one of the most successful wars in history requires people like you, that don’t have a clue how to do things or offer a better solution, to question the war, the president, and his intentions during a time of battle?

I have news for you. That IS unpatriotic.

What happened to all the estimates of 50,000 lives lost, all the cries about how the “Arab street will erupt” in protest, there will be mass exodus from Iraq and a potential of 2 million emmigrants.

What happened to that? Would you care to tell us? Or perhaps those people “mislead” America, or tries to stop a war based on “false pretenses.”

I have news for you. In one year, we have captured Sadam, liberated a country, put together a constitution (with different religions agreeing on it), businesses are thriving, schools are open, water and power are available, and people are emmigrating TO Iraq, not from. The majority of Iraqis are GLAD we’re there, and over 70% of them think their lives will be better than they are now in one year.

For you to call into question during a time of battle one of the most successful wars in history IS unpatriotic, especially when you offer no solutions as an alternative.

The only people that don’t want us there are the people that were in power under Sadam and the radical Islamics - Who do you align yourself with?

It doesn’t matter what could of happened it doesn’t matter how it could have happened. NOthign but what happened matters. Al Quaeda is at fault because they are the ones who commited the hateful act. Bush or Clinton administration were in the same mindset as you and I, or any liberal and conservative were before 9/11 nothing like that would ever happen inside the U.S. Quit pointing fingers for once and blaming liberals or conservatives quit playing the blame game. Remember it was the United States that got hit I emphize the word “United” thats a new idea try to be United in the face of a challenge for the country as whole any quit playing the partisan blame game full of political slander and spin and maybe we might be able to solve a problem.