Cannabis and Cardio, Health.

[quote]SeanT wrote:

*You’re crazy. Please post studies that show weed effects endocrine levels? You know all those studies that say weed lowers test? They don’t exist…
[/quote]

They do exist. I suppose you could find a study that says it doesn’t lower test. Either way if a conclusion hasn’t been reached, and you can use something besides marijuana, why risk it? There are studies showing that soy isn’t harmful. I doubt anyone on this site eats it.

I’m sure Joe Rogan smokes weed, but he isn’t a competing fighter. GSP probably smokes weed sometimes too, but not once or twice a week while training for his next fight.

[quote]SeanT wrote:
Then you tell him to take benzo’s, which withdrawals are WORSE than Heroin. And long acting benzo’s? Those will make the withdrawals even worse and he will have 0 energy throughout the day.
[/quote]

LoL this is just funny. You’ve obviously never been on benzos or known someone who was on them. Do you have any idea how many millions of people are on them? Recreational users MIGHT have a hard time withdrawing. I took benzos for a year straight at medicinal doses and quit in a 2 week taper with no symptoms. Also, long acting benzos are easier to withdraw from. Valium, the benzo with the longest half life is commonly prescribed to withdrawal from xanax, ativan. I don’t know anyone who has fucked up their life with benzos. I know a lot of people who have with weed.

Anyways, no more arguing about physiological effects of drugs. My final advice to the OP is to study each treatment option as much as possible evaluating the pros & cons, ask his question in other forums (mindandmuscle would be good), and try to find a permanent solution that will require no medication - even if that solution requires medication in the short term.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
SeanT wrote:

*You’re crazy. Please post studies that show weed effects endocrine levels? You know all those studies that say weed lowers test? They don’t exist…

They do exist. I suppose you could find a study that says it doesn’t lower test. Either way if a conclusion hasn’t been reached, and you can use something besides marijuana, why risk it? There are studies showing that soy isn’t harmful. I doubt anyone on this site eats it.

I’m sure Joe Rogan smokes weed, but he isn’t a competing fighter. GSP probably smokes weed sometimes too, but not once or twice a week while training for his next fight.

SeanT wrote:
Then you tell him to take benzo’s, which withdrawals are WORSE than Heroin. And long acting benzo’s? Those will make the withdrawals even worse and he will have 0 energy throughout the day.

LoL this is just funny. You’ve obviously never been on benzos or known someone who was on them. Do you have any idea how many millions of people are on them? Recreational users MIGHT have a hard time withdrawing. I took benzos for a year straight at medicinal doses and quit in a 2 week taper with no symptoms. Also, long acting benzos are easier to withdraw from. Valium, the benzo with the longest half life is commonly prescribed to withdrawal from xanax, ativan. I don’t know anyone who has fucked up their life with benzos. I know a lot of people who have with weed.

Anyways, no more arguing about physiological effects of drugs. My final advice to the OP is to study each treatment option as much as possible evaluating the pros & cons, ask his question in other forums (mindandmuscle would be good), and try to find a permanent solution that will require no medication - even if that solution requires medication in the short term.
[/quote]

You’d be wrong in assuming that. I was wrong in the long acting benzo’s would be harder to withdrawal from. I assumed the increased half life would make the withdrawal symptoms be felt for longer(happens with SSRI’s). Abuse of benzo’s can lead to a very powerful addiction. Heroin addicts are advised to not use benzo’s to withdrawal from heroin, as benzo withdrawal is worse than heroin. Also, Benzo withdrawal can be deadly if not tapered(Pill guzzlers mainly). Benzo’s make one drowsy and with such an active life style, I wouldn’t think they would be a good fit.

Agreed. Good advice.

Lots of great replies here, thanks for keeping it intelligent, everyone!

I am pretty sure that marijuana use causes an elevation in aromatase enzymes in the body - those that convert testosterone into estrogen.

While that wouldn’t necessarily lower your total testosterone as shown in the studies posted, it will lower your FREE testosterone, which is actually worse, and will elevate estrogen.

I also heard that it is a exponential effect - the more often you get high, the more pronounced its effect.

I’d pass on grass.

For the record, I was on an SSRI for about 5 months, and I HATED it. Obviously, some people are in dire need of them due to severe depression/anxiety, but I would not recommend them except as an absolute last resort.

Drugs as a stress relief = not good

You train and that doesn’t relieve enough stress?!?!?!

“soft” drugs on a Friday night used responsibly = much more rational way about experimenting.

your doctor should have your interests at heart, have you been to one and said:

he can help you, perhaps there is something else on the market that is more suitable for you, if your doctor says or prescribes something your not happy with, ignor him, you’ll be no worse off.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
bluefloyd wrote:
, look up “joe rogan DMT” on youtube for his view on drugs

That broadcast was hilarious…and, spot on!

[/quote]

i was thinking about purchasing a deprivation chamber like he has but in the end its not worth the money

[quote]Naphta wrote:
Nick Diaz is an absolute cardio freak and has probably been smoking for a decade. While I don’t know if Nate has never tested positive, he is from Stockton. Ronaldo Souza is a confirmed pothead, as is Kendall Grove.

[/quote]

he always tests positive, he has a medical card

Dude if you want any info just go to jackherer.com all his facts are real check out his bibliography, I would suggest if you buy weed . Buy a real dense weed(indica) preferably so it will just relax you and make you settle and porbably fall asleep.

If you just want a wake and bake to wake up definitely go with light fluffy buds(sativa). I find myself doing alot better in my cardio when I smoke about 2-3 bowls a week. usually 1 after a gruelling workout but only if you need something and you need it then… Vaporizers are awesome should definitely look into a volcano vaporizer.