Bulldog: Rebuilding the Old Dog

Pretty much the same on my end on nightly events. Going in I was only at 14 but from the way it was explained I guess my body would catch them before it occur . Which was keeping me from actually getting into a deep sleep.

Or hope that you wonā€™t need to use the CPAP at all. Thatā€™s a lot of weight. It could be possible

Have zero urge to jump on the treadmill todayā€¦

BD%20treadmill

1 Like

A real jog outdoors hands down will always beat treadmill haha.

1 Like

imagesCACG9UOT

Pulled

Entered a mental funk regarding my liftingā€¦ doing some evaluation at the moment.

Bulldog%20man

Bench: ( slingshot) worked up to 415lbs/188.2kg x3 ā€¦ lot of volume on these worked using 5% increments from 60% up to 90% plus set. In retrospect should have stopped on the previous set on these.

Incline DB press: 40/3 @ SW TR 43
JM SSbar Press: well getting stronger on these nothing to write home about. Only mustered 245lbs/111kgs for 9 on finale set. Sorta of chasing a guy I know who did 15 with that weight.
Seal Rows: 5 x 10 @ SW
Band pull aparts: 5 x 20

If no one has picked up on this alreadyā€¦ this isnt 5/3/1

5 Likes

Anyone want to hazard a guess on what approach Iā€™m taking for a no prize?

Old Man Conjugate ā„¢?

1 Like

Bastardized 5/3/1?

@Despadeā€¦

@mr.v3lv3tā€¦

2 Likes

Isnā€™t this just normal 531 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

yes%20I%20squat

SSBAR squat: worked up to a manageable single with 425lbs/192.7 kgs. Probably could have gone up more but I felt that was plenty for the day. Besides I feel that its a good training max ā€¦ which I am currently trying to establish on certain movements.

SSBAR GMs: 3 x 5-8 @ SW
Belt squats: 3 x SW for allot
Seated Hamstring curls: 50 total

1 Like

Iā€™ll be honest based off of how bad people mess up something as simple as 531 . Most people just should not even consider conjugate.
On that note i never understood why in Beyond 531 he talks about trying to integrate max effort to fit into the established protocols.

1 Like

dowdark%20side%20beer

Dynamic Bench: 10 x 3 @ 245lbs / 111.1kgs
Floor press: Worked up to a top set of 315lbs/ 142.8 kg x 5 ā€¦wow really rusty at these havenā€™t done these in years

Seated halo presses: 3 x 10-12 @ sw
Chins: some
Face pulls: Bunch
Hammer curls: some, did these super set fashion with face pulls

3 Likes

Had someone in the know look at my bar speed on the dynamic. He is telling me at this point I probably could easily up the weight another 10 pounds. The current issue on doing dynamic work is that i have no true idea what my actual 1 rm is for the main lifts. At the moment i am heavily dependent on using a max calculator. Which in itself can be hit an miss. Considering my intent is trying to work in a specific intensity range.

laughing%20Bulldog

Dynamic squats: 12 x 2 @ 60%
Speed pulls: 10 x 1 @ SW
Kettle swings: 3 x 20 @ SW
Hyper extensions: Bunch, havenā€™t done these in years

But if your maxes are calculated off of like a 3 rep max for example, wouldnā€™t it be pretty accurate more or less?

You strong old bastardā€¦rusty my assā€¦

Smooth pressing mate! Still kicking ass

Yes your correct and I agree. The problem is I donā€™t have a true 3rm to work from . What numbers I do have are not on all out sets since i try to leave reps in the tank on most top sets . As it stands im having to base how dynamic numbers on a very rough estimated. Which Iā€™m finding annoying but being that this is dynamic work the key being maintaining a specific bar speed in retrospect itā€™s me being overly uptight.

1 Like

Thanks ā€¦ Well I was just saying that the movement felt very odd . I donā€™t think i have done a floor press in over 8 years or so.