Bulldog: Rebuilding the Old Dog

60 and 70s ? That was before my actual prime :disappointed_relieved: I’ll post some more stuff down the stretch for you.

1 Like

Oh shiiii…I still keep thinking subconsciously that the 60s and 70s were just 30 years back. Heck, even the 80s don’t fall under 30 years back. My dad is old. :frowning:

Well the 80s would count for me I only remember bits of the late 70s

happy%20bulldog

Bench: 330lbs/149.6kgs x 5
Buffalo bar Bench: 3 x 5 @ 255lbs/115.6kgs …all reps pause for at least a 1 count
Seal Row: 5 x 10 @ SW
Incline DB: 40/3 @ SW TR 43
Push downs: 4 x 12 @ SW

punch%20the%20clock

Need to line up the new bench properly in the rack and mark the position. Because it throwing me off slightly.

1 Like

yes%20I%20squat

Yoke SSBar: 3 x 5 @ 275 lbs/ 124.7kgs …did 10 on the last set with reps in the tank. reps were clean with good pop coming up. Getting more comfortable with ssbar and wearing a belt again.

Good mornings: 5 x 10 @ SW
Still didnt push it hard as I could.
Hmm…still not sure on core work at this point. Need to get off my ass a do more direct quad work.

3 Likes

@isdatnutty just thought of something regarding my using the trap bar. Got a wild hair up my ass at my sons meet a few weeks ago. When he was warming up I walked up and pulled conventional 425 totally cold in jeans and work boots while nursing a abdominal strain with not much effort. Still have no urge to pull conventional .

2 Likes

Casually pulls 425 like nothing. Nothing to see here, move along folks. Just another boring log :laughing:

On a different note, I feel ashamed calling myself a metal head. Only now did I know that this song was from Black Sabbath

Kids these days.

War pigs/paranoid/pt.2 is probably the best Sabbath album in my opinion. Pure class.

2 Likes

Yeah I was just clarifying that even though I am rusty as hell at pulling that way … That pulling with just a Trap bar is not destroying the conventional. But obviously I would need to specifically pull conventional for some time if I ever wanted to compete just to bring the form back so I could pull optimally .

shame%20always

Ok time for more tunes for you out of my play list…

1 Like

punch%20the%20clock

Seated BTNP : 185lbs/ 83.9kgs X5
3 x 5 @ 140lbs/ 63 .5 kgs

SSBAR JM Press: 3 x 10 @ SW
Pulldowns: 50/5 @ Sw TR 56
Curls: Yep
Seated DB cleans: 3 x 10 @ SW

1 Like

Ever heard Cake’s version of War Pigs? They killed it.

1 Like

lazy

Yeah… head was not into it today and everything felt slow and sluggish. Pretty much a token session at best.

Trap bar deads: 420lbs /190.5kg x 5…just called for reps
Speed pulls (TB) : 5 x 2 @ 345lbs/156.48kg
Band curls (seated): 50 total reps

1 Like

This week I have just felt off. Not physically just mentally for some reason. Just haven’t been able to flip the switch to get into work mode.

I’ve found that’s when I usually tear up the weights in following week’s workouts.

1 Like

I hope so…

Bulldog%20man

Bench: 370lbs/167.8kgs x 4 … kept a rep in the tank
Buffalo Bar bench: 3 x 5 @ 295lbs/133.8kgs
Seal rows: 5 x 10 @ SW
Incline DB Press: 40/3 @ SW TR 37
Pushdowns: 4 x 12 @ SW

2 Likes

After this cycle is done… Think I will go ahead and start doing squats with the Buffalo Bar again and use the SSbar as a supplement movement for squats.

1 Like

Draw%20me

OK , I lied! Went ahead and but the Buffalo bar back in …

Squats( Buffalo Bar): 385ibs/174.6kgs X 10…had the strength for more but I was sucking air . Damn conditioning!

SSbar: 3 x 5 @ 305lbs/138.3kgs … Ok, I like this better as a supplemental movement. Thinking of bumping up the volume on these by 2 more sets.

SSBar Goodmornings: 5 x 10 @ SW

Was moving slow today… was worried because I had some soreness going on in the lower abdominal area . Luckily , it slowly subsided once I started working up on my squats.

3 Likes

Could someone get the number off the truck that ran my ass over?

1 Like

It was a little blurry but think it was SQ1_1AT !!!

3 Likes