T Nation

Boycott IRS

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Gregus wrote:
America has lost it’s nerve. That will never happen. We have a nice and docile population with alot of fears.

This is it right here.

Men like the revolutionaries who threw off the ball and chain of England, that would rather die than quietly capitulate to tyranny are long dead.

Today people pretty much whine and lament the fact that DC just hasn’t “done enough”, even though they probably couldn’t actually articulate what that means. "There oughta be a law is now the rallying cry. Government is instantly looked to for the answer to every problem and it getting worse by the minute.[/quote]

I don’t think those types of people are long dead. I just think things haven’t gone far enough in people’s eyes to warrant a revolution of any sort. People are still living a quality of life in this country that is too good to throw it away.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
The majority of Americans are employees who have all federal taxes withheld from their paycheck. There is hardly any way they can refuse to pay taxes.

In fact, they probably have more withheld than is needed, and file a tax returnto get their over payment back.

They are completely ignorant as to exactly how much tax they pay. [/quote]

Supposedly, withholding is voluntary and one can choose to opt out at any time.

http://usa-the-republic.com/revenue/true_history/Chap11.html

http://www.firesociety.com/forum/thread/15831/W-4-withholdings-voluntary----/

http://famguardian.org/TaxFreedom/Instructions/4.8UseUCCToAdvantage.htm

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Men like the revolutionaries who threw off the ball and chain of England, that would rather die than quietly capitulate to tyranny are long dead.

What are you talking about? It is quite easy to brainwash “patriots” to go to war for any made up reason. It should be just as easy to convince people to do it for their own sake. It just takes the right person to say it at the right time.

Ideas are all that matter.

These two are not in any way analogous.

Yes they are. The revolutionaries did not fight a war on their own. They had to convince others to support their ideas of freedom and liberty.

The majority of people do not rock the boat on their own. They rely on the ideas and leadership of the elite.[/quote]

Ya know what you’re problem is? You reach dogmatic conclusions at an alarmingly premature rate.

The American revolution took place because enough of the people alive at that time were more willing to die than continue in unjust servitude to the crown.

Here’s a fact that you would do well to face right now before somebody finds you hanging in your room. There will always be leaders ALWAYS. It is an inescapable symptom of the human condition. The fact of leadership does not diminish the courage, principles or sacrifice of the rank and file who follow them.

Most men are neither equipped nor willing to lead in the largest causes of life. This is a good thing. Too many chiefs and not enough indians will lead to disaster every time. Power vacuums rarely last more than about 15 minutes because there is always somebody for good or ill who will step up and take the helm.

Your quest for an all civilian leadership free society is going to drive you nuts if you do not get this through your head.

Rainjack may be right that I’m wasting my time, but I would be unforgivably remiss in my campaign for good citizen of the year if I did not take time out of my busy day to point this out to you.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
The American revolution took place because enough of the people alive at that time were more willing to die than continue in unjust servitude to the crown.
[/quote]

How this different than the people who are “willing to die” for other reasons? My point was that it is easy to get people to fight wars.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Men like the revolutionaries who threw off the ball and chain of England, that would rather die than quietly capitulate to tyranny are long dead.

What are you talking about? It is quite easy to brainwash “patriots” to go to war for any made up reason. It should be just as easy to convince people to do it for their own sake. It just takes the right person to say it at the right time.

Ideas are all that matter.

These two are not in any way analogous.

Yes they are. The revolutionaries did not fight a war on their own. They had to convince others to support their ideas of freedom and liberty.

The majority of people do not rock the boat on their own. They rely on the ideas and leadership of the elite.

Ya know what you’re problem is? You reach dogmatic conclusions at an alarmingly premature rate.

The American revolution took place because enough of the people alive at that time were more willing to die than continue in unjust servitude to the crown.

Here’s a fact that you would do well to face right now before somebody finds you hanging in your room. There will always be leaders ALWAYS. It is an inescapable symptom of the human condition. The fact of leadership does not diminish the courage, principles or sacrifice of the rank and file who follow them.

Most men are neither equipped nor willing to lead in the largest causes of life. This is a good thing. Too many chiefs and not enough indians will lead to disaster every time. Power vacuums rarely last more than about 15 minutes because there is always somebody for good or ill who will step up and take the helm.

Your quest for an all civilian leadership free society is going to drive you nuts if you do not get this through your head.

Rainjack may be right that I’m wasting my time, but I would be unforgivably remiss in my campaign for good citizen of the year if I did not take time out of my busy day to point this out to you.

You know…that was a darn good speech. He won’t get it, but it was still a good speech.
[/quote]

It is more like, you don´t get that he already got it, you are slaying a strawman.

If there is a natural elite, it will rarely be found in government.

Therefore, less government, more room for a civil society.

[quote]orion wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Men like the revolutionaries who threw off the ball and chain of England, that would rather die than quietly capitulate to tyranny are long dead.

What are you talking about? It is quite easy to brainwash “patriots” to go to war for any made up reason. It should be just as easy to convince people to do it for their own sake. It just takes the right person to say it at the right time.

Ideas are all that matter.

These two are not in any way analogous.

Yes they are. The revolutionaries did not fight a war on their own. They had to convince others to support their ideas of freedom and liberty.

The majority of people do not rock the boat on their own. They rely on the ideas and leadership of the elite.

Ya know what you’re problem is? You reach dogmatic conclusions at an alarmingly premature rate.

The American revolution took place because enough of the people alive at that time were more willing to die than continue in unjust servitude to the crown.

Here’s a fact that you would do well to face right now before somebody finds you hanging in your room. There will always be leaders ALWAYS. It is an inescapable symptom of the human condition. The fact of leadership does not diminish the courage, principles or sacrifice of the rank and file who follow them.

Most men are neither equipped nor willing to lead in the largest causes of life. This is a good thing. Too many chiefs and not enough indians will lead to disaster every time. Power vacuums rarely last more than about 15 minutes because there is always somebody for good or ill who will step up and take the helm.

Your quest for an all civilian leadership free society is going to drive you nuts if you do not get this through your head.

Rainjack may be right that I’m wasting my time, but I would be unforgivably remiss in my campaign for good citizen of the year if I did not take time out of my busy day to point this out to you.

You know…that was a darn good speech. He won’t get it, but it was still a good speech.

It is more like, you don´t get that he already got it, you are slaying a strawman.

If there is a natural elite, it will rarely be found in government.

Therefore, less government, more room for a civil society.[/quote]

I agree here, Trib, you are right on, but Lifty gets it. You know, I hear a lot of people saying no one is standing up and taking a leadership role, but come the fuck on. Ron Paul had millions of people behind him trying to bring the powerful back in check.

They were laughed at by the powerful themselves, the henchmen of the elite, the media whores, Hannity, Orillly, Matthews, Blitzer, When all these guys agree on one thing and that was making fun of ron paul, don’t you think thats a little strange? They Disagree on absolutely everything.

Yet, The population as a whole instead of seeing the Ron Paul Revolution for what it was, a movement by free people to do exactly what you are all saying, rising up and taking power back, instead you listen to the words of the powerful you hate and despise, you listen to thier poison, you believe our quest is stupid and nieve, you believe we will fail because they tell you we cannot win.

This war is alreay on and it didn’t start with guns or bombs, it is fought with information, it is a battle for peoples minds. The american People are the prize, our country is no good to anyone dead, a slave population can’t do any work if they are all dead. We need to be alive but controlled, so that they can suck our resources off from us.

This is the fucking matrix, at least the beginning of it. Fuck maybe the power elite are really some supercomputers in a mountain somewhere. Maybe they control all the nuclear systems in the world already and they have thier human slaves at the end of those nukes doing thier bidding. Ok yea right but seriously, Look for this financial crises to take this to the next level, one world bank that controls all currency. They will be able to crush entire countries without so much as moving one soldier in or flying one plane, just push a couple buttons on thier computers, make a couple policy changes and they can wreck any economy in the worl they want.

A place like T-Nation should be a place where leaders are rampant. Maybe they are, but seriously, which of you are going to go hide in the mountains when the shit hits the fan? Which of you will stand and fight. We don’t need to fight with guns yet, we can fight with ideas and information. The time is running out for that option though so please lets get moving now.

V

As much as I think this idea would be bad for the economy and country overall, it is a good idea to show that we the people will not tolerate foolish spending of tax payer money. One thing people dont do here in the US is strike. In Europe, should the government try to pull any bullshit people go on strike and the country shuts down until its resolved. While its crude, it does work.

[quote]
rainjack wrote:
The majority of Americans are employees who have all federal taxes withheld from their paycheck. There is hardly any way they can refuse to pay taxes.

Nominal Prospect wrote:
Supposedly, withholding is voluntary and one can choose to opt out at any time. [/quote]

Withholding is voluntary. However, if you choose not to have tax payments withheld from your paycheck, you are still responsible for making them in a timely manner. In practice, this means that you must file estimated tax payments each quarter, with the balance due on the quarter ending April 15.

If you do not make payments during the year and just pay everything on April 15, you will be charged a penalty by the IRS for late payment.

Which is why it is usually a better idea to just have the tax withheld from your check in the first place.


[quote]Sloth wrote:
…[/quote]

Including the executive staff of Big Brother Bank.

If that isn’t welfare…