Boilerman Wants It All

You’re destroying it in here and have been consistently for years, be proud.

The only place I see real regression is the tan lol

3 Likes

We could reframe. Regression in tan is progression by Chinese aesthetic standards

2 Likes

I spent a week on Hainan (Sanya), every afternoon the beach would completely empty except the fruit vendors who would lay in the shade of the trees! So many umbrellas and whitening creams everywhere!

1 Like

Thank you dude, I fall off the wagon for a week or two at a time and for some reason keep hopping right back on.

Also, lol at the tan. NY winters are brutal when it comes to sun as I’m sure you know. I’m basically see through from October until June.

Thanks Sven, I feel like I need to remind (convince?) myself that there is a reason I’m doing this. I can’t forget that the whole point of this is to impress myself with what I can accomplish. Still working on it, but I’m inching forward.

I’d fit right in!

4 Likes

The Boilermannnnn!!!

1 Like

wouldn’t know that’s the same man. love to see it. congrats on your fantastic progress.

1 Like

Still kicking ass i see.
I struggle to eat what’s required to grow; then look at how much you have to eat and its insane.
Last few days ive been shoveling to the point of discomfort. But my body wants to be a fluffy 182lbs.

1 Like

Great work!

1 Like

You know you got a fan in me dude. Great to see this.

100%! That hunger is feeling “alive”. I’m actually writing about this this week, but I think there’s something to be said less about “you are what you eat” and more “you are like what eats like what you eat”. And as convoluted as that sounds, it’s like this.

What eats a lot of meat? Predators. What do predators need to be? Alert, active, quick, aggressive, and dangerous. What grazes a lot? Prey.

Yeah yeah, gorillas and elephants and bulls and all that: I STILL wanna be the animal that EATS the meat vs the animal that IS the meat.

2 Likes

@tlgains @throwawayfitness @jdm135 @whiplash1 @T3hPwnisher thanks dudes, much appreciated!

In all honesty, I’m not even technically growing. I’ve been hovering around 203 for what feels like forever.

What I’ve learned so far is shovel as much protein and “good” fats as you have time for and lift like a fucking madman, haha. You’ll get back in the groove man

This is a very interesting perspective dude. I’m looking forward to the blog post!

3 Likes

Beltless breathing Squat

135x5
225x5
295x5
335x5
335x5
335x5

Front squat
185x10
155x10
135x10

Bench
165x8
185x8
170x8
165x8

Hang clean
135x5
135x5
Power clean
170x5
170x5
170x5

BB row
170x10
155x10
150x10
150x10
150x10

Behind the neck axle press
A+70 x 8
A+70 x 8
A+70 x 8

I may start taking two days between lifting from here. Those squats were pretty intense. Happy with the progress so far though. Might add 5lbs to bench since I’ve hit it for 8 every day to this point.

8 Likes

My shoulders, arms and upper back are super sore today. Must’ve pushed hard yesterday. I plan on hitting the curls and a quick conditioning workout today, but depending on work, I may have to push it off until later. My family is celebrating my mom’s birthday at a Mexican restaurant tonight.

Plans are continuing to formulate in my head. Lots of new, shiny things I’m seeing that feel like they’re pulling me in… My log title really is descriptive as to my head space, haha.

Planning on buying a kettlebell for conditioning work. I want to learn how to use it and it’ll be necessary for what’s to come…

Keys to progress, hopefully able to keep progressing squats until May. In a perfect world, adding 5lbs to squat top sets which would leave me at 3x5 at 375 after 4 more weeks. Continue working on improving conditioning.

10k swing challenge (4 weeks)

Deepwater or super squats

This is kind of backwards, as I’d really like to get my conditioning better now and then start tackling these programs, but I’m already invested in the KTP program. I’ve been changing things up way too much lately so I have to try to stick to my guns.

7 Likes

Love seeing the breakdown and plan there. Since you have a home gym and you’re looking at swings only for the challenge, you might consider just going the DIY route with a swing handle (check the “homemade t-handle” portion of the article)

1 Like

Awesome, that seems super easy to make. I am very impulsive and already bought a 24kg bell for the challenge, but I’ll probably make that anyway so I can work with some lighter weights for the next few weeks before diving in. Thanks dude!

1 Like

Cool! I did the 10K swing challenge about 2 years ago, when Covid interrupted gyms worldwide. I remember a few weeks into it, my wife commented I looked better than I had in a long time! I did the whole program on the living room floor while the rest of the house was alseep (no newborns at that time!) and besides swings I did pushups, lunges, ab rolls, occasional pullups, and tried some kind of overhead thingy with the bell. It’s a change of pace, for sure! Dan John says he runs it every year from january 1st thru 20th.

3 Likes

Hell yeah, that sounds great. I’ve been looking for something out of the norm to tackle and the challenge has been on my mind for a little while now. My conditioning needs to be improved if I want to stay alive during the next DW run. I’ve been getting out of breath super easily lately and it’s not cool, haha.

Also, I’d like to keep to my goals I wrote a few posts up. I think being a lean-ish 200 would look good on me, and even more so after heading directly into deepwater. I think I’d be in a really good place to destroy some PRs after that.

3 Likes

What version of that are you running? I looked it up after I saw it on your log and it looks like Dan John introduced a few minor modifications a few years back. I’ve never run it and don’t currently have a kettlebell at the home gym but it’s definitely on my radar

Solid

1 Like

Clearly this man wants it all.

1 Like

This is the one I have been reading through. Is there a newer version than this?

Yeah dude, I’ve never used a kettlebell before haha. It sounds different enough compared to what I’ve done up to this point to spark some serious changes though.

If you look at the link @T3hPwnisher posted a few posts up there is a super easy way to make your own kettlebell, too. I’m planning on making one now and working on form and getting the movement down before I start.

1 Like