Back...Into the Deep End

On a separate note, I have been ‘filling’ out a bit since my 176lbs. meet, especially, in some of my dress shirts (work). The ongoing back and forth with DaveB. is REALLY paying off in some sweet GAINZ !!

So, I got that going for me:) I’ll take whatever positive I can these days.

Rock On.

Damn, Gainz AND getting to hang out with Karen and Brute. I’m jealous.

Actually I was jealous BEFORE the gainz now I’m REALLY jealous.

Thursday; 9/15

DL: Set up/ tech. work: 6x1@ 185.
Seated Hammer row: 4@ 185,225/ 3x4@ 245.
Leg press: 4x10@ 550
DB press: 3x10@ 50’s
OHP: 3@ 95,115, 135,135.
misc. band work

Friday: Karen @ I.W.

Facepulls: 10@ 80,80,100,100.
Pullaparts: 100+

BE: Up to singles @ 220, 242, 253/ 3x1@ 264 (PR). 2nd was the best; 3rd took awhile, but never stopped:) Stayed focused on the bar moving; fought it up. Pretty pleased with that. Medium BE on Tues, then on to the meet.

DL: Up to 6x1@315. Again; set up/ get locked into place. This is feeling pretty good.
3" block pulls: 4x1@ 315

So the good news= hit BE singles at 264.

Bad news? Barely got more with my SQ on Tues :frowning:

SQ again Sunday; work up with singles, and that’s it until the meet. Medium volume/ intensity on all lifts, here on out, with extra rest, until the Meet in 9 days.

The pleasant woman taking my order at Boston Market today asked “Do you lift weights a lot”
She was about 5 feet tall and 200 pounds and English clearly was not her native tongue. I did get a very hearty portion of mashed potatoes and gravy. I think you did better with the hiking and biking offer.

Enough of this small talk. 7 days out time to get focused and kill it.

Dave: Whatever would make her think you lift weights?

Z: I trained at IW today. Sorry to have missed you. Hope it went well. See you in a week!

[quote=“DBasler, post:648, topic:205524”]
mashed potatoes and gravy.

You had me at mashed potatoes Dave…mashed potatoes. You wore your sleeve-less Molly Hatchet concert shirt right? (that’s how she knew K.)

In other news, I’ve been trying NOT to get sick since Saturday; it’s going so-so. All I’ve done since then is work, eat a little, and sleep.

Cold and flu like BS. The good news is, I only have to work a double on Mondays so…I got that going for me:)

Have a great meet Z…!

Thanks OG, just plugging away:)

Lifted Tues; easy warm-ups, then 4x1 @ medium weights, for the Big 3. Then slept for 2 hours before work. I HAVE been able to eat again. I’m stuffing myself pretty much, trying to get back some energy/strength for Sunday.

As crappy as I felt, I only lost about 5 lbs; God forbid, I ever get back above 190.
Onward and Upward.

1 Like

Goodness!! I hope you feel better too!! MAN!

I hope you are back to 100%. Looking forward to seeing you Sunday! I’m anticipating great things from you!

That’s a lot of hype K :)…I’m fine; it’s all over but the lifting. I was fine until last night, with my numbers swirling through my head. Couldn’t get to sleep.

Lifted, very little, yesterday; 5x1 for SQ/BE, 6 or t 7 for DLs. Stretch/ band work, feeling good.

Mark the date @ 9/24/16; Baked Goods season has begun. It is, in fact, one of the…top 3(?) perks of my job. Cake, cookies, muffins…chocolate of every kind. Soon it’s Harry and David boxes, re-gifted to yours truly.

Today, just some cookies; it’s a start:)

I’ll be back here Wednesday night, for a Meet Write-up. Perhaps Karen will have some pics/vids up from the event.

Onward and Upward.
Z.

I’m glad you are feeling better!! I hope the day before meet stuff goes smoothly.

I’m excited to see you guys and even more jazzed that I get to be the lucky jerk at the meet not stressing out over lifts!! Wah ha ha!! Good luck!!

Yes, I feel great, just want to get outta here.

So Karen is the morning session: weight@ 8/Lift @ 10am, I lift at 2pm. Plus or minus…because it’s a powerlifting meet:)
She has 2 flights; mine is 3.

I’ll be there by 9am.

4355 Field Dr., in Anderson Park…I think we’re lifting in a small maintenance shed, next to their pool.

And whataya mean…stressing over lifts!?!..Jeez.

Almost time z man. Good luck. Go get it.