Andrewgen_Receptors' TRT Log

Yes.
6/12/22

7/27/22

I don’t have any more recent pictures and some of the honeymoon phase has worn off, mostly due to significantly increased work/life stress, but I’ve gotten most of the results I wanted from TRT. My worst days now are infrequent and still better than many of my best days when not on TRT - I don’t regret this decision at all.

Weight went from like 217lb all the way up to 230lb, then tapered back down to around 220-222lb after normalizing from the TRT/E2 bump. I look bigger and leaner as well.

2 Likes

I am very likely going to be on the Test / Stimulant stack as well (meet with shrink on Monday). I am hoping that the combo is synergistic for me. I really only got the body comp benefits from TRT, I think.

1 Like

The more people focus on TRT benefits, the less they realize. Just forget about it. Take it as you need, and enjoy life.

Just like a natural person, they feel good and bad depending on life circumstances.

We take Bio identical t, its just more consistent in the blood stream. This makes us partly optimized. Finding the right dose is what really gives us the energy and focus / health we want.

i felt better at 6 nonths, 1 year and even more around year 2.

1 Like

I mean yes, bio-identical in the sense that I take something which raises my testosterone levels; BUT it raised my TT 4x over and my fT 5x over lol. Far from identical in that sense.

I’m aware TRT isn’t a magic pill and that I will have ups and downs; they have been more up than down since starting though, and my ‘downs’ haven’t been as low =)

Will need to work on this over time - waiting for less life variables to start adjusting dosing and frequency so I can accurately compare the outcomes.

Dopamine and estrogen influence prolactin, dopamine restrains prolactin and estrogen increases it.

That’s why some guys see the high estrogen and blame their sexual issues on the high value.

2 Likes

Strange but should you really worry? It might be back in range next time, probably heading south for the foreseeable thereafter.

Since your lipids are still shit, your diet might be a worthy focus at this point not your TRT protocol. With that being said though, I doubt you’d notice a difference between 125mg and 180mg per week in how you feel, assuming daily injections. Your free T will still be sky-high but your e2 and prolactin could come down.

Not really, maybe bolsters the case for a low carb diet though.

There’s much disagreement on whether high carb low fat or low carb high fat is best for heart health.

There seems to be some general agreement that it’s worse to eat high carbs and fats together oppose to a diet with one high and one low. Theres a strong case for insulin being the root cause of sclerosis and not high cholesterol. Also, credible research has emerged on saturated fat from dairy being good for heart health.

Message being- don’t be afraid of cholesterol but be afraid of inflammation + cholesterol.

I’d be leaning towards trying a strict keto for 6 weeks and retesting. Absolutely no wheat/rice/oat derivatives. Mostly eat veg and good fatty meats and fatty dairy.

Could lower your TRT dose a bit too without complicating the interpretation of results. As above, lipids were shit before with “low” T and now shit with high T. I’d happily bet that they would still be shit with mid T.

Elevated prolactin and e2 are a common duo for me. Also, amphetamines increase/recirculate dopamine. With dopamine not “passing into” the receptor as normal and being “reused” this could be simulating a lack of dopamine downstream increasing prolactin. Plausible.

2 Likes

I’ve seen lots regarding ADHD meds (and opiates) raising PRL. The rise in DA lowers PRL for a bit, and eventually it comes back up. I’ll see if I can find a few items on it. I remember Phentermine did this as well.

1 Like

Not worried, more curious to be honest. DHEA nearly doubled while not taking anything that would have increased DHEA :man_shrugging:

Will be taking a weeklong break from current diet to help with compliance, but I think I will run 4-8 weeks Keto (until I start feeling the Keto Blues), then transition into Vertical Diet (which is could be over-reduced to Keto + rice).

Was considering lowering T dose a bit, may further consider this after speaking with the provider.

Thank you for the thoughtful input.

1 Like

:point_up_2:

Interesting experiment to cut this out and see what happens. Reminds me of me when I used to eat two boxes of white pizza with a side of 16 oz broccoli.

Do you use a micrometer for that?

1 Like

I’d look into citrus bergamont for lipids. Helps that it is cheap and over the counter / available on Amazon. I am probably going to add this into my stack.

Research is varied in results (I am of the opinion that this is due to varying dosing, I’ve seen 150 mg to 1000 mg being used in studies). It seems at 1000 mg/day is quite effective. I found a 1000 mg supplement on Amazon for under $0.20 a day.

Bergamot and Cholesterol Research – Bergasterol, 100% Calabrian citrus bergamot juice

IMO, these are incredible results for a supplement.

2 Likes

Lol no, but I’ll pat the chicken dry and coat it with flour after salt and garlic powder - then shake off the excess. It’s basically as dry as I can make it and only whatever flour sticks is what I use, which is quite thin in reality.

I could weigh it, and it would be a few grams per chicken breast.

I’ll certainly look into this, thank you!

2 Likes

Looks like your A1C was 5.5, I wouldn’t worry at all about it. That’s completely fine. Instead of obsessing over carbs, just be sure to get them from fiber rich sources, or add a fiber supplement such as Metamucil to your diet. Looksl like studies say it works as well as some diabetes drugs. Especially when you are eating so few carbs, its important to get enough fiber so you keep crapping enough lol. Personally, I’d say you are probably OK eating significantly more than 100g/day carbs if you are getting 30-40g fiber per day, and you just eat your carbs along with those massive 200+g protein lol. Carbs are highly overdemonized, but mostly out of context. It’s fuel, and if you use it thats fine, but if you just consume a ton of it and are sedenetary, thats a problem.

3 Likes

It’s not so much that I’m worried about it, moreso that it indicates insulin resistance - which inhibits muscle growth and fat loss. Clearly I haven’t had too many issues with muscle growth (not being arrogant, just that I’m on the right side of the distribution curve of muscle mass by a good bit), but leaning out has always been a struggle for me. Partially because I’m mentally a fatass that needs to eat all the time, and just thinking about dieting makes me hungry; moreso because I have a bad relationship with food where I’ll eat until I’m full, then keep eating.

In addition to this, though, is that being insulin resistant will royally screw up my plans on staying lean year-round. I’m not exactly fat right now, but I’d like to be 6-pack lean whether bulking or cutting.

2 Likes

Again, even prediabetes isn’t until you get up into the 6% range. Let’s zoom out and look at this big picture: Your A1C is completely fine, your lipids are bad. If that’s the case, why would you eat MORE fat and LESS carbs? Sometimes it pays to not overthink things.

I’m the same way when it comes to hunger: I trained myself to overeat and bulk for sports as a teen, and I can EASILY consume far too much at ANY meal, and I get super hangry if I dont eat every 4 hours. That said, you are big dude and a beast in the weight room, fuel yourself accordingly. You may find any flagging performance, low libido, depressed mood is because your body is running too much on ketosis, which let’s all be honest: would you wannt to run your house permanently on a backup generator?

It looks like you are doing a great job of focusing on fat quality, so do the same with carbs. I’ll attach a super boring study below, but theres a part in the middle about moderate carb diets.

this excerpt is good as well:

A one-year randomized controlled study of 202 individuals with a body mass index (BMI) ≥28 and at least another metabolic disorder compared the effect of two dietary counseling-based interventions advocating either for a low-Glycemic load diet (30%-35% of calories from low-GI carbohydrates) or a low-fat diet (<30% of calories from fat) (61). Weight loss with each diet was equivalent (~4 kg). Both interventions similarly reduced triglycerides, C-reactive protein (CRP), and fasting insulin, and increased HDL-cholesterol. Yet, the reduction in waist and hip circumferences was greater with the low-fat diet

Look at that again, those were obese people WITH a metabolic condition, and they had EQUIVALENT weight loss, and GREATER reduction in waist and hip circumference eating more carbohydrates. You are a young gym beast, fuel your body thusly lol. A lot of old guys like me focus on eating better and more fats to keep T and hormone levels up. But you have TRT to do that for you.

Marcus Filly has a lot on this topic, RP diet, or I love Layne Norton for his insights. Coach Thib has a bunch of neurotyping stuff for diet too, and I’ve just begun experimenting with that on myself (type 1B). I would say check those out for topics on moderate carbs, or maybe a reverse diet to help out. A dude like you should probably be eating closer 3000cals per day with 200+ carbs. They’ve been demonized into oblivion, but as some of the other guys have said, think big picture: only fear carbs if you eat a ton of shitty ones, and sit around on your ass all day. get your fiber and protein with the carbs and you’ll be fine. If you want to move and lift and be a strong fuckin ox, then get your fuel man lol.

Last but not least: You are doing better than 99% of your peers and the general population, so keep that shit up man. Good work.

2 Likes

Okay hold on, am I understanding this correctly that both Potatoes and Rice are considered high Glycemic Load foods - and that the goal would be to lower my Glycemic Load?

I’ve never once paid attention to glycemic index stuff because I never thought I’d need to lol

1 Like

GI really truly is only a valuable tool for diabetics. GL is a much better tool however overall, because it factors in GI along with AMOUNT eaten, so it actually has more general real world application. If you just browse through a GL chart, you can see how easy it is to eat 200-300g of carbs, but keep your daily GL under 100, which keeps your risk of insulin resistance and DM down. Since that’s a concern for you, this may be a better approach to your diet, and a way to eat more fuel, feel better, feel fuller, and reduce your worry, instead of trying to fuckin Metcon and hit PRs on 100g carbs a day…which just sucks donkey balls lol. As an older guy, just trying to offer some helpful tools and tips…because no one ever looks back and says " man, I wish I’d eaten more kale and coconut oil"

1 Like

Not sure keto + rice will do anything for your lipids. Natural fats are not bad IMO. Would try getting fats from natural sources, steaks, cream, eggs and salmon etc. Less oils.

Although this would be taking it more towards low-fat higher carbs I believe stopping frying your food in polyunsaturates can only be a good thing. Low fat and high carbs is better than a mixture. Not saying to go vegan or go keto but do pick a heavily biased one and give it a whirl.

This is definitely a valid point and often conventional thought concerning cardiovascular health. I assume your comment relates to resultant cholesterol increase as response to the extra dietary fat? Dietary fat and elevated cholesterol isn’t the issue in terms of mortality and heart attacks from what I’ve read and believe. Much of the research points towards high blood sugar induced insulin resistance and the resulting fat storage mechanisms. Cue the PubMed Ping Pong🙂.

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/108/3/476/5052139?guestAccessKey=c18b1acf-2778-42b9-8d72-878c0e86cdbf

3 Likes

N=1, but the best lipids I’ve ever had were on Keto. Could be that I lost 20ish lbs though.

2 Likes

Apologies if the layout of my reply was unclear. Have edited the post.

Could quite believe your lipids were good on Keto, or any quality high natural fat, low processed carb diet.

If insulin resistance is not the root cause of many of these metabolic issues it’s certainly close to it!

2 Likes

Lol, no ping pong. I would agree and say the overall condition of Heart disease is multifactorial, and generally speaking, bad lipids profiles, inflammation, inactivity, IR and DM ALL contribute to/cause heart disease. Agree fats are not bad. But carbs are also not bad either.

If we just look at the basics of each macronutrient, per gram, it’s MUCH easier to overconsume fat/cholesterol. If you have too much chronically, it’s just easier to deposit in any areas of vascular damage that may be caused by DM, smoking, etc. While not causal, still associated. I think it’s actually much more difficult to overconsume carbohydrates, especially for active athletic people focusing on whole food sources, than many realize. From the scaremongering of the past 20 years, too many strength athletes are coming a carb intake for for a 90lb teenage girl.

I think the QUALITY of both is key as well. Consuming less saturated fat is best, and consuming fiber rich, lower GL carbs, is probably best practice as well. But all of this needs to be done in the overall picture of proper AMOUNT/caloric intake. Hence my hesitancy to lean towards more dietary fats. Chronically overconsuming energy leads to increased bodyweight, and then usually the aforementioned DM and CVD. I don’t think ANY type of fat or carb is “bad” independent of amount and overall diet/lifestyle.

Layne Norton just published some pretty good actual real people fun reading on the subject of you are interested, but good discussion fellas!