450 Bench @193.5, Kentucky Muscle

Super fired up about this. Only got about 5 hours of sleep and didn’t know what to expect, but went 405/430/450 for a 31-lb meet PR, even if it was bench only :slight_smile:

I think that’s right outside the top-10 at 198, which I think would have been 451. Not sure on that but I’ll crack it at my next full meet in December. On the road to 500 and beyond, follow along if it suits you.

Das it mane. Must definitely feel good after what you’ve been through injury wise. How are your shoulders feeling nowadays?

[quote]xjusticex2013x wrote:
Das it mane. Must definitely feel good after what you’ve been through injury wise. How are your shoulders feeling nowadays?[/quote]
Fantastic…no issues for the last three years. Every time I press overhead for extended periods they’ll start to get aggravated again, but I know when to stop now. Only reason I press anymore is for fun… Never helps my bench.

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:

Das it mane. Must definitely feel good after what you’ve been through injury wise. How are your shoulders feeling nowadays?[/quote]
Fantastic…no issues for the last three years. Every time I press overhead for extended periods they’ll start to get aggravated again, but I know when to stop now. Only reason I press anymore is for fun… Never helps my bench.[/quote]

Bu- bu- but THE BIG 4!!!

Fantastic…no issues for the last three years. Every time I press overhead for extended periods they’ll start to get aggravated again, but I know when to stop now. Only reason I press anymore is for fun… Never helps my bench.[/quote]

Bu- bu- but THE BIG 4!!![/quote]
DO IT OR YOURE A POOSI REAL MEN PRESS OVERHEAD NO BENCHES IN THE JUNGLE

Nice lift! Looks like you have plenty room to improve if you weighed in that light.

Congratulations on your PR great job, I look forward to following your progress.

[quote]lift206 wrote:
Nice lift! Looks like you have plenty room to improve if you weighed in that light.[/quote]
Thanks! Yea, I’ll have a shot at 181 for one meet in February since I’m going to be cutting through the new year, but then I want to fill out without getting fat again. Might be able to put up a big number at that meet with the extra cals finally coming, haha.

[quote]tredaway wrote:
Congratulations on your PR great job, I look forward to following your progress.[/quote]
Thank ya kindly! It’s much appreciated :slight_smile:

HUGE bench, anything particular been help drive up your bench the past few months?

Nice press. I have the feeling you want to hit something really big @ 198 lbs. I think you have the potential. However, are you planning on moving up at some point? Would really give you some pounds, especially with the strength you’re already sporting.

[quote]cparker wrote:
HUGE bench, anything particular been help drive up your bench the past few months?[/quote]
Thanks, my friend!

I’ve gotten by on low volume for most of my training career. Since spring I’ve increased frequency to 3x weekly and my reps under stress are almost double. Still only about 60 on the week. My main training philosophy is minimum effective stimulus…allows you to progress for a long time without burning out.

[quote]DaneMuscle wrote:
Nice press. I have the feeling you want to hit something really big @ 198 lbs. I think you have the potential. However, are you planning on moving up at some point? Would really give you some pounds, especially with the strength you’re already sporting. [/quote]
blush

500 at 198 is happening. No doubt in mind about that. When I get there I’ll see how I feel about chasing the all-time record.

I’m between 195-198 right no without any kind of manipulation. I’m cutting through the holidays and will realistically be close to 190. That gives me almost 25 pounds to add to my frame and still be able to make 198. That’s my plan moving forward.

do you use gear? if so, what is your cycle and how do you plan to adjust this to reach your goals?

good lift

[quote]TheCB wrote:
do you use gear? if so, what is your cycle and how do you plan to adjust this to reach your goals?

good lift[/quote]

I hear he’s on teh creatinez. 6 weeks on, 4 off. Repeat until desired results are achieved.

[quote]TheCB wrote:

good lift[/quote]

Of course uses, his bench is over 225.

Heavy:
Great bench BTW. Gives me something to chase. What is your regular walking around weight if you donâ??t mind me asking?

[quote]TheCB wrote:

good lift[/quote]
So far I’ve just gone down the drug rabbit hole with ephedrine/caffeine.

In the future, I plan to introduce gear exactly as I program training, e.g. Minimum effective dosage. I was reading about drugs in powerlifting on the outlaw forums recently and it boggles my mind. These people leave no room to improve and end up running blasts at multiple grams the first time they do it. Crazy.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]TheCB wrote:

good lift[/quote]

Of course uses, his bench is over 225.

Heavy:
Great bench BTW. Gives me something to chase. What is your regular walking around weight if you donâ??t mind me asking?
[/quote]

Thanks man! I remember aspiring to your bench when I first go on these forums, so I’m happy to repay the favor :wink:

Walking weight is 195-198 in the morning. I went light on water and food Friday and got to 193.5, so I’m pretty light these days.

[quote]TheCB wrote:

good lift[/quote]
So far I’ve just gone down the drug rabbit hole with ephedrine/caffeine.

In the future, I plan to introduce gear exactly as I program training, e.g. Minimum effective dosage. I was reading about drugs in powerlifting on the outlaw forums recently and it boggles my mind. These people leave no room to improve and end up running blasts at multiple grams the first time they do it. Crazy.[/quote]

Thanks for the response.

DD and Flipcollar no need for the moronic posts.

Whoa, nice!

How many years do you have under you belt training?