38 Y/O Starting TRT

His prices are similar to Defy and all other knowledgeable doctors. Better don’t save money from a TRT doctor, you will pay more in other ways then…

1 Like

I currently do not know of a better doctor for TRT right now than Dr Nichols. I speak to many doctors every single day.

@dbossa How much does he and other doctors in your group charge annually, if you don’t mind me asking?

I’m using a cookie-cutter clinic and paying well over $200/month for a lot of drugs I don’t even use (such as HCG and an AI). Trying to find a better doctor and make the switch. Thanks.

I can’t say for the other docs in the group. There are a lot. I don’t know Dr Nichols prices but I was told they were quite reasonable. You could always call his office and ask.

I do not make a single $ for any of this.

Thanks I’ll check it out. Yes I know you don’t, so I really appreciate your advice. My original doctor tried to jam an AI and HCG down my throat without a proper explanation, and you and others convinced me not to go down that path. Much appreciated.

That’s obvious that if a doctor is pushing hard for these items, it’s more a business decision.

It actually wasn’t money related since it’s a monthly subscription service - the number of drugs prescribed doesn’t change the monthly fee. But he clearly didn’t know what he was doing.

Reading through the responses, I can see how someone could reasonably conclude that Defy medical does not prescribe AIs upfront. However, they do based on the results of your bloodwork. So, if you go with Defy, do not be disapponted if they recommend an AI. Their experience with tens of thousands of patients is what they base their individual recommendation on.

If you are expected to aromatase do to being obese or have estrogen toward to higher end of the ranges pre-TRT, .125mg AI may be prescribed, it was in my case. Defy Medical considers SHBG levels before suggesting a course of action, they will make recommendations, but ultimately the decision is yours.

Personally I’ll never tough an AI again, would rather inject daily than go back on the AI induced E2 roller coaster.

My point is (not directed at you): Someone may think that Defy does not know what they are doing just because they may recommend an AI against the prevailing opinion here. Defy has a good reputation for a reason and has explained their position on AIs and why they might recommend it upfront.

Took my first 75 mg injection ever on sunday. Felt some pretty bad anxiety in the afternoon on monday. Bad is relative i guess since I don’t often feel anxious. Some cardio work helped reduce the feeling. Still a little anxious today and BP is slightly elevated. Next injection is wednesday night. Is it normal to feel like this starting out?

It is not that you have to take the AI if they suggest it anyways. My doctors office pushed it very hard, and I told them I didn’t want to take it. Their response was that everyone who stops taking it gets high E2 symptoms with the dose I was taking, so when that happens to give them a call and then get back on the AI. Was pretty surprised about how they were firm on that opinion. I feel fine without it.

Many doctors around the world stupid and stupborn, I though only in my country are like that.

You are getting into your own head too much. It’s not the TRT, it’s you right now. And yes, it’s normal for guys that are way too worried about it starting out.

1 Like

Your SHBG will decrease on TRT and may need more frequent injections in the long run.

If you will never touch an AI again, why do you insist on telling people to take one? Taking an AI is the worst thing you can do when you are obese! AI INCREASES visceral fat which is exactly what an obese man is trying to avoid! Estrogen REDUCES visceral fat! ‘Estrogen towards the higher end’ is also nonsense. You are raising your T levels over the clinical range and it is normal, and to be expected, that E2 will follow to keep an equilibrium. It’s the thing that gives you libido, erections, health, and everything else. You need to stop spreading the bro science and start telling people to avoid the AI like the damn plague.

Someone who is obese just staring on TRT “will” more than likely experience E2 sides, I give them the daily injection protocol idea and get resistance.

If they don’t go for it I will guide them and suggest the micro doses .125mg since they are set on weekly or twice weekly dosing.

If you go through all my posts here you’ll see me recommending daily injections to guys with SHBG <20, EOD for guys scoring in the low to mid 20’s.

I’ll get the speech from others it’s not necessary, it is if the guy doesn’t have to use an AI.

I’m not a fan of HCG because it almost always requires the use of an AI. There’s a time and place for HCG.

Your comment about estrogen modulating belly fat is 100% true, I did have more belly fat when I was using the AI.

They aren’t E2 sides! It’s a figment of your imagination that you were brainwashed to believe. We have plenty of big guys in our group who started on an excellent protocol right away and had no issues to speak of, and definitely did not take an AI. Micro doses means you just want to block the benefits of E2 just a little bit. Like saying I want to lower my intake of oxygen just a little bit. Systemlord, I’m telling you, it is absolutely not true. Find me someone obese on this forum. We’ll send him to Dr. Nichols. Hell, I’ll pay for it out of my own pocket. Dr Nichols will get him optimized in no time and then we’ll ask the guy if he had libido issues or ED issues. He’ll say yes: his issues were his libido was through the roof, his erections were like steel, and he lost bodyfat. I’ll take those “E2 issues” any day. Even on a twice weekly protocol, at a good dose (if they resist daily) they will not need the AI and ESPECIALLY if they do the transscrotal cream BID. There is never a need for an AI unless the guy develops mastalgia. That’s it. At the very WORST case, for someone who is genetically predisposed to gyno, and any little thing sets it off (not E2!) you can give a SERM to simply block it at the breast receptor but still allow all of the benefits throughout the rest of the body.

There are so many people you can talk to that I can put you in touch with that will say what I’m saying, with successful practices, tons of patients, and not a SINGLE ONE using an AI. Yet you continue to suggest to guys in this group that they need it. You’re doing more harm than good by suggesting it. Just the endothelial damage it does, just that in itself, is enough for someone never to take it. Let’s block the bad guy E2 but completely destroy the rest of the body. Really? This whole 20-30 range is laughable. All these guys blocking their E2 to get into this magical range yet they are all here complaining about their issues. Ever wonder why? Guys!! Get your T levels WAY UP above the silly clinical range until your symptoms resolve and STOP worrying about E2! If you want to have sex, have an erection, and have orgasms, you want E2!!

I agree AIs are bad for you, but to say there is such thing as high E2, come on. Guys have taken an AI and within hours erections are back and moodiness and irritability is gone.

Try telling the three of my sisters there’s no such thing as high estrogen symptoms, you’ll get a good laugh.

Estrogen is the emotion hormone, it’s also anti-inflammatory for the brain and protects women from alzheimers. Older men have higher estrogen than when younger and is why most men are pertected from alzheimers.

Why is that regarding the HCG and an AI? Trying to figure out if it might be worth getting off it myself.