135lbs of Steel

[quote]Kruiser wrote:

BTW, yoo spelt strength rong en yore atavar! 8^P

[/quote]

I was about to ask what the hell “stength” is and why one would want it “4 life”.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Stength4life wrote:
Kulturkampf wrote:

What’s an O lifter? If I had to choose I would go for Bodybuilding. Bodybuilders tend to have this attitude that I envy. It’s fearless. Plus I have never met any Powerlifters

Not to put anyone down, because to each their own, but my experience with BB’ers and their logic is that they become BB’ers because they were always that small dude in school or whatever. I wouldn’t call a Napoleon complex fearlessness.

HEre we go

Short for Olympic lifter.

You do not HAVE to choose anything. You sound like a newbie. Why not work on building size AND strength for a while. Then, YOU can decide what you want to pursue instead of emulating those whose attitudes you presume are “fearless”.

[/quote]

Lol at “why not work on building size AND strength”

Like it’s possible to get big without getting significantly stronger for reps.

He doesn’t need to worry about low-rep strength at this stage either.
And he will never need to in the future, unless he does it for fun or wants to try out pling or o-lifting.

Why don’t you just eat more so this question never arises again?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Kruiser wrote:

I was about to ask what the hell “stength” is and why one would want it “4 life”.

[/quote]

We actually figured out what stength is in this thread.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2378069

Figured out, made up, whatever.

[quote]Stength4life wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Stength4life wrote:
RWElder0 wrote:
What is your definition of a massive number?

Deadlift-205 kg

Squat-280 lb

MASSIVE!!!

Why did you use kg for the deadlift and pounds for the squat? Not to mention with a 280 pound squat being massive, you’re officially a troll.

Okay, then you are Bob saget.

[/quote]

Haha Lanky… you just got owned.

I’m surprised no one mentioned Bruce Lee…

Or Chuck Norris.

[quote]Kulturkampf wrote:

What’s an O lifter? If I had to choose I would go for Bodybuilding. Bodybuilders tend to have this attitude that I envy. It’s fearless. Plus I have never met any Powerlifters

Not to put anyone down, because to each their own, but my experience with BB’ers and their logic is that they become BB’ers because they were always that small dude in school or whatever. I wouldn’t call a Napoleon complex fearlessness.[/quote]

Right. Being the jackass who never makes much progress because he thinks he has nothing to work on or improve upon is MUCH better.

Napoleon complex? That’s saved for guys who remain small in stature but try to compensate for it in other areas of their life. That term has nothing to do with someone who works hard to gain muscle mass, especially when many of the largest lifters were always that big kid to begin with. Ronnie Coleman has a “Napoleon Complex”? He was always one of the largest people around all of the way back to high school so how does your logic fit? Even the ones who start out small with good genetics make enough progress relatively quickly that their stature would quit being motivation in short time no matter what.

There isn’t much worse than someone who tries to degrade the effort of someone else because they actually succeed at something. It is no wonder people like that are rarely the ones who stand out in a crowd.

The one thing many bodybuilders have in common is that they started out playing other sports and then realized their ability to gain muscle faster than average. The one thing the general public has in common is that they have to find a way to tear down someone like that because it makes them look bad.

RWElder0 wrote:

Deadlift-205 kg

Squat-280 lb

MASSIVE!!!
[/quote]

What are your numbers now?

[quote]RWElder0 wrote:
Stength4life wrote:
RWElder0 wrote:

Deadlift-205 kg

Squat-280 lb

MASSIVE!!!

What are your numbers now?[/quote]

Deadlift 99 kg

Squat: 81 kg … FOR lanky Mofo

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
I wonder why the strongest PLers in the world are also very large hint hint.

[/quote]

im not even looking to start shit with you, but the whole “powerlifters are so huge and they lift heavy weight” thing is getting old. bodybuilders are bigger, period. and they dont train that way. if your goal is to look like a bodybuilder then why wouldnt you want to train the way they train?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

im not even looking to start shit with you, but the whole “powerlifters are so huge and they lift heavy weight” thing is getting old. bodybuilders are bigger, period. and they dont train that way. if your goal is to look like a bodybuilder then why wouldnt you want to train the way they train?[/quote]

His point, that you apparently missed, was that the strongest people in the world are usually some of the biggest as well. That means expecting to be one of the strongest…while being one of the smallest makes little sense. That is why there are weight classes.

There are tons of little kids running around who actually believe size and strength are completely unrelated because they can’t follow that for THEM ALONE to get bigger, they must get stronger than they are right now. It doesn’t matter if they themselves are weaker than someone else.

Also, some of the largest bodybuilders we’ve known trained like powerlifters for at least some of their training career.

I don’t understand why it’s so hard for people to understand it…

If you gain strength but not size it’s most likely a matter of improved efficiency and fiber recruitment. Gaining size (NOT a temporary pump, and 24 hour swelling) without gaining strength is usually indicative of getting fatter. Anyone have a single example otherwise?

Ok bro, your posting in a bodybuilding forum, in the bodybuilding section, about wanting to stay at 135 because your stronger than a couple of people that are 155?

And if your really serious about being a bodybuilder more than a powerlifter then it really doesn’t matter how strong you are in the bodybuilding world.

Doesn’t matter how much you bench, matters how much you look like you can bench. Sounds like you’ve made the right choice though, eat up, get huge!

Good Luck!

To the OP: never met a pler?

I’m a bodybuilder, powerlifters generally have that attitude your talking about, not bodybuilders.

Some bodybuilders are too into themselves to bust ass like powerlifters do.

Most plers I’ve met have a f*ck you attitude I’m lifting weights you and yo mamma could never touch.

i dig that attitude, I’d hope that I’m one of the bodybuilders with a pler attitude.

Muscle is cool but i want to have impressive numbers with that muscle too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry i haven’t contributed to the thread at all so here ya go…gain weight and strength. Eat a lot of food and lift heavy stuff…simple enough?

My little brother is 16, 155lbs wet and his numbers smash yours, don’t take it personal i’m not bashing you, just trying to answer your question. So look at it as an endurance race, built muscle and strength and go for it. The gym is an awesome hobby, enjoy all aspects of lifting weights.

Gerdy

oh and to that bodybuilders were picked on thing.

It’s b.s. in my experience…

I’m a bodybuilder and I was always the top athlete, jock, muscular “go home and f*ck the prom queen” kind of guy (quote comes from sean connery in “The Rock”)

so yea…lol

Gerdy

[quote]skohcl wrote:
Ok bro, your posting in a bodybuilding forum, in the bodybuilding section, about wanting to stay at 135 because your stronger than a couple of people that are 155?

And if your really serious about being a bodybuilder more than a powerlifter then it really doesn’t matter how strong you are in the bodybuilding world.

Doesn’t matter how much you bench, matters how much you look like you can bench. Sounds like you’ve made the right choice though, eat up, get huge!

Good Luck![/quote]

I like that, because I can see how it can be true. The guy who can lift 300 WILL look different than the guy at 200. I don’t want to stay at 135 either.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
oh and to that bodybuilders were picked on thing.

It’s b.s. in my experience…

I’m a bodybuilder and I was always the top athlete, jock, muscular “go home and f*ck the prom queen” kind of guy (quote comes from sean connery in “The Rock”)

so yea…lol

Gerdy[/quote]

My bad I shouldn’t have sterotyped any type of athlete as being a certain way. I think it all depends on the person. But then again, you do kind of need certain characteristics to take part in sports such as bodybuilding and powerlifting.

In anything thats competitive you need to be arrogant yet humble, confident yet a little nervous. from my experience and opinion of course.

It’s all good tho dood…I’m glad you’ve decided to put some size on as well as shoot for strength.

Good luck man. I’m out!

Gerdy

RWElder0 wrote:
Stength4life wrote:
RWElder0 wrote:

Deadlift-205 kg

Squat-280 lb

MASSIVE!!!

What are your numbers now?

Deadlift 99 kg

Squat: 81 kg … FOR lanky Mofo
[/quote]

Yep, you definitely have ‘stength’.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

im not even looking to start shit with you, but the whole “powerlifters are so huge and they lift heavy weight” thing is getting old. bodybuilders are bigger, period. and they dont train that way. if your goal is to look like a bodybuilder then why wouldnt you want to train the way they train?

His point, that you apparently missed, was that the strongest people in the world are usually some of the biggest as well. That means expecting to be one of the strongest…while being one of the smallest makes little sense. That is why there are weight classes.

There are tons of little kids running around who actually believe size and strength are completely unrelated because they can’t follow that for THEM ALONE to get bigger, they must get stronger than they are right now. It doesn’t matter if they themselves are weaker than someone else.

Also, some of the largest bodybuilders we’ve known trained like powerlifters for at least some of their training career.[/quote]

The professor got it exactly right.