Chlorthalidone

The Idaho NPC takes place June 1 in Boise. I was interested in attending that weekend. I will be traveling to California, then returning to teach the summer school term, so that is a bit too much travel. Another NPC takes place in the Fall in Boise; I am thinking of attending that.
But I became curious looking at the list of band substances for the “drug free” competition and saw the list of diuretics that they post. Now I am certainly aware that with a colostomy scar and other ab surgeries, trying to compete in a competition with no abs is a no go, but I do take chlorthalidone for my blood pressure, and heart. It is a water tablet.
I inquired and was informed that it is illegal, apparently and they would need to contact the NPC. The question is, if a competitor is prescribed an “illegal” drug, and has to have that drug for health (legitimate) health reasons, how can they ban that particular pharmaceutical from use?
Would someone in my spot hang up his/her spikes, or try to make a case if he/she is using it as prescribed?
I just wonder?

This is the show?

If it’s not a natural/tested show i don’t think i would worry about it.
The one above appears not to be.

Yes it is. I will not compete, I just wondered what happens when someone who is taking medication for a legitimate health issue runs into an issue like this.

If it is not a tested show then everyone will be taking whatever they want banned or not. If a tested show you may be able to get a medical exemption but not 100% on that. They would prob tell you to do an untested show i guess. I’m sure someone will have a better answer than me on this.

1 Like