280x3
320x3
360x7

Accessory work:
Leg curls:
5 sets of 10 reps at 132 lbs

Ab wheel rollouts:
5 sets of 10 reps

Despite the fact that the lunges have been giving me the most trouble and thus I should be working on them I had to cut them out this week to go to the library to do work for class today. The deadlifting went well, really well. I am looking forward to benching tomorrow. I decided that I am dropping the db bench to sets of 10 so that I can use a more reasonable weight, I am thinking I am going to start with the 70s. With the dips I am going to be doing sets of 10 as well so I can bump the weight I think I am going to start with a 35 plate on my dip belt. I think doing this will get me pressing more weight more often. I feel that its going to help my pressing, perhaps improving my terrible military press.

Yesterdays bench workout.

Benchpress:
Warm up:
100x5
125x5
150x3

Work sets:
175x3
200x3
225x5

Accessory work:
DB bench:
5 sets of 10 reps at 70 lbs

DB row:
5 sets of 10 reps at 85 lbs

V-bar triceps pushdown:
5 sets of 15 reps at 96 lbs

I don’t know, I had been doing 225x5x5 at the end of the summer, well actually I was going 235 for the first two sets then dropping to 225. Now I only barley get 225 for 5, I don’t know what is happening to my pressing. I dropped the db bench to 10 reps a set and bumped the weight to 70s which felt good. Hopefully all works out.

Squat:
Warm up:
145x5
180x5
145x8
180x5
215x3

Work sets:
250x3
285x3
320x3

Accessory work:
Hyperextensions on 45 degree:
5 sets of 10 reps at bodyweight + 10lbs db

So today might be the worst day I have had in quite a long time. Got my first rejection letter from a medical school, but thats not what really made my day so bad. I have other schools, but anyways.

So there I was, in the gym, just finished foam rolling all excited to squat. Do my first set of 145 things felt fine, my right hip felt a little tight, but I didn’t think much of it. So I go up to 180 as I am going through the set I notice the same tightness, but figured I have several sets to go before I get to any real weight. Well, I was wrong, on my fifth rep of the first 180 set I am at the bottom and I feel a little pop on the right side of my lower back. I barely manage to rack the bar.

I looked for the closest empty bench, I hold my breath as I limp over as it hurts to breath. I just laid there for 15 minutes before getting someone to help me up. I eventually decided to drop the weight down then go back up to see if I could at least hit my weights. I did, but the bottom of every rep was quite the scare, it felt like a stretch to make it all the way down.

I limped out of the gym, strait to my car and off to cvs to buy a bunch of advil. We will see if I can walk tomorrow. Right now I am betting 60:40 not walk to walk, but I am hoping otherwise. We shall see how things end up. Even if I can walk fine tomorrow I might make next week a de-load week and then start cycle 2 all over the next week to give my back some time to rest. Here’s to hoping.

It’s official I am taking this week off, and we are going to see how I am doing on Saturday. I had a few days were getting up was a task, but I am feeling much better now, just have to avoid certain chairs. Though I might take another few weeks off, perhaps work on my abysmal pressing g for a few weeks. I hope to get back to this log soon.
Peace,
Zach