Zombies, What Would You Do?

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:
Anakyn wrote:
Digital Chainsaw wrote:
Anakyn wrote:
cricket bat and a few dozen copies of the ‘Batman’ soundtrack LP

You want kill zombies while listening to “Batdance”?

Oh, wait, that would be kind of hard unless you were carrying a turntable on your back (you did say LP’s).

I’m assuming, then, that you want to use them as flying guillotines? Circular saw blades would probably serve you better, in this case.

It was a reference to a scene in the film Shaun of the Dead.

Hmmm… Saw the movie, don’t remember that line. Ah, well…[/quote]

It was merely a reference to the scene, not a literal quote from it.

Chainsaw, bunch of bitches.
What else ?

[quote]knewsom wrote:
Being an SCA ( www.sca.org ) member, I’m perpetually prepared for this sort of thing. Put on a full suit of armor, pick out my favorite wooden sword (not steel - the less blood the better), and go to town.[/quote]

Can you elaborate on this ?
Why is wooden better ?

Leaning on my Resident Evil days, my primary weapon would be a Colt Python .357 Magnum. These suckers take the heads off of zombies from any distance with one shot. Lots of ammo would obviously be required.

Seconday I would need some sort of close range weapon. A lightsabre would be ideal if we’re talking any kind of weapon, but if it need to be an actual weapon I’d a katana. Zombie flesh is relatively soft, so it’s unnecessary to waste energy swinging around a heavier sword.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Shammy wrote:
2) the scary full sprinting Dawn of the Dead // 28 Days later zombie

The zombies were sprinting in Dawn of the Dead? Are you sure?
[/quote]

The remake in '04 they did.
I’d hold up in a Costco myself, saw it in a movie sounds like it wouild work

Me? I’d turn a huge grizzly bear loose on them. In a field. The zombies don’t get to use weapons. Except - Oh hell, nevermind.

Get a trunk monkey.

There’s a simple answer to both.

Call Benny Podda.

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
Chainmail/Kevlar - Prevents the zombies from biting/infecting you with their zombiness.

HomeMade Chainsaw - Take a regular chainsaw and replace the motor with a small motorcycle engine instead.

Supersoaker Flamethrower - Take a supersoaker, fill it with gasoline (or something more flamable) and put a lighter at the nozzle.

Maybe one of these: Troy Hurtubise - Wikipedia

[/quote]

We think the same!

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:
. The katana has virtually zero chance of decapitation.
[/quote]

ok, tell that to the samurai of ancient japan.

It’s weird that this topic was posted. I have had dreams/nightmares about zombies for a long time. They are recurring dreams but have only become more vivid lately. Thanks ZMA!

I have fought them with a variety of weapons: shotguns, swords, hand grenades, bazookas, and so on. My favorite so far has to be the time I defeated 20 or more undead with a sharpened broomstick. Not boomstick. The thought of an actual zombie outbreak frightens me to the core.

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:
For the record, the things in 28 Days later were not actual zombies, they were people with a mind-altering infection that caused them to kill everyone around them except, for some reason, other infected people (A Grand Canyon-sized plot hole that was never explained. [/quote]

You mean like these?

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1237929

[quote]mazilla wrote:
Rah-Knee wrote:

[/quote]

Psh, you could ask tom cruise.

I’m thinking a decent machete. Light enough that you can swing it for hours; heavy (and sharp) enough that it should do some damage in flesh–especially flesh that is rotting.

You may not need to decapitate so much as INcapacitate: if you hack away enough of the head so there aren’t any functioning eyes, I assume they’d just start stumbling into each other.

[quote]happyinmotion wrote:
While I appreciate the personal touch as much as anyone, in the event of zombie invasion, we’re going to have cities full of them. So let’s not mess about. We’re going to need a monster truck with the front covered in the biggest chainsaws that we can find.

And also good windscreen wipers. [/quote]

LIRL happyinmotion wins the thread and in life.

[quote]mazilla wrote:
Rah-Knee wrote:

[/quote]

stop watching ninja movies, then trying to make extrapolations to real life from them. it usually required 2-3 blows from a sword specially made for decapitations to completely remove a head. and that was on a stationary and willing target.

i’m sorry to say that most of you guys are going to be zombie food. but don’t worry, i’ll save you if i can.

[quote]TShaw wrote:
I’m thinking a decent machete. Light enough that you can swing it for hours; heavy (and sharp) enough that it should do some damage in flesh–especially flesh that is rotting.

You may not need to decapitate so much as INcapacitate: if you hack away enough of the head so there aren’t any functioning eyes, I assume they’d just start stumbling into each other.[/quote]

tshaw, zombies often have no eyes at all and still manage to eat people. maybe if you hack the jaw off, it can’t bite you though.

Knife & Fork for me. Turnabout is fair play.

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm… Zombie!

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:
mazilla wrote:
Rah-Knee wrote:

stop watching ninja movies, then trying to make extrapolations to real life from them. it usually required 2-3 blows from a sword specially made for decapitations to completely remove a head. and that was on a stationary and willing target.

i’m sorry to say that most of you guys are going to be zombie food. but don’t worry, i’ll save you if i can.

[/quote]

Did I read your post right, you said that it takes 2-3 blows from a sword to decapitate, on a Stationary and WILLING target? There are people out there willing to have there head cut off to test a swords effectiveness?

Everyone here needs to go pick up Dead Rising for the 360.

Based on my hours of gameplay experience and the 47 levels I have gained killing zombies, I am going with a combination of Big Ass Sword, Katana, and shotgun (you know, to shoot propane tanks).

Hedge trimmers and scythes come close too.