Zombies are BacK Again

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Your videos are fun. Great functional strength you’re building there. And your neighborhood is so pretty. I was a Midwestern girl once. I miss those leaves and the lushness.[/quote]

Thank You so much! I love how green Michigan is also. Moved here from So. Cal. about 20 years ago…very different.

[quote]denver z-man wrote:
Yes, fun, like she said. Looking strong man. Just a nice stroll down the lane, dragging some heavy ass shit with tow straps wrapped around you.

I remember,back in the old days, thinking about your neighbors saying " oh, that’s just Dave".

Awesome.
[/quote]

Thanks Z-Man!Occasionally I’ll get stoppped still and someone will ask what I’m doing. I tell’em I’m just stayin’ in shape. One day one guy replied,“that’s hardcore”. I can only smile and nod.

[quote]minimaltechno wrote:

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Your videos are fun. Great functional strength you’re building there. And your neighborhood is so pretty. I was a Midwestern girl once. I miss those leaves and the lushness.[/quote]

Haha, that’s actually what I noticed too. First I thought, wow great ingenuity, then I was ooooo nice neighbourhood.
Nothing wrong with another Zappa fan around here, such a loss. I saw another username as The Central Scrutinizer, which would’ve been another fun one.[/quote]

Aaah yes, another good one. Thank you for checking out the videos, I love the outdoors, and that functional training.

Hey everyone! Sometimes things just aren’t fair. Lets just say I need to find something to do for about 8 or 10 years till I can retire. So training has been set back a bit but it’ll be alright. I’ve found another hobby I love and it’s been keeping me outdoors and active. I bought two metal detectors for the wife and I to go hunting and we’ve been having tons of fun, although we have not yet found any coins aside from modern money. Several cool artifacts though. We also bought for ourselves, for Christmas, snowshoes but alas no snow yet. We’ll normally have 3-4 feet by now.
So anyhow…sled dragging today, one lap around the neighborhood 0.8 mile drag. Can certainly tell I haven’t done this in a few weeks. Dave

Deadlift today

Stats remain the same…54yrs, 175lbs.

Deads
2x5x135
2x5x185
2x5x225
1x3x245
1x3x265
1x1x275
1x1x285

Cinderblock farmers
4 sets

Bentover rows
2x8x95
2x8x115

Merry Christmas!

Beautiful weather today, for December in Michigan. Takin’ the tire out this morning for a drag.

0.8 mile tire sled drag

Big Tire Flip - 4 sets around 32 flips, didn’t really count

One lap around the yard with the 82lb stone

Love the video and the training you’re doing. Interesting how much heavier a stone feels than that same weight on a bar feels.

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:
Love the video and the training you’re doing. Interesting how much heavier a stone feels than that same weight on a bar feels. [/quote]

I know, right? lol.

Cool you great to do tire drags, DZ. My neighbors would call the cops on me.

Thanks guys! I’ve got several shapes and sizes that one is fairly easy once you get it off the ground. I’ve got one that’s 120, easy to pick up but a bitch to carry. The 160 is just hard any way you look at it.

Only about an inch and a half of crunchy snow on the ground, so some farmers walks are on the menu today.

RDL
3x6x115

Bucket shrugs(full of rain and frozen)
3x10

Cinder Block Farmers
4 sets across the yard

Tricep presses
3x10x35

Happiest of new years to you all!

Weight 174 this morning

Deads
1x8x95
1x6x135
1x6x185
1x5x225
1x3x275
1x0x315 miss
1x0x295 miss
1x2x275
2x5x225

Cinder Block Farmers
2 sets across the yard

Stone carry
2 sets around the yard

Plate raises
2x8x35

For anyone interested, I’m starting a new series of videos on my U-Tube channel about snowshoeing. I do a lot of things to maintain my health, here’s a new one I’m gonna try. Haven’t even been on a trail yet, but I can tell already I’m gonna love this! If you’ve never been deep in the woods after a nice deep snowfall, you couldn’t imagine how awesome it is. This is video #1, hopefully we’ll get more snow and I can video out in the woods. Dave

WTF has happened to the forum? Don’t like this one bit.

Did something different today, took a long walk with a 50lb log. Been thinkin’ about it for a day or so, hoping the log wasn’t too frozen and it wasn’t. Grabbed it knocked off the snow and mud, got it on my shoulder and walked around the neighborhood. Did the 0.8 mile walk I drag the sled on, and without putting it down switched ways of carrying it until I got home. Weighed the log when I got home, it’s exactly 50lbs, shoulders are feeling every bit of that now. :slightly_smiling:

awesome stuff DZ…oh man try to post this but there needs to be a minimum of 20 characters now…WTF

Yea…this is gonna take some getting used to.

Back on the road again…I think there’s a song in there some where…

0.8 mile tire drag this morning, streets are nice and clean tough drag.
Got back and did this,

Dead lift
1x5x225
82 lb stone carry(covered with snow and ice) 1 set around the yard…110 paces

And repeat above one more time

Ok, found you. So you’re still walk around with heavy stuff. Good.