Zombie Plan

thats a valid point, idk about my area, but tucson area is about 1 mil., we had always just assumed clean out the area. i would still go to a store of some sorts, something with the ability to withstand, board it up, and make it look as if it is uninhabited to the normal brain dead zombie.

Horse Sand Fort - Wikipedia fairly close to where I live, as i’m not far from the south coast. what with portsmouth being a naval city, although the gun laws in the UK are slightly less favourable to the odds of survival in a full blown outbreak, munitions should be fairly easy to find in the panic if you’re looking in the right place. Seafort with large guns and 1 access point. Win.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:
I’ve discovered a new pod cast called Torrez vs. Zombies. It brings up some very good points. First of all what kind of zombies are we talking about. Night of the Living Dead or I am Legend Zombies. We need to establish that before we start talking exit strategy.

To answer the question. Grab a coat and go north. The thought is that Zombies will freeze once they follow me to a cold climate since they don’t have the intellect to keep themselves warm.[/quote]

I think a better question is do YOU have the intellect to keep YOURSELF warm?

I don’t know you from the next guy, so I’m in no position to decide whether of now you’d know how to survive for a variable amount of time in a cold climate, but I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you realize that it takes a lot more to outlast zombies in a cold climate than just a jacket.

For instance, how far north are you going to go? What happens when the zombies thaw out? Are you going to go around when the temperature is around or below it needs to be for an organism (dead or not) to freeze to the point of being frozen solid? If so, how far do you travel from you base camp? Are you willing to risk succumbing to the cold yourself?

Also, like someone said before, there will be other survivors who will also travel north putting a huge strain on already limited resources to sustain human life.

Personally, I don’t have much plan in place, but what I would like to do and I think this has the best potential for a comfortable survival. I’d have a sail boat and live off of that in the ocean. I’d try to cultivate a modest garden on board and have some sort of desalinization apparatus with as little parts as possible for a.) reduced risk of wear and tear and b.) little replacement part storage space. I’d think it’d be prudent to, this is before hand, master how to improvise some sort of desalinization apparatus from spare or low important parts from the boat itself.

Obviously, I’d find it important to carry an assorted array of weaponry on board. Rifles, pistols, machete, assorted knives (for protection and to use as tools), blunt instruments (baseball bats, crow bars).

I’d think it also prudent to bring things with multiple uses (such as the sharped edge instruments and crow bars, etc.) as it reduces the amount I’d space I’d need. Also, I’d have a.) a wide band two way radio and either b.) a replacement or two or c.) replacement parts and the knowledge or access to the knowledge of how to repair a busted radio.

I would stay somewhat close to the coastal areas but far enough away to not have to anchor much. If I would ever wish to dock in an area, I’d more than likely stay off shore for a few days to observe the area to develop an educated guess to the level of danger in the surrounding area if I need to go scavenge.

Oh, and I’d try to have a large library of books on board so I don’t go TOO crazy. Also, I’d want some companionship but a very small group for various reason.[/quote]

Do you know how to sail?
[/quote]

ok ok … step one: Learn to sail …

happy mr. buzzkill?

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:
I’ve discovered a new pod cast called Torrez vs. Zombies. It brings up some very good points. First of all what kind of zombies are we talking about. Night of the Living Dead or I am Legend Zombies. We need to establish that before we start talking exit strategy.

To answer the question. Grab a coat and go north. The thought is that Zombies will freeze once they follow me to a cold climate since they don’t have the intellect to keep themselves warm.[/quote]

I don’t know you from the next guy, so I’m in no position to decide whether of now you’d know how to survive for a variable amount of time in a cold climate, but I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you realize that it takes a lot more to outlast zombies in a cold climate than just a jacket.
[/quote]

Gee wiz thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you could look at my avatar and surmise that I’ve undergone some training when it comes to cold weather and survival.

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:

Gee wiz thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you could look at my avatar and surmise that I’ve undergone some training when it comes to cold weather and survival.
[/quote]

Awesome come back!

Assuming that you, NvrTooLate are/were a recon marine, I’m sure you have a lot of skills that would be very valuable to any group. But everyone of these zombie threads is filled with a lot of ideas that the poster hasn’t the knowledge/skills to back up. Really, the best anyone can do is use the skills they already have, not depend on magically learning entirely on their own without practice or instruction an incredibly complicated artform like, I don’t know, sailing, while trying to forage for food and drinkable water and not get eaten by reavenous zombies.

I just couldn’t resist fucking with Polo77j a bit more.

[quote]MeGusta wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]MeGusta wrote:
Just read the thread on Season 2 of “The Walking Dead”. Very excited about that. But it got me thinking about my ‘Zombie Plan.’ Everyone has a zombie plan. What’s yours?

Mine:
I live in Jacksonville, NC. The area is relatively populated (despite being in the middle of fucking nowhere). I have an emergency kit for disasters and teh such. Has a solid amount of food, clothing, and survival gear. Get my crap and drive west to the end of the state and hunker down for a day or two in a storage facility I use to store a car and random supplies/junk. In the event of a full blown outbreak, haul my ass up north to Michigan and settle into my families abandoned summer home. Avoiding major highways (fuck I-95 in the middle of an emergency). Summer house is in a small town. Worst to worst, if I get run out of there for whatever reason, I can take a boat across Lake Michigan into Canada and attempt to survive for as long as I can.

Realisticlly, this is my plan for any kind of emergency/disaster that would force me out of my home. Flood, hurricane, social unrest, economic/social collapse, the British/the Russians are coming, flying sharks/bear cavilary, etc. The further I have to travel from home generally means the worse shit got. In any event where I can stay in the house, I’d be much more prepared. I’d just board up the windows and doors and wait it out. I have enough food and water to last months.

What’s your plan?[/quote]

why dont just fight the brits and the drunk russians? you should a hell of a time :stuck_out_tongue:

My plan is going on top of a hill with no tress we have nearby, stay on top with a scoped weapon and stay there as long as I can.[/quote]

Cause like any professional military would, they’ll bomb the piss out of the first few miles of coast land to clear out most of the resistance and then put boots on deck. Think Iwo Jima and Guadcanal or almost any other amphibious invasion for that matter.
[/quote]

Amphibious invasion? You mean we have to deal with mutant frog people as well as flesh eaters? That sucks. My plan was to avoid crowds, grab some supplies and weapons then hole up in the nearest lighthouse.

The mutant frog people have put the kibosh on that plan.

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:

[/quote]

Gee wiz thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you could look at my avatar and surmise that I’ve undergone some training when it comes to cold weather and survival.[/quote]

Yes, cause no one would ever put a marine emblem as their avatar who wasn’t in the marines…

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:

[/quote]

Awesome come back!

Assuming that you, NvrTooLate are/were a recon marine, I’m sure you have a lot of skills that would be very valuable to any group. But everyone of these zombie threads is filled with a lot of ideas that the poster hasn’t the knowledge/skills to back up. Really, the best anyone can do is use the skills they already have, not depend on magically learning entirely on their own without practice or instruction an incredibly complicated artform like, I don’t know, sailing, while trying to forage for food and drinkable water and not get eaten by reavenous zombies.

I just couldn’t resist fucking with Polo77j a bit more.[/quote]

Just admit it, you hate me

lol … You know what gabby, when I get the time, the first thing I’ll do is take some sailing classes … wanna come along?

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:

[/quote]

The creatures in I am Legend aren’t zombies. They are alive, nocturnal, reproduce sexually and form bonds with others of their kind which they defend. More like mutants.

In the book, they were scientifically explained vampires, who had formed a warrior caste laying siege to Robert Neville’s house every night.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:

[/quote]

Gee wiz thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you could look at my avatar and surmise that I’ve undergone some training when it comes to cold weather and survival.[/quote]

Yes, cause no one would ever put a marine emblem as their avatar who wasn’t in the marines…[/quote]

I thought you were one of the actors from “Always Sunny…”. :wink: Let’s just stop this. We argueing about something rediculous as a zombie apocalypse with anonymous people on the internet.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:

[/quote]

Awesome come back!

I just couldn’t resist fucking with Polo77j a bit more.[/quote]

Just admit it, you hate me

lol … You know what gabby, when I get the time, the first thing I’ll do is take some sailing classes … wanna come along?[/quote]

Yeah, I’ll bring the rum.

You know, I sometimes think about buying some supplies (food, TP, water, etc) and storing in our garage attic for some emergency like this.

Then I think, should I spend a few hundred dollars for something that will likely never happen. I will feel foolish if that day comes.

what supplies would you get?

I’m thinking:
1st Aid kit
Protein Powder
Multi-vitamin
food that will last at least a year or so (canned food that doesn’t require a can opener)
gallons of water
small bottles of water
TP
some cash (just in case it’s still useful depending upon severity of emergency)