Zombie Lovers Unite!

I believe my plan trumps all others. Commandeer a medium to small boat, fortify and raise the entrance points while maintaining balance, have garden on board, line sides with whatever weapons are available and coast around skiing and tubing during downtime. Coastal raids would be relatively easy and small islands are accessible and resourceful spots of refuge.

[quote]Mackk wrote:
I believe my plan trumps all others. Commandeer a medium to small boat, fortify and raise the entrance points while maintaining balance, have garden on board, line sides with whatever weapons are available and coast around skiing and tubing during downtime. Coastal raids would be relatively easy and small islands are accessible and resourceful spots of refuge. [/quote]

Better be careful where you drop anchor … zombies can climb and can roam the bottom of the sea floor … also be careful when you’re skiing, a zombie can up and grab your legs and you wouldn’t even know he was there until your ass is getting chomped on

other than that not a horrible plan…better make sure you have means of travel in case you get stranded. That would most likely happen in a long term zombie infestation of course.

Plus, you have to factor in the other people who thought of accessing small islands who have encountered the infected. Scout the island for a day or two from afar BEFORE you head ashore… make sure you’re not landing on Zombie fuckin Island

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Mackk wrote:
I believe my plan trumps all others. Commandeer a medium to small boat, fortify and raise the entrance points while maintaining balance, have garden on board, line sides with whatever weapons are available and coast around skiing and tubing during downtime. Coastal raids would be relatively easy and small islands are accessible and resourceful spots of refuge. [/quote]

Better be careful where you drop anchor … zombies can climb and can roam the bottom of the sea floor … also be careful when you’re skiing, a zombie can up and grab your legs and you wouldn’t even know he was there until your ass is getting chomped on

other than that not a horrible plan…better make sure you have means of travel in case you get stranded. That would most likely happen in a long term zombie infestation of course.

Plus, you have to factor in the other people who thought of accessing small islands who have encountered the infected. Scout the island for a day or two from afar BEFORE you head ashore… make sure you’re not landing on Zombie fuckin Island[/quote]

I would try and make the boat as independent as I could. Perhaps similar to the fairy in survival of the dead except fortified, There would be a plethora of operable vehicles on board I’d assume. The real problem would be security during downtime (as you mentioned) and fuel availability.

Like Doug said, zombie plans would be dependent on what kind of zombies we’re talking about.

Fast, viral based zombies a la 28 days later vs. shambling supernatural require different game plans.

With my luck the zombie apocalypse won’t go down until I’m working in the hospital and I’ll be one of the first ones to go down.

Poor ER staff is always the first group to go.

[quote]Mackk wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Mackk wrote:
The real problem would be security during downtime (as you mentioned) and fuel availability.[/quote]

Depending on the type of zombie a rope anchor should work (some types may not be able to climb a rope).

Fuel? Sails.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Horse doesn’t run out of gas and you can always eat it if you run out of food.

Not totally unreasonable. [/quote]

Horse or motorcycle are the best options. The last thing you want to be in is a gas guzzling Hummer long term during a zombie blizzard.[/quote]
My only issue with the horse is (and this is just my thought as a suburban guy) where are you going to find enough potable water to provide it on a regular basis? I guess it can graze on grass and whatnot, but don’t horses need gallons and gallons of water everyday? Seems like too much trouble.

[quote]kanew wrote:
I’d rather have a good mountain bike: It’s not as fast but it’s quiet, lightweight, no fuel, easily repaired etc etc.[/quote]
A mountain bike is a terrible idea. You’ll be fatiguing yourself daily and burning crucial calories, cutting into your rations sooner.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Is the outbreak viral, chemical, or supernatural? If the former two, one would be more inclined to hang out a home with secured points of entry and adequate non perishable goods. If the latter, all we can really do is stay on the run.[/quote]
I’m not thrilled with the idea of buckling down in my home in the event of an Infected swarm, but just in case, my basement can double as a last-ditch panic room where I’ve got water, food, tools, etc. I told my gal I was stocking the supplies so we’d have a hurricane shelter. But, yeah, whichever happens first.

I’m a geek fan of the books, this show has all the material to ROCK LIKE NOTHING ELSE. This is not your typical Zombie movie. Its more story than gore but there is plenty of gore. Its about as real as a zombie story can be. It shows how there is really no escape from something like this and how normal people can do some really jacked up things when there is No law and your spiritual beliefs are put on the testing block.

Can’t wait.

I think another benefit of having a horse, which may be looked over, is the ability of the horse to both defend you by rearing and kicking zombies (hooves easily at head level) and to serve as a distraction-meal if absolutely necessary.

Fun Fact: Zombieland was originally suppose to be a t.v. series. the first movie was pretty much just the first two episodes combined to make a move.

I’d find a way to get to a sparsely populated tropical island with enough ammunition to purge the local zombie population. I find it hard to believe that zombies could re-infest the island by walking long distances along the ocean floor.

What the fuck, I thought we were here to talk about banging reanimated chicks? slow backs out of thread

Dude, read ‘World War Z’.

[quote]Mackk wrote:

You’ve clearly never seen the classic “Zombie vs. Shark”

(It’s on YouTube. FWIW, the crazy stunt guy who did this actualy grabbed the shark and bit the hell out of it.)

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]kanew wrote:

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:
I’m looking forward to this show. I live for the day that a zombie outbreak goes down. If it ever happens, I’ll be like Tallahassee from Zombieland, loving every minute of it.

I don’t think a horse would be a good idea though. I would want to go unnoticed, not announce my approach with a CLOP CLOP CLOP down the middle of a city street.[/quote]

Horse or motorcycle are the best options. The last thing you want to be in is a gas guzzling Hummer long term during a zombie blizzard.[/quote]

Motorcycle runs out of fuel; and is loud. I’d rather have a good mountain bike: It’s not as fast but it’s quiet, lightweight, no fuel, easily repaired etc etc.

Anybody else have a full zombie plan?
[/quote]

If I have legislative power I empty out the prisons and put the citizens in the prisons. They are the most fortified and usually in a secluded area. The open prison grounds I would convert them into farmland and plant sustainable crops. Get some livestock in there. Make sure there is at least one whore for every man on the premises, what’s a zombie apocalypse without whores?

On a smaller scale. I would make a bee line to the tallest building in my neighborhood bringing my supplies and weapons. According to Cracked.com based on true scientific reasons a zombie apocalypse would end relatively quickly

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html[/quote]

You sound like “The Governor” from this program, who did, pretty much that. Plus, he kept his zombie daughter around.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

[quote]kanew wrote:
[/quote]

It’s very difficult to devise a comprehensive zombie escape/evade plan as we don’t have definitive intel on the zeds. Is the outbreak viral, chemical, or supernatural? If the former two, one would be more inclined to hang out a home with secured points of entry and adequate non perishable goods. If the latter, all we can really do is stay on the run.

[/quote]

Also, is a slow zombie? Or fast zombie? Head shot? Or simply body shot?

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:
I’m looking forward to this show. I live for the day that a zombie outbreak goes down. If it ever happens, I’ll be like Tallahassee from Zombieland, loving every minute of it.

I don’t think a horse would be a good idea though. I would want to go unnoticed, not announce my approach with a CLOP CLOP CLOP down the middle of a city street.[/quote]

Motorcycles are out. Gasoline gels and becomes worthless within 6 months.

Diesel can last much longer.

A diesel truck with a giant tank would be a safer bet.

[quote]Johnny T Frisk wrote:
What the fuck, I thought we were here to talk about banging reanimated chicks? slow backs out of thread[/quote]

That would be Re-aninmator, a really bad 80s movie, with the girl who went on to be Alotta Vagina in Austin Powers.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]kanew wrote:

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

[quote]Hyena wrote:

Motorcycle runs out of fuel; and is loud. I’d rather have a good mountain bike: It’s not as fast but it’s quiet, lightweight, no fuel, easily repaired etc etc.

[/quote]

If I have legislative power I empty out the prisons and put the citizens in the prisons. They are the most fortified and usually in a secluded area. The open prison grounds I would convert them into farmland and plant sustainable crops. Get some livestock in there. Make sure there is at least one whore for every man on the premises, what’s a zombie apocalypse without whores?

On a smaller scale. I would make a bee line to the tallest building in my neighborhood bringing my supplies and weapons. According to Cracked.com based on true scientific reasons a zombie apocalypse would end relatively quickly

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html[/quote]

The Zombie Survival Guide actually negates most of what is said in this cracked article.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

Dude, read ‘World War Z’.[/quote]

I know it’s possible according to that book, but the likely hood of it actually happening is so slim. If a Zombie ends up underwater it’s just going to be wondering aimlessly, the chances of it stumbling onto our island is are so small, unless your island is visible from the shore line of a populated area. In that case the zombie would actually have a general direction to go.
If you’re island is far enough out at sea wouldn’t the zombie’s head get crushed by the water pressure as it walks along the sea bed as well.

[quote]hachi wrote:

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

Dude, read ‘World War Z’.[/quote]

I know it’s possible according to that book, but the likely hood of it actually happening is so slim. If a Zombie ends up underwater it’s just going to be wondering aimlessly, the chances of it stumbling onto our island is are so small, unless your island is visible from the shore line of a populated area. In that case the zombie would actually have a general direction to go.

If you’re island is far enough out at sea wouldn’t the zombie’s head get crushed by the water pressure as it walks along the sea bed as well.[/quote]

Natural predators. Sharks would eff zombies shit up.