Zombie Apocolypse Results

Hi CT. I started the Zombie Apocalypse workout the day it was posted and am really enjoying it. However, I was wondering if its time to switch for something different? as I’m stalling.

I really enjoy the ‘crossfit’ style and really want to improve on my Olympic lifts and my overall conditioning like I have done with this program. Loved working out 5 days (although I do metcons aswell) a week, due to being heavily motivated.

Results wise - the first time in my life I actually have traps which is pretty damn cool :D.

Muscle snatch - +40kg
BNP - + 30kg
MP + 20kg
PP + 25kg
Hang clean +15kg
On that metabolic conditioning circuit I took my time down from 36:14 to 24:24.
Snatch grip +20kg
Deadlift old ORM is now for 5 reps.
Massive boost in all zercher movments, about 20kg average on all.
Front squat +15kg
Back squat +10kg
500m row down to 1.27.2

So the results have been absolutely incredible, I have a lot of ‘newbie gains’ due to never doing a lot of these movements and never training with this style (mechanical dropsets and mechanical ramping), despite having trained for around 6 years LOL. Thanks again for the great work CT, and all the advice you give :slight_smile:

[quote]Charged wrote:
Hi CT. I started the Zombie Apocalypse workout the day it was posted and am really enjoying it. However, I was wondering if its time to switch for something different? as I’m stalling.

I really enjoy the ‘crossfit’ style and really want to improve on my Olympic lifts and my overall conditioning like I have done with this program. Loved working out 5 days (although I do metcons aswell) a week, due to being heavily motivated.

Results wise - the first time in my life I actually have traps which is pretty damn cool :D.

Muscle snatch - +40kg
BNP - + 30kg
MP + 20kg
PP + 25kg
Hang clean +15kg
On that metabolic conditioning circuit I took my time down from 36:14 to 24:24.
Snatch grip +20kg
Deadlift old ORM is now for 5 reps.
Massive boost in all zercher movments, about 20kg average on all.
Front squat +15kg
Back squat +10kg
500m row down to 1.27.2

So the results have been absolutely incredible, I have a lot of ‘newbie gains’ due to never doing a lot of these movements and never training with this style (mechanical dropsets and mechanical ramping), despite having trained for around 6 years LOL. Thanks again for the great work CT, and all the advice you give :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I was impressed at first… then I realized that you were talking in KG then I was amazed at your progress. It’s a lot of hard word and I’m glad it paid off! Obviously after 4-6 weeks gains from a program will become slower. If you like the format you can keep using something similar but changing the exercises. Most big movements can be done using the continuous ramp and mechanical drop sets… you may only need to change your grip, angle or stance slightly to resume gains.

Of you could do something completely different for 4-6 weeks to resensitize you body to this type of training. Could be bodybuilding training + some conditioning work or more technique work on the Olympic lifts for example.

Thank you for the kind words and further advice CT, much appreciated.
I think then taking that on board that for me it might be best to do 6 weeks of bodybuilding style with Oly practice, just to ingrain the form.

Day1:Legs
Day2:Chest + tri
Day3:O-lifts
Day4:Back + bi
Day5:Shoulders
Day6:O-lifts
Day7:off

As far as whats involved within these workouts I am thinking about possibly doing GVT, any advice/thoughts?

[quote]Charged wrote:
Thank you for the kind words and further advice CT, much appreciated.
I think then taking that on board that for me it might be best to do 6 weeks of bodybuilding style with Oly practice, just to ingrain the form.

Day1:Legs
Day2:Chest + tri
Day3:O-lifts
Day4:Back + bi
Day5:Shoulders
Day6:O-lifts
Day7:off

As far as whats involved within these workouts I am thinking about possibly doing GVT, any advice/thoughts?[/quote]

From experience the set up is not really a good idea. Doing bodybuilding work for the chest and triceps will leave you tight and sore the next day which will make snatching and jerking very hard to do technically correct.

Same with doing these lifts with tired shoulders. After a few weeks of bodybuilding training you’ll be fine since you wont be sore anymore and the goal is not maximal weights, but the first 2 weeks might be hard to do.