185x5
225x5

GM
115 3x10

face pulls
BW 4x15

curls
4x15

Bowed to pier pressure and tried squatting lower, the result was a shooting pain in my right knee? Never had any knee problems before and it didn’t/hasn’t hurt since that set. Not sure if there is a flexibility issue or what.
And that’s all I have to say about that.

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

Great goals DDay, …I like it!! Best to you![/quote]

Thanks, OG. These have been my goals for years but now they seem actually obtainable.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Its funny about the getting mad at the weight I watch tons of video of lifters yelling, getting slapped and what not…and thats just not my style, I guess Im more internal and cerebral.
[/quote]

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

I think a certain type of person also does it to attract attention, sort of ‘look at me everybody’.

I find there’s not a lot of point to doing that when you train alone.

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:
I think a certain type of person also does it to attract attention, sort of ‘look at me everybody’.

I find there’s not a lot of point to doing that when you train alone.[/quote]

That’s why edited the audio, when I watched it my first thought was what a D-bag.

Hope the knee pain isn’t anything permanent.

Yelling and slapping aren’t for me either. I’ve had too much trouble associating athletics with frustration and anger, I need to calm down to lift well.

try working your IT band some, that might help with the knee. it helps me some

Cav- no it hasn’t bothered me since, thankfully. Only going in and coming out of the hole.

mj- will make sure I pay extra attention to thoroughly roll out the IT band next time. Thanks.

FTR the pain was medial, in this picture it’s exactly where the arrow points to medial patellar retinaculum.

Whatevs now I’m just bitching.

Deload shoulders days

Mobility stuff and junk.

Z press (Gawd I love these)
45x12
65x10
85x10
95x10

JM press
barx12
65x10
85x10
85x10

planks 2x1min

facepulls
bw 15x15 The last set used a really log rope and did kind of a pull apart motion at the top, liked this a lot.

Deloads are so boring.

Old fart challenge!

Warm up
135x10
185x5
230x1

OFC
230x35

Kayak rows
3 sets

OFCx2
230x15 or something

So I do the challenge once and kept having this shooting pain in the palm of my hand which caused me to stop once or twice when I didn’t want to. Felt like I left several reps on the bar, that thought kept gnawing at me while doing other stuff so I decided to try it again, MISTAKE. This time I used one wrist wrap on the trouble hand, about the 6th rep I realized this was dumb but wanted to keep going. Finally decided to just quit, was gassed, now I’m sore and can’t imagine what the next few days will be like.

You sir are a madman ( said with much respect)…you did the challenge twice?..we need to talk!!

DUDE!

405x1 is badass. 405x7 is f##king amazing. I bow down to your cool-ness.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Its funny about the getting mad at the weight I watch tons of video of lifters yelling, getting slapped and what not…and thats just not my style, I guess Im more internal and cerebral.

If someone slapped me on my back before a lift, I probably would be like “OUCH, dick WTF you do that for!?” You ruined my concentration…lol.[/quote]

I was working out with a friend of mine; he’s SO mellow. ANyways, he had been all hung up about pulling 315, saying stuff like “I don’t know if I’m ready”, and “what if I can’t do it”. So as we warmed up for the lift and he was getting ready to pull, he starts in with this self-doubt crap. So I slapped him REALLY HARD across the shoulders. His face went totally blank. He pulled it up.

I don’t advocate smackign around, but in this case it was a lot like doing a re-boot. He was so stunned, it cleared all the crap out of his head and he just focused on the lift.

Nice pulls Don! I can just feel the burn on the 230 x 15 after you had already done 35. Enjoy tying your shoes today. LOL

[quote]Canada_K wrote:
DUDE!

405x1 is badass. 405x7 is f##king amazing. I bow down to your cool-ness.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

If someone slapped me on my back before a lift, I probably would be like “OUCH, dick WTF you do that for!?” You ruined my concentration…lol.[/quote]

I was working out with a friend of mine; he’s SO mellow. ANyways, he had been all hung up about pulling 315, saying stuff like “I don’t know if I’m ready”, and “what if I can’t do it”. So as we warmed up for the lift and he was getting ready to pull, he starts in with this self-doubt crap. So I slapped him REALLY HARD across the shoulders. His face went totally blank. He pulled it up.

I don’t advocate smackign around, but in this case it was a lot like doing a re-boot. He was so stunned, it cleared all the crap out of his head and he just focused on the lift.[/quote]
Gotta keep your pimp hand strong for dishing out the occasional bitch slap.

Great lifting.

OG- Thanks. thinking about doing it again next week, I want 50 reps.

CK- I’mmma blushin’. 405 has been like your friends 315, done it a few times here and there but not consistantly.

ddot- Not tooooooo bad today, lets talk tomorrow.

ecogenx- Thanks. Never know when you might have to slap a bitch.

Leg day

Squats
barx10
135x5
185x3

working
215x5
240x5
280x7

BBB squats
165-5x10

curls
3x15

hanging leg raise
3x15

Yea I have a video but forgot the camera in the basement, there is no chance in hell I’m going down to get it. Lets face it, it’s a fat guy sitting down and standing up, go back a page, it looks just like those. Lets hope I don’t have to sit on the toilet tomorrow.

Last nights training

foam roller
shoulder mobility

OHP
barx10
65x5
85x5

Working
105x5
120x5
135x9

FF to :40 seconds

Z press
5x15 @85lbs

JM press
3x10

Plants
2 1min rounds

Pretty decent. Not sure I’m bringing the bar down far enough, my shoulders are so this morning where they should be so who knows.
My legs are STILL sore, like hardly walk sore. Supposed to DL tonight might hold off until Friday. Here is the video from Monday. FF to :50 sec.

Dday- nice work on the millies! I say bring the bar down to where you are comfortable…no points for twisting shoulder up.

Yeah bro nice work on the millies, I tend to go lower only because I feel I have more power from that level but to me chin level is fine to. No lower body movement is key for me and you got that down pat. You look pissed the fuck off man!

Thanks guys.

Just focused Matty. I only get pissed when I deadlift. :slight_smile:

Nice work in here Dday