ZMA

[quote]Moon Knight wrote:
Hmm… what other negatives might one garner from excessive zinc, and, do you have any studies/articles backing this up? Or at least an explanation of how zinc might cause these things?[/quote]

here goes a simple review, relatively old. I have some other stuff somewhere but its packed away

Can anyone give me a reason to buy a separate ZMA supplement, rather than taking a Multivitamin (which contains Magnesium), and a separate 25mg or 50mg Zinc tablet?

Its much cheaper this way.

Thank you cycomiko, I appreciate that. I’m probably going to have to keep a bit closer eye on my zinc intake. While I do have alot of physical stress(physical job, sometimes walking home 6+ miles, plus gym work) I also get alot of zinc(lots of meat, nuts, a multivitamin, AND ZMA).

chris_oldham…
The matter is, some people need the double dosage due to their level of zinc need. Additionally, ZMA provides a more efficient transport method for the zinc and magnesium, whereas one might absorb only part of whats in food or a standard vitamin pill.

[quote]chris_oldham wrote:
Can anyone give me a reason to buy a separate ZMA supplement, rather than taking a Multivitamin (which contains Magnesium), and a separate 25mg or 50mg Zinc tablet?

Its much cheaper this way.[/quote]

Chris…most multi vitamins contain calcium, which inhibits the absorption of Magnesium.

Studies are also showing that in the grand scheme of things, much of the minerals in the multi?s that we’re taking are not being assimilated into our systems based on the vitamin/mineral profiles that companies are putting together to create the multi-vitamin.

I?m sure there are those here that can give more insight.