ZMA With Valerian Root

Hey Lads,
I was browsing threw the local GNC a few days ago looking for any deals/specials on hand and noticed a new brand of ZMA with Valerian Root added.

Ive never used valerian root before, but Ive heard from a few people here that it also helps enhance sleep. Seems reasonably effective and not to costly. Add that onto ZMA which already helps sleep presto. An all natural and healthy sleeping pill.

Only thing is, I forgot what brand it was or the cost. The ZMA component was from SNAC, which means its the gold standard, and the same sold here. The company bought the ZMA and added in valerian root.

Seems like a cool new idea/addition/stack. What do ya’ll think?

[quote]Nicholas F wrote:
Hey Lads,
I was browsing threw the local GNC a few days ago looking for any deals/specials on hand and noticed a new brand of ZMA with Valerian Root added.

Ive never used valerian root before, but Ive heard from a few people here that it also helps enhance sleep. Seems reasonably effective and not to costly. Add that onto ZMA which already helps sleep presto. An all natural and healthy sleeping pill.

Only thing is, I forgot what brand it was or the cost. The ZMA component was from SNAC, which means its the gold standard, and the same sold here. The company bought the ZMA and added in valerian root.

Seems like a cool new idea/addition/stack. What do ya’ll think?[/quote]

GNC’s version has valerian root. I’m using it because I forgot to add Biotest’s to my last order and wasn’t about to order again and pay shipping just for ZMA. I like it fine. Just as much as Biotest’s. However, Biotest is probably the most affordable that I’ve found, and I don’t really think the valerian root makes much difference over plain ZMA.

Valerian root is a diuretic and it can wake you up in the middle of the night 'cause you have to pee.

Better use melatonin or kava-kava.

True is is a diuretic but, it isn’t that powerful so it may not be too much of an issue. The this that does concern me a little is that most naturopaths and herbalists I have worked with and taught by only recommend valerian for use in the short term say 2 to 4 days to normalize sleep patters ? even ones who work in clinic in GNC Australia.

What’s the dose on there? What does the rec’d. used look like?

Drew Price

[quote]Drewsky wrote:
True is is a diuretic but, it isn’t that powerful so it may not be too much of an issue. The this that does concern me a little is that most naturopaths and herbalists I have worked with and taught by only recommend valerian for use in the short term say 2 to 4 days to normalize sleep patters ? even ones who work in clinic in GNC Australia.

What’s the dose on there? What does the rec’d. used look like?

Drew Price[/quote]

Im not sure the dose…Maybe jsbrook can scan his bottle and jump in.

Hey jsbrook, what was the cost BTW?

Oh god. My brother takes this (I take the Biotest ZMA). When I was home, I popped a few. The valerian root seriously knocked me right the fuck out. ZMA usually doesn’t make me drowsy, but I conked out from what I presume to be the Valerian Root.

my dreams are wild with valarien root