T Nation

ZMA with Tribulus, Calmazin, and Multivitamin

My current stack is this - ZMA with tribulus, Calmazin and multivitamin. The ZMA product is combined with tribulus, 1 capsule contains 500mg trubulus and 400 mg ZMA, the Calmazin - 1 capsule contains 333,3 mg of Calcium, 133,3 mg of Magnesium and 8.3 mg Zinc. The multivitmin:

Betacarotene 1.2mg;
Retinyl Acetate (Vit A) 2000IU;
Cholecalciferol (Vit D3) 5mcg;
dl-alpha-Tocopheryl acetate (Vit E) 14.9mg;
Thiamine Nitrate (Vit B1) 1.7mg;
Riboflavin (Vit B2) 1.6mg;
Nicotinamide 18mg;
Calcium Pantothenate 6.5mg;
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vit B6) 2.4mg;
Folic acid 200mcg;
Cyanocobalamin (Vit B12) 1mcg;
Ascorbic acid (Vit C) 60mg;
Biotin (Vit H) 150mcg;
Phytomenadione (Vit K1) 36mcg;
Iron (as Ferrous fumarate) 4mg;
Calcium (as Phosphate) 162mg;
Magnesium (as Oxide) 100mg;
Zinc (as Oxide) 5mg;
Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 100mcg;
Potassium (as Chloride) 40mg;
Copper (as Oxide) 1mg;
Chromium (as Chromic chloride) 25mcg;
Manganese (as sulphate) 1mg;
Phosphorous (as Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate) 125mg;
Molybdenum (as Sodium Molybdate) 25mcg;
Chloride (as Potassium Chloride) 36.3mg;
Selenium (as Sodium selenate) 25mcg.

I was taking the multimineral and Calmazin supplement, untill today when I bought the ZMA with trubulus. So I read somewhere that calcium blocks the ZMA or something like that, any advice on this? Am I taking too much stuff? Almost forgot to add, all of the listed above are taken 1 capsule per day.

As i understand it taking zma and calcium with hours(not sure how many is best) between them is recommended. The Calmazin seems weird though cause it has calcium magnesium and zinc which supposedly inhibit each other from working. Also why would you take zma and calmazin? they both have zinc and magnesium… Zma = zinc, magnesium, vitamin b6(kinda messes up the flow since it doesnt start with a but anyways).

Do a little more research but my thoughts are the Calmazin is probably the thing you should take out considering the studies with the calcium and zinc and also considering you now have zma. You could probably cycle the calmazin on the week off tribulus till you finish your supply so as not to waste it.
Cheers

Thanks for the info.

Drink some milk during the day for calcium requirements, unless dairy is a problem.

Take the Trib as directed.

Avoid taking the ZMA until 30 minutes before bed (1-2.5 hours since your last meal) pop the recommended caps, then wait 30 minutes before you slam you before-bed shake/snack and then sleep. ZMA will give you some nutty dreams when you’re just starting on it.