ZMA or REZ-V?

Hey guys, I’m seeing an endocrinologist soon about my test levels, as my doc told me they are on the low side of the spectrum for my age (20 yr old). I have some of the signs of low test (fat accumulation on thighs, moody, mild depression sometimes) and was considering ZMA (I’m low on funds and being that zinc is a nice anti-aromatase, seems good), REZ-V, or Uber zinc by Poliquin.

What would be the best choice as of right now?

Btw, I eat plenty of fats (at least 3 whole eggs a day, if not 6, couple steaks, handfuls of almonds, 12g of fish oil), lift heavy (do a Westside split), and eat my veggies (LOVE broccoli!).

I’d go with ZMA since price is a concern.

Thanks for the reply! I’ll put in an order soon then.

ZMA yo!

Before you try REZ-V, try finding any solid scientific evidence supporting the claims resveratrol proponents make about its use in humans.

reservatol? it’s found in red wine correct? and red wine is shown to be rather beneficial for health. Not seeing what you’re getting at supabeast

[quote]dreads989 wrote:
Hey guys, I’m seeing an endocrinologist soon about my test levels, as my doc told me they are on the low side of the spectrum for my age (20 yr old). I have some of the signs of low test (fat accumulation on thighs, moody, mild depression sometimes) and was considering ZMA (I’m low on funds and being that zinc is a nice anti-aromatase, seems good), REZ-V, or Uber zinc by Poliquin.

What would be the best choice as of right now?

Btw, I eat plenty of fats (at least 3 whole eggs a day, if not 6, couple steaks, handfuls of almonds, 12g of fish oil), lift heavy (do a Westside split), and eat my veggies (LOVE broccoli!).[/quote]

are you estradiol levels higher that normal?

you are most likely low on zinc, since most weightlifters are, so zinc is a good choice no matter what. You can buy some cheap 6-oxo nowadays and that will dramatically reduce the conversion of your test to the girly stuff.(estrogen)

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
reservatol? it’s found in red wine correct? and red wine is shown to be rather beneficial for health. Not seeing what you’re getting at supabeast[/quote]

What I’m getting at is that, regardless of the effects of red wine on humans or resveratrol on mice, there’s no good scientific evidence showing that humans benefit from taking large doses of resveratrol in pill form. And given the complex chemical makeup of wine and the differences between human and rodent physiology, there’s no reason, other than wishful thinking, to believe that resveratrol has the health benefits people selling it claim it does. Taking resveratrol because the guy selling it claims it has health benefits that he can’t prove is as dumb as eating a tiger penis because Hong Kong pharmacists claim it cures impotence.

[quote]supabeast wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
reservatol? it’s found in red wine correct? and red wine is shown to be rather beneficial for health. Not seeing what you’re getting at supabeast

What I’m getting at is that, regardless of the effects of red wine on humans or resveratrol on mice, there’s no good scientific evidence showing that humans benefit from taking large doses of resveratrol in pill form.

And given the complex chemical makeup of wine and the differences between human and rodent physiology, there’s no reason, other than wishful thinking, to believe that resveratrol has the health benefits people selling it claim it does.

Taking resveratrol because the guy selling it claims it has health benefits that he can’t prove is as dumb as eating a tiger penis because Hong Kong pharmacists claim it cures impotence. [/quote]

I don’t know about the health claims, but my endurance goes through the roof when I take REZ-V before training.

Even assuming REZ-V’s claims are true I doubt it’s fast acting enough to affect your endurance when taken pre-workout. I’m not claiming it’s placebo, but like supabeast I’d like to see more human trials on REZ-V.

[quote]varouet wrote:
Even assuming REZ-V’s claims are true I doubt it’s fast acting enough to affect your endurance when taken pre-workout. I’m not claiming it’s placebo, but like supabeast I’d like to see more human trials on REZ-V.[/quote]

Word.

Besides, you can always add grapes and one glass of red wine per day (5-6 days max) to your diet for many of the benefits.

[quote]varouet wrote:
Even assuming REZ-V’s claims are true I doubt it’s fast acting enough to affect your endurance when taken pre-workout. I’m not claiming it’s placebo, but like supabeast I’d like to see more human trials on REZ-V.[/quote]

REZ-V has two main effects, one it acts as an anti-aromatase limiting conversion of test into estrodial, and two has a strong anti-oxidative effect.

I don’t believe it would act in the short term by helping endurance shortly after taking it. Rather in the long term, over years, helping to keep test levels high and again, for good health.

For me it’s a regular like Flameout.

D

[quote]varouet wrote:

Actually, it does have a short-term effect.

I recommend looking into the effects of Resveratrol on Nitric oxide concentrations.

There have been some interesting studies on this.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
varouet wrote:
Even assuming REZ-V’s claims are true I doubt it’s fast acting enough to affect your endurance when taken pre-workout. I’m not claiming it’s placebo, but like supabeast I’d like to see more human trials on REZ-V.

Actually, it does have a short-term effect.

I recommend looking into the effects of Resveratrol on Nitric oxide concentrations.

There have been some interesting studies on this.[/quote]

Hm, interesting, I wasn’t aware of that. Good to hear.

D