ZMA If You Don't Eat Any Greens?

no fruit, no greens

and since green vegetables like broccoli are a big source of zinc do you think i might have a deficiency? i would rather pop 3 zma capsules then start eating foods i can’t stand, so whats your opinion on this?

question was inspired by this, which i am sure some of you would like to read. his " man salad " looks groce to me tough

So, you don’t eat veggies because you don’t like them, or is there another reason?

ZMA supplementation is a must, in my opinion, for everyone in the iron game. However, vitamins and minerals from food sources themselves are absorbed much more readily than supplementing the same vitamins/minerals.

Vegetables contain many known and unknown nutrients. No pills exist that can substitute for them.

[quote]seekonk wrote:
Vegetables contain many known and unknown nutrients. No pills exist that can substitute for them. [/quote]

Except for this… Superfood - Super Blend of 18 Berries, Fruits, and Vegetables* – T Nation Biotest

Grow a pair and eat your vegetables. You don’t eat food for enjoyment; it’s fuel.

Besides you can adapt them many ways. Mrs. Dash seasonings, Molly McButter fake butter flavor, Emeril’s cajun spices. Sometimes I toss vegetables with a dash of coconut oil for the MCTs and add some fake butter flavoring.

[quote]yorik wrote:
Grow a pair and eat your vegetables. You don’t eat food for enjoyment; it’s fuel.

Besides you can adapt them many ways. Mrs. Dash seasonings, Molly McButter fake butter flavor, Emeril’s cajun spices. Sometimes I toss vegetables with a dash of coconut oil for the MCTs and add some fake butter flavoring.[/quote]

how about just using real grassfed butter. lots of nutrients and not to much tastes better!

Do you seriously not like/eat any fruits or vegetables? If so I’m curious as to what your daily fibre intake is like. And you’re going to need a lot more than 3 ZMA capsules to fix the deficiencies that go with it.

To me taking a whole lot of supplements instead of eating fruit/veges is like doing leg extensions, leg curls, reverse hypers and glute bridges simply because you don’t like doing squats. You’re turning the accessories into mains, and missing out on stuff as a result.

[quote]yorik wrote:

Besides you can adapt them many ways. Mrs. Dash seasonings, Molly McButter fake butter flavor, Emeril’s cajun spices. Sometimes I toss vegetables with a dash of coconut oil for the MCTs and add some fake butter flavoring.[/quote] i dont strive to do things i don’t enjoy, which is why i am asking if zma would fix the deficiencies i am likely to have from not eating greens related to testosterone.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
So, you don’t eat veggies because you don’t like them, or is there another reason?

ZMA supplementation is a must, in my opinion, for everyone in the iron game. However, vitamins and minerals from food sources themselves are absorbed much more readily than supplementing the same vitamins/minerals. [/quote] no reason, i just never ate vegetables and i didn’t start when i started training. fruits(bananas,apples…) and nuts tough make the inside of my neck scratch so i stray from it.

[quote]238 wrote:
Do you seriously not like/eat any fruits or vegetables? If so I’m curious as to what your daily fibre intake is like. And you’re going to need a lot more than 3 ZMA capsules to fix the deficiencies that go with it.

To me taking a whole lot of supplements instead of eating fruit/veges is like doing leg extensions, leg curls, reverse hypers and glute bridges simply because you don’t like doing squats. You’re turning the accessories into mains, and missing out on stuff as a result.[/quote] usually get 15 grams a day but i eat homepopped popcorn multiple times a week as end up with 35 grams or something like that.

A greens supp or superfood would be a better start, but this will still not compensate for the deficiencies

Grow up and eat some veg, you’re not a child anymore. It amazes me how fussy people are about food. ‘It doesn’t taste amazing so I don’t want to eat it.’ seems to be the prevailing attitude. I don’t love the taste of broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, green beans, carrot etc but I eat them because they’re a good and natural part of a diet.

[quote]buildsomemuscle wrote:
i dont strive to do things i don’t enjoy, which is why i am asking if zma would fix the deficiencies i am likely to have from not eating greens related to testosterone.

[/quote]

Be ready to be average at pretty much everything especially your buildsomemuscle endeavors.

To directly answer your question. No.
If not today you eventually will look and feel like shit and never amount to anything. Everyone who has ever loved you will leave you and you will be impotent. Unless you start making some changes now.

If it makes you feel any better there will come a day when eating vegetables becomes more enjoyable and less of a task.

I don’t even like having cheat meals if it doesn’t include a shit ton of vegetables.

Tomorrow is my cheat meal and I’m going to have hummus dip, a salad with a variety of veggies and a pizza that will have atleast 3-5 different types of vegetables on it probably mushrooms, onion, artichoke hearts, spinach, pesto and tomatoes along with some ground beef or steak on the pizza but that is just to make sure I get a little bit of extra protein before my workout.

The food supply in North America sucks.

Sorry not trying to insult anyone, but the food has no taste and little nutrients.

I think the reality is that the foods we grow are so deficient in nutrients, that it would be near impossible to get what we truly need to see awesome results in strength, body comp, and athletic performance.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

i dont strive to do things i don’t enjoy, which is why i am asking if zma would fix the deficiencies i am likely to have from not eating greens related to testosterone.

[/quote]

Be ready to be average at pretty much everything especially your buildsomemuscle endeavors.

If not today you eventually will look and feel like shit and never amount to anything. Everyone who has ever loved you will leave you and you will be impotent. Unless you start making some changes now.

If it makes you feel any better there will come a day when eating vegetables becomes more enjoyable and less of a task.

I don’t even like having cheat meals if it doesn’t include a shit ton of vegetables.

Tomorrow is my cheat meal and I’m going to have hummus dip, a salad with a variety of veggies and a pizza that will have atleast 3-5 different types of vegetables on it probably mushrooms, onion, artichoke hearts, spinach, pesto and tomatoes along with some ground beef or steak on the pizza but that is just to make sure I get a little bit of extra protein before my workout.
[/quote]

fuking lol… ok i’ll start eating vegetables wow how amazing it will be to get the best grades lift more than anyone else and feel better than ever wow yeah sure buddy…

[/quote]

[/quote]
fuking lol… ok i’ll start eating vegetables wow how amazing it will be to get the best grades lift more than anyone else and feel better than ever wow yeah sure buddy…
[/quote]

lol on a more serious note I do feel like the better your nutrition is the better you will feel and operate and the more this will enhance other qualities of your life. This of course takes time.

And the only way I can support it is by telling you I feel better now than I have in a few years. But I suppose you could not have these effects.

but let’s think about this.

Nearly of your bodybuilding and well everything about your body is controlled and regulated by hormones.
These hormones are created from glands. The big ones being pituitary, adrenal and thyroid glands.
These glands not only need energy but nutrients to operate at full potential and capacity, hence your question about zinc.

When you eat tons of food that is non-micro nutrient dense foods you are basically starving at the cellular level.

Over time this may cause these glands to work less efficiently if not already. Slowing your metabolism, decreasing testosterone, using cortisol and other adrenal hormones improperly which can have adverse effects on energy levels, sleep, fat distribution.

Another poster also mentioned that there are a vast majority of nutrients in a single piece of fruit or vegetable that we still have no idea for what purpose many of them serve.
It’s very possible that many of these nutrients are essential to the proper absorption and assimilation for another vitamin to serve its function in your body.

This isn’t real science or anything it’s just how I feel about eating clean most of the time rather than eating shit always.

If your really hung up on not eating vegetables then start eating a lot of animal organs, especially the liver. You’ll probably die of heart disease (or lose all your teeth to scurvy?), but animal organs contain many vitamins and nutrients not found in the regular meat - google it. Personally - I’d rather eat broccoli.

On the plus side, when you do eventually get scurvy - you’ll hear no end to the pirate jokes! Ahoy matey! avast! swab the deck ye scurvy dog!

There are many studies that find health benefits from nutrient-dense vegetables. However, almost without exception, when the nutrients suspected to cause the benefit are put in a vitamin pill and another study is done with the pill, the benefit disappears.

For unknown reasons, the body does not appear to process vitamins and other nutrients well when they are isolated from the foods they occur in, so while taking some vitamin or mineral pills as extra insurance probably doesn’t do much harm, trying to replace vegetables with such pills is currently simply not possible if you want the same benefits.

[/quote]

While I won’t quite go so far as Paulie did, life is full of ups and downs so what’ll you do when it’s not enjoyable? Relationships will never be perfect, your job won’t always be great, you might hit a plateau in your lifting and feel like you’re not going anywhere…

Just eat your fruit and veggies and save yourself a lot of health problems down the track. And as Yorik said, there’re lots of different ways to cook them. Cauliflower au gratin or with bacon is always nice for me.

Stop being a whiny adolescent and eat some damn vegetables. Don’t like doing things you don’t enjoy? Good luck in life then.

Pro tip: steam broccoli, cauliflower and spinach. Blend with garlic and cream. Add cheese if desired. Bam! You’ve just eaten all your required vegetables and they’re delicious as fuck

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

lol on a more serious note I do feel like the better your nutrition is the better you will feel and operate and the more this will enhance other qualities of your life. This of course takes time.

And the only way I can support it is by telling you I feel better now than I have in a few years. But I suppose you could not have these effects.

but let’s think about this.

Nearly of your bodybuilding and well everything about your body is controlled and regulated by hormones.
These hormones are created from glands. The big ones being pituitary, adrenal and thyroid glands.
These glands not only need energy but nutrients to operate at full potential and capacity, hence your question about zinc.

When you eat tons of food that is non-micro nutrient dense foods you are basically starving at the cellular level.

Over time this may cause these glands to work less efficiently if not already. Slowing your metabolism, decreasing testosterone, using cortisol and other adrenal hormones improperly which can have adverse effects on energy levels, sleep, fat distribution.

Another poster also mentioned that there are a vast majority of nutrients in a single piece of fruit or vegetable that we still have no idea for what purpose many of them serve.
It’s very possible that many of these nutrients are essential to the proper absorption and assimilation for another vitamin to serve its function in your body.

This isn’t real science or anything it’s just how I feel about eating clean most of the time rather than eating shit always.[/quote]

i understand better now, maybe i should add some vegetables to my daily eating regime, just force them down. i was thinking of broccoli, cabbage and/or spinach because of the estrogen suppressing test boosting effect people say they have. any tips on how to cook them? can you cook them and then eat hours later like at work/school?

also i wanna add that not eating vegetables does not mean i don’t eat clean, i don’t eat very clean but just saying. i am going to do more things to my diet than vegetables, like adding more animal fats like eggs and hamburgers(80% beef cheapest way to get it) also taking 4,000 ui of vitamin D a day and i already take Cod liver oil. maybe not so usual outside norway but it has high levels of omega 3. usually i drink a lot of milk too, but i am currently cutting fat so thats temporarily gone, not satiating enough. i also eat a lot of dairy and bread.

[quote]238 wrote:

[/quote]

While I won’t quite go so far as Paulie did, life is full of ups and downs so what’ll you do when it’s not enjoyable? Relationships will never be perfect, your job won’t always be great, you might hit a plateau in your lifting and feel like you’re not going anywhere…

Just eat your fruit and veggies and save yourself a lot of health problems down the track. And as Yorik said, there’re lots of different ways to cook them. Cauliflower au gratin or with bacon is always nice for me.[/quote]

i didn’t mean like i wouldn’t work for anything, i meant it like i wouldn’t do anything unnecessary that didn’t amount to any rewards.