ZMA for the Over 50 Gym Rat

I see no reason why ZMA wouldn’t be exceptional for the over 50 lifter, but before I put my Dad on it I was curious to hear some feedback from those of you 45+ers who are taking it.

Do you find that it helps with fat loss at all? (Primarily indirectly)

I’m thinking the raised T levels should help a lot, and the magnesium should help him sleep better.

Thanks.

ZMA increased my free T levels, and TT levels slighty. So theoretically speaking ZMA could increase T levels and therefore reduce fat. This is of course saying if dad isn’t totally hypogonadal yet, then he may have positive effects from it. Magnesium taken with calcium is a much better sleeping combo, just no calcium with ZMA. You could if course have him take the ZMA, wait 20 minutes and then take the cal-mag.

KNB

Put your Dad on ZMA and see what happens. The worst that can happen is that you’ll be out a few bucks and he notices no benefits. On the other hand, he might notice the same effect that I do… a boost in semen production.

A lot of older guys have borderline T issues and even a small boost in T can make a big difference in how they feel. Combine that with fat loss (which lowers E) and the healthy feeling you get from training regularly and he could be on the road to feeling amazingly better… on not. You won’t know until you give it a whirl.