ZMA Explodes In Shower!

SPECIAL NOTE (The events that follow are due to me not following the directions properly on the bottle. It’s not the ZMA’s fault or Biotests . . . just my own oafishness. It could have happened with any pills.)

So I took my ZMA before I headed into the shower and I noticed I felt a little funny in the throat. Kind of like a pill got stuck halfway down and was sticking to the side. I’ve felt this way before so I thought nothing of it.

I tried swallowing some more water but that didn’t make it go away, but it always did eventually so I let it go.
Then . . . out of nowhere . . . I suddenly belch and a SPRAY OF ZMA POWDER BURSTS OUT OF MY MOUTH LIKE AN A-BOMB MUSHROOM CLOUD.

The worst part was I lost a bunch of ZMA.

That has happened to me before. Not very pleasant when it gets all over your office desk!

lol… wow, the things you learn on T-Nation :slight_smile:

I hear that is what killed the kid from that cereal commercial in the 70’s.

I’ve gotten this a lot from capsuled powders. I feel like a dragon hissing smoke when the cloud shoots out.

[quote]Jujimufu wrote:
I’ve gotten this a lot from capsuled powders. I feel like a dragon hissing smoke when the cloud shoots out.[/quote]

i’ll bet it’s wicked flammable too when it’s all dispersed like that. try it… but you didn’t hear it from me.

The other day I was eating some cashews which were conveniently placed in a baggie next to my fish oil capsules…

Apparently, a few of these little oil filled gel caps mixed in with the cashews.

Salty, nutty goodness followed by a pop and warm, foul-smelling liquid running down my chin.

Needless to say, I swallowed it all down with some water rather than spitting it out…gotta get those calories!

-Nate

I had that happen once with a gel-cap multivitamin when I tried to swallow it with coffee. I figured that the hot coffee melted the gel-cap.

that sucked.

It’s finals week so I took a bag of jerkey and a bag of almonds with me to the library. In the ziploc I had 1/3 cup of almonds and in order to not waste another baggie I just threw 3 fish oil caps in.

I was meerily eating my almonds in the library and then that crisp wet crunch… man that’s the worst… I finished my almonds after a trip to rinse my mouth out… it was a battle to eat the rest of the almonds.

This happened to me once with TRIBEX.

[quote]Nate Green wrote:

Salty, nutty goodness followed by a pop and warm, foul-smelling liquid running down my chin.

Needless to say, I swallowed it all down

-Nate[/quote]

For a second I thought my ex-girlfriend posted.

LMAO!

[quote]vaughn5000 wrote:
Nate Green wrote:

-Nate

For a second I thought my ex-girlfriend posted.[/quote]

[quote]vaughn5000 wrote:
Nate Green wrote:

-Nate

That comment really made my night. Here I was thinking I was wasting my night reading T-Nation when I should be studying for my 8 AM final, but no you convinced me I am justified. Thank you ha

used to happen all the time with TRIBEX and MD-6. those tasted bad. laters pk

[quote]vaughn5000 wrote:
Nate Green wrote:

-Nate

I think your Chris Farley avatar is the perfect accompaniment to your jokes…

Good lord, that was horrible wording on my part.

HAHAHA…

-Nate

[quote]vaughn5000 wrote:
Nate Green wrote:

-Nate

This is the best line I’ve heard in a while.

Happened to me before with the old TRIBEX-500. Took a dose empty stomach in the morning and didn’t drink enough water. Burped out some TRIBEX “smoke”. I kinda like the taste of those TRIBEX burps. ;]

you really should win something for that line lol

I used to have issues when swallowing fish oil capsules and chondroitin capsules at the same time. The solution is simple:

• swallow capsules one at a time
  • drink enough water
  • take a bite of something solid after swallowing each capsule, then gulp a little bit of water again

The last step is especially effective. A biscuit, a chunk of apple, anything will do. Much more effective than simple water at pushing the capsule down.

[quote]thrasher wrote:
Happened to me before with the old TRIBEX-500. Took a dose empty stomach in the morning and didn’t drink enough water. Burped out some Tribex “smoke”. I kinda like the taste of those TRIBEX burps. ;][/quote]

the axact same thing happened to me about 5 mins after i had them. i was thinking what the fuck is this.