ZMA Dreams

I dont take ZMA… valerian root.

Last night, I had a dream that I was running around on the field in the back of my school searching for my girlfriend while G’dubya was negotiating WWIII with nuclear weapons.

I was hoping his intellect didnt interfere in having my ass roasted.

I have been taking zma for about 2 months and I have very vivid but very good dreams!!! I must admit when i wake up I feel like I am the Shit!! The T boost is pretty amazing for 10 bucks it is one of my favorite supplements to date!!! Recovery is also very quick !!! I recommend it to everyone!!

[quote]jd_dd wrote:
I love being able to sleep so deep that I have those dreams. One of the fringe benefits of ZMA for me.[/quote]
Actually, most dreams tend to occur during REM sleep, which is as close to consciousness as you’ll come during sleep.

I think I’ve read that serotonin plays a role in regulating REM sleep, which would explain why I’ve had vivid dreams since I started taking a SSRI for anxiety. If you’ll believe it, I haven’t missed a dream since I started taking Zoloft a year ago–bad for nightmares, great for sex dreams! I would imagine that ZMA increases the duration and/or intensity of REM sleep as well. I think I’d have to have a serious talk with a doctor and phychiatrist before attempting to use ZMA with Zoloft.

I also definitely get a deeper sleep, but some of you said that when you wake up you feel very awake? Not the case at all for me, I feel very drowsy when waking up. I wake to an alarm clock though. Could it be that since my deep REM sleep is cut short, I feel this way?

aside from the dreams has anyone noticed any positive effects from ZMA? If so can you list them. Thanks

[quote]wfifer wrote:
jd_dd wrote:
I love being able to sleep so deep that I have those dreams. One of the fringe benefits of ZMA for me.
Actually, most dreams tend to occur during REM sleep, which is as close to consciousness as you’ll come during sleep.

I think I’ve read that serotonin plays a role in regulating REM sleep, which would explain why I’ve had vivid dreams since I started taking a SSRI for anxiety. If you’ll believe it, I haven’t missed a dream since I started taking Zoloft a year ago–bad for nightmares, great for sex dreams! I would imagine that ZMA increases the duration and/or intensity of REM sleep as well. I think I’d have to have a serious talk with a doctor and phychiatrist before attempting to use ZMA with Zoloft.
[/quote]

I guess I used the wrong term. Basically, since I’ve been taking ZMA I’ve been sleeping much better and I’ve been having vivid (but good) dreams.

I just assumed that since I was sleeping better that it meant more deep sleep, but I’m sleep-science ignorant about specific types of sleep, etc. :slight_smile:

I’m on pure zinc… Before, I was late night TV watcher but now I can hardly wait to go to bed… It’s like every night it’s a new experience for me… DREAM ON!!!
Nice firm sleep and vivid dreams…I’m afraid I’m hooked…

XEXE

Well apart from needing Zinc, Magnesium and Pyridoxine anyway, this forumula helps me prevent painful muscle cramps. Occasionaly I’d wake and one of my calves felt like it was being pulled with fishing wire on the muscles.

From a weighlifting perspective, aside from biochemical stuff, getting enough magnesium aids maximal strength and muscle contraction (as long as you are getting enough of your other minerals too, for instance Calcium). Zinc does have a role in testosterone too, but thats biochemical / endocrinolgical.

The B6 (pyridoxine) is useful (you need it anyway though even if you want to sit on your ass) in water balance, a defficiency of pyridoxine results in increased homocysteine levels, which you don’t want, particularly if you eat lots of red meat.

Hey guys,

I’ve been hesitant to post this, but now I’m going to.
I’ve taken ZMA for about 5 weeks now, and it doesn’t help me go to sleep better at ALL. In fact, I often find myself awake and tossing through the night. I know it’s supposed to help, so what could be going on??

I take it around 9, at least an hour and a half after my last meal, and then I wait an hour before taking my pre-bedtime Metabolic Drive shake.
I also take 1 1/2 or 3 grams of melatonin with it. Could this interact with it?
Anybody else experience the same thing??

Well I can beat those dreams…

The very first time I took ZMA I had a dream where Stacey Kiebler showed me her pussy!! I never touched it or did anything to her though which is odd.

She shaves by the way!!

kmh11,

As far as side effects besides those with sleep, I’ve noticed a more general sense of well-being during the day. I, although I could be wrong, contribute it to the ZMA helping to stabilize T levels.

I’ve also noticed a nice change in body comp., although that of course can’t be contributed to JUST the ZMA. But I do feel it has helped.
Oh, and horniness. I’ve been undressing every woman I see. It can be annoying when you get spontaneous boners, but I like it.

First night with it last night. I dreamt that I was at the gym and I was assaulting people with the straight bar.

[quote]wfifer wrote:
Actually, most dreams tend to occur during REM sleep, which is as close to consciousness as you’ll come during sleep. [/quote]

Bingo, this is exactly what I mean. It hasnt been this way the last few nights, but for a while I felt like I was “awake” the whole night because I suppose I was so close to being concious. It was as if I was actually in the dream, so my concious mind was there too. Hence, the alarm goes off and it felt as if I had just been laying there for hours day dreaming.

This lead to actually feeling like I had not slept at all, and that made it really hard to wake up.

On the positive, I do notice less soreness when taking ZMA.

Josh

[quote]HvRv wrote:
I’m on pure zinc… Before, I was late night TV watcher but now I can hardly wait to go to bed… It’s like every night it’s a new experience for me… DREAM ON!!!

XEXE[/quote]

Eh, its the magnesium that puts you in a deeper sleep my friend :slight_smile:

Carefull with buying pure zinc. A majority of the stuff on shelves is crappy zinc and is poorly absorbed, especially without the aid of a heavy dose of B6!

i’ve always had problems getting to sleep, since i’ve been on ZMA i still have trouble (i know it doesn’t claim to help). i’ve found i have more lucid dreams while using ZMA, i’ve always been a good dreamer and tend to wake up less now in the night (from turning).

I noticed the vivid dreams for about the first month with ZMA, however, after a while they didn’t seem as vivid/odd. It may be that I have just gotten used to them and accepted them as the norm. However, last night I took Valarian Root for the first time along with some ZMA and had a quite interesting dream.

In the dream, my sister and I were staying at our Grandparents house for some reason. Apparently they had recently done remodeling, and she awoke from here sleep to go to the bathroom. However, she ended up urinating in a bedroom. The next day, I gave her a hard time for it, and low and behold, the next night, I did the same thing, however, it was a different room of the house. After these two incidents, my grandfather, who is quite the soft spoken-friendly type held a hard grudge against me and my sister for our random nightly urination.

[quote]Velvet Revolver wrote:
HvRv wrote:

XEXE

Eh, its the magnesium that puts you in a deeper sleep my friend :slight_smile:

Carefull with buying pure zinc. A majority of the stuff on shelves is crappy zinc and is poorly absorbed, especially without the aid of a heavy dose of B6!
[/quote]
Well I take mag. during the day and b6 also. Zinc 60 min before sleep… And i’t not crappy zinc. I can see the effects clearly. But thanks for the warning.