ZMA Dosage

I was looking through my medicine cabinet and happen to find a bottle of Zinc, Magnesium, and B-6.

The problem is that regular ZMA tabs have 450mg Magnesium, 30mg Zinc, and like 1lmg B6.

But the Magnesium pills I have are 250mg, the zinc’s are 50 mg, and the B6’s are 50mg. So if I take two Magnesium’s, that will be 500mg, 50 over the regular dose of 450, and if I take the zinc, thats 20mg more than reg dose of 30, and like 40 more mg of B6.

Will I get the benefits of ZMA by taking these together? Also, I know you are not supposed to take ZMA with calcium containing food products, but everything I eat at night time, and when I wake up in the middle of the night has calcium in it (cottage cheese and casein powder) So, should I take it like an hour before, or an hour after a meal? Thank You for your time.

Peace

J.P.

[quote]BeBig828 wrote:
Regular ZMA tabs have 450mg Magnesium, 30mg Zinc, and like 1lmg B6.
[/quote]

Actually, a single capsule of ZMA has 10mg of Zinc, 150mg Magnesium, and 3.5mg of B6. 3 capsules have those facts that you posted. Just being an ass.

I don’t know about the dosage amounts so I won’t give you any advice, but most people take their ZMA 30-60 minutes before they drink their casein shake or eat their cottage cheese, or whatever. This way, the ZMA gets time to absorb, and it’s already done by the time you consume the calcium.

[quote]Actually, a single capsule of ZMA has 10mg of Zinc, 150mg Magnesium, and 3.5mg of B6. 3 capsules have those facts that you posted. Just being an ass.
[/quote]

I meant per serving. So should I take these?

I don’t want to advise you on anyhting that could be harmful. Zinc overdosages are possible. I would wait to hear from Cy or someone of equal knowledge. If you feel like trying it, do whatever feels right according to your body (how you feel after a couple days).

I’m not a doc. I can’t lose a license. I don’t know if you have mental issues either or if you’re easily swayed.

That being said, this thread is pretty ridiculous, just take them.

I didn’t want him to be a dumbass and kill himself with the fucking zinc.
I hope you have that attitude towards everything in life. ‘Just take it’

You’re ridiculous.

Yes, he’ll kill himself on 20 mg extra of zinc compared to that of ZMA.

I checked my vitamins and I see I’m getting 60 mg of zinc from them and ZMA combined. I know I’m not dying and I benefit from ZMA.

We’re not dealing with Uranium here.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
Yes, he’ll kill himself on 20 mg extra of zinc compared to that of ZMA.

I checked my vitamins and I see I’m getting 60 mg of zinc from them and ZMA combined. I know I’m not dying and I benefit from ZMA.

We’re not dealing with Uranium here.[/quote]

Holy shit. Biotest brand Uranium. Genius. They could corner the third world weapons market and package it with Spike.

Hmmm…I believe we’re onto something here…

Im lost

Take the damn Vitamins and Minerals!