ZMA and why it works

Can anybody explain to me the physiological reasons why zma helps you sleep better ? Just kinda interested !

Thanks

Good question, I was wondering that same thing myself. I’ve heard it mentioned that ZMA helps improve sleep, but I don’t understand how it happens. Some companies add other ingredients to their ZMA that might have a sleep inducing effect, but I’ve never heard it stated explicitly how Zinc, Magnesium, and B-6 can improve sleep quality.

Your muscles require magnesium and zinc to release. It is almost always tension in your muscles that inhibits sleep, whether it’s caused by stress during your day or stress from lifting. If you find yourself unable to sleep you can get out of bed and stretch while breathing deeply, or in anticipation of problems take magnesium and zinc an hour before bed.

B6 is also used in the conversion of some amino acids to neurotransmitters neccesary for sleep

The body requires magnesium to convert serotonin to melatonin. The melatonin then induces sleep.

I don’t know the mechanism behind how it works, but I have to tell you, it really does work! I sleep so well when using ZMA. And the dreams are wild. I’ve had a few months off of ZMA, but I recently got back on just prior to using MAG-10. I have no problem sleeping, and every night, I have a new wild and crazy dream!